Why wasn't Boomers - USA game on NBL TV?

Does anyone know why the first Boomers v Team USA game was not on NBL TV, either live or available to replay? And can we expect a similar let down for Game 2?

Like many Hoops regulars and Boomers fans I had been really excited to watch this game. I avoided the score and was really disappointed when NBL TV didnt show it. They showed all the other 'International Basketball Series' games, but not this.

If you are overseas, you rely on NBL TV but it was really disappointing not to get the USA game.

Does anyone know if NBL TV will show Boomers WC games?

Topic #45773 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

The TV rights aren't worth anything if it's on NBL TV.

No, NBL TV won't be covering the World Cup.

Reply #757631 | Report this post

Lorenzo  
Years ago

Sbs on demand livestream

Reply #757634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If overseas you can stream the game live on twitch I believe

Reply #757637 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

The replay is on Youtube. A side note whoever put up the first half put up the score on the title as well. Why would someone that is watching it want to know the half time score?!

Reply #757648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do people realise it was on regular TV?

Reply #757652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was live on SBS. Decent broadcast I thought.

I know there were serious issues with visibility from seats, but it looked fantastic on TV.

Reply #757667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would it be on NBL TV considering its a FIBA event & technically has nothing to do with the NBL.

Reply #757673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looked sensational on tv. Great event.

Reply #757681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it was an event run by a promoter on behalf of BA and the NBL.

Reply #757692 | Report this post

To all those asking why it would be on NBL TV, as I said above, the rest of the International Basketball Series is broadcast on NBL TV. Many Boomers games in recent years have also been on NBL TV.

And others who have discovered it's on FTA and SBS On Demand, that doesn't help if you are overseas.

Thanks to serious replies.

Reply #757735 | Report this post

Thanks Brunson, found the replay you are talking about. You're right, posting the score is bad form, but I'll take it.

https://youtu.be/LCO5axdyJr0

Reply #757737 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

If overseas, World Cup is streamed on livebasketball.net, for a fee. If past experience remains consistent, they always have the worst commentators, usually a single commentator in each game, that knows little about the Australian team.

Reply #757785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754