Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball Australia trending

Finally basketball is the most talked about topic in Australia. News headlines on every outlet. The talk of the office for those who didn't know a sport beyond AFL. I’ve never heard so many people talk about basketball. Pity it’s for the wrong reason.

Topic #45781 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this had the afl, netball, wrestling boxing or other sports it would have all been positive, I could see all the afl guys out there saying how good it was.

In saying that great to have basketball in the media no matter what the reason. Keep the good work going LK. :::))))

Reply #757836 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Plus imagine if the Philippines-36ers series flares up again this weekend.

Reply #757837 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Any publicity is good publicity!

At least I hope it is.

Reply #757839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

have to say, its something that won't cause any heads to roll.

I remember when Netball got the scoring wrong on the bench sheets during the televised Netball national grand final.

When the "losing" team complained later in the week that they had actually scored more points than the ""winner" and was told to B*&%^&^%%$er off - when the "loser" won their court case, they got awarded the game, but neither the championship nor the cup.

no one remembers , BA won't care, even the ACCC won't be able to do much , as the promoters will just fold the company and go bankrupt. BAS will saw - its all their fault...

Reply #757846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ BA will say

Reply #757847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is asking for heads to roll, just refunds.

Reply #757848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they issue enough refunds, it becomes serious enough that heads would have to roll. So you can't have one without the other.

That said it's typical BA arrogance. "We're in charge of basketball in this country and if you're not happy about everything we do you must be a hater." Same attitude you get from most state bodies. The talent and interest exist for Aussie basketball to be amazing, but at an admin level it's sorely lacking.

Reply #757850 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

as the promoters will just fold the company and go bankrupt
I'm usually as cynical as any, but these promoters are major players - biggest ticketing company in the country, it seems. I don't think the refunds will kill them, assuming most people in the upper tiers coped and don't complain en masse.

Reply #757855 | Report this post

chinagglazer  
Years ago

world best basketball team

Reply #757858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not only bball aus is trending the episode of overtime on YouTube views and comments are adding up real fast

Reply #757897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #757925 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754