Anonymous
Years ago

Is Goulding Australia’s best prospect?

He's NBA ready and he plays the NBA way. Surely he can get a gig?

Topic #45772 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Cavs (I think?) did like him during that one Summer League he played in.

Reply #757565 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Dallas

Reply #757567 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I just checked. He played with the Cavs in his initial Summer League stint. Mavs was another one a few years later. The Cavs liked him a lot.

Reply #757569 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

1. Landale
2. Moller
3. Goulding
4. Kay

Reply #757587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay should not be mentioned in NBA terms ever.

Reply #757592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh don't no if taking the piss but I’m with you on the first three twenty four. Now I’ll wait for the haters on Moller and Goulding.

Kay and Sobey not a chance.

Reply #757596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding was awesome tonight

Reply #757610 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Goulding is too inconsistent
He can have games where he can turn the result single-handed, then the next he goes MIA.

Great option to have on the bench, especially if the coach is prepared to ride a hot-streak

Reply #757618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he can play like this in the World Cup he might have a chance to get in

Reply #757623 | Report this post

Pud93  
Years ago

Goulding was great last night. Why do people keep thinking Moller is a player?? Solid at SEABL level, but done nothing in NBL.

Reply #757640 | Report this post

Hroz  
Years ago

Goulding is possibly too small for the NBA. @6'2 he would need to become a PG in the mould of Delly.

A solid 3&D player.

Reply #757647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not 6’2. He’s 6’4. 192cm
1cm shorter than Dellavedova.

Reply #757649 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Goulding doesn't have the body to play in the NBA as he isn't long enough to defend at the 3/D position or good enough in the PnR to be a back up PG so hence he isn't in the league.

Reply #757651 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Goulding will get his opportunity.

And as a SG. He's not a PG and he doesn't need to be.

Reply #757657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At 30, very slim chance.

Both ingles and broekhoff came in at 27.

Reply #757658 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's clearly Landale, right?

Reply #757680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Isn't Green more fancied?

Reply #757689 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

His game is a lot like Alexey Shved (sp?)

In fact almost identical type of games. Shved probably a bit better of a scorer though but just in terms of role and playing styles.

Shved got a shot;but didn't last long.

The problem for him is that there’s a lot of Goulding’s all over the world including in Europe.

Reply #757698 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Shved chose to go back to Europe.

Averaged 14.8, 4.6, 3.6 in is last showing at NY Knicks. Had NBA contract offers.

Reply #757702 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Goulding a bit like Shane Heal, in that he has one elite skill- three point shooting. That's valuable anywhere, any league, any time.

If Goulding can impress at this World Cup like Heal did in Atlanta- and he’s got a golden opportunity to do so, given how well he fits the 6th man spark plug, aggressive scorer role in this group - then he’s a chance to get a try out.

Only difference compared to Heal’s day is that 3 point shooters are everywhere. CG doesn’t stand out as much.

Reply #757705 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Goulding is elite at the single most important skill in modern basketball. For him, it's a question of whether he can cover his other possible weaknesses- like speed, or defending athletic NBA wings. But he does have one weapon that will appeal to any coach, anywhere.

If we compare him to someone like Creek- Creek is a good defender, good at getting to the rim, he can rebound and run the lanes.

But Creek is not elite at any one thing. In the NBL he's exceptionally athletic, but there’s plenty of NBA guys who are similarly athletic and do much the same things. Many of them are taller and/or have a better 3 point shot to boot.

If Creek wants to make the NBA grade, he needs to keep improving his skills- or find a way to stand out from the crowd. Maybe that's just being known as a guy who hustles hard, is an ultimate team first guy.

Reply #757708 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The problem for him is that there's a lot of Goulding’s all over the world including in Europe.
And I imagine many of them are 2-4" taller.

Reply #757710 | Report this post

Hroz  
Years ago

Also just realised hr's hardly a prospect.
He's 31 when the next NBA season starts.

No NBA team is going to take a chance on him for a guy who's career should be on the downswing.

Reply #757745 | Report this post

Hroz  
Years ago

Green will make it when he declares.

Landale and Cooks are the other 2 obvious choices.

I feel Cooks size and game mean he will definitely be in the NBA eventually. But at the same time I'll readily admit that I don't watch much basketball outside the NBA.

Vast majority of my opinion is via highlight videos.

Reply #757764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding lost his NBL starting gig last season

Reply #757783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are a fickle bunch I recall many of us not just Makur Maker being disappointed with his inclusion in the team now we are annoiting him as a NBA prospect.

Reply #757791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never doubted Goulding abilities, it's the Australian tall poppy syndrome. While I don’t like the the some of the Americans shoot there mouth off and some Australians now, Goulding just strutted his stuff and liked winning.
Goulding coming off the bench last season didn’t work well for Melbourne, they had a great team spent a fortune and ran second. He’s a starter and Melbourne’s chemistry was poor with out him starting. The money they were paying Kennedy was outrageous for out put.

Reply #757813 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Goulding lost his NBL starting gig last season

And he will likely come off of the bench for United again this season but that is more about fit than anything else, United were a better looking team with McCarron starting and Goulding off the bench last season.

I've been a big advocate for Goulding in the Boomers team over the years (the selectors finally started paying attention prior to the last WC) as we've always had a number of guys that go into their shells in the big tournaments and Goulding a bit similar to Heal is cold blooded every shot he shoots is a good shot in his mind and we need that desperately on the Boomers.

Reply #757824 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

He lost it because McCarron is a better player. Period.

Reply #758250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarron better than Goulding, LMAO, get over your small mind mentality.

Reply #758264 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Goulding over McCarron.

Reply #758271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:24 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754