Anonymous
Years ago

Overtime episode going viral in the USA

Off-Season NBL Overtime - LaMelo Ball and RJ Hampton Edition Has over 80000 views in two days, hundreds of comments and the NBL YouTube channel follows are going up fast and now the boomers get the W over the USA . NBL already has more people following in the USA than Australia.

How big can the NBL get in the USA?

How big can the NBL get in Australia?

Topic #45789 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'll die off, limited time only.

Reply #758143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL might get LaBron James jr in year or two.

Reply #758145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No they won't.
By then High school kids will be able to go straight to g league. Prove themselves over a year and then get drafted.

Reply #758146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so of all the great things that the NBL puts out, one of the most awkward, cringe-worthy, borderline unwatcheable media items is the one that goes viral? makes sense..

Reply #758147 | Report this post

Hroz  
Years ago

The whole thing was cringe worthy that's why it's popular

Reply #758151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL didn't know it was getting Lamelo a year ago things can change in the NBA but the NBL can change to, like draft pick next stars.
Overtime will get lots of views this year and I bet James jr is watching amongst others

Reply #758153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How will this help the NBL?
Only basketball fans would even know this show even exists.

Reply #758158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #758174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you heard of a thing called sponsorship?
100k views

Reply #758176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will the nbl now make a genuine effort to make Overtime watchable?

Reply #758178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only basketball fans would even know this show even exists.

Arrr what ? I'm a fan of a lot of different sports and I know about it. Do you enjoy other sports?

LaMelo has a big reach young kids love him the more fans he brings in to the NBL the more people will see overtime it’s already happening. All the social media sites to do with the NBL are going up in numbers. I’ve been waiting for this day for 30 years yahoo:)

Reply #758179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not about overtime it’s about the NBL getting some well deserved recognition for what it has become over 40 years of competition. We all should try and be positive about this it’s a big moment in the history of the NBL

Reply #758181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The show has to improve for sure. They should always have a guest player, coach, staff, hall of famed/legends etc.
Like thenbl1 part. Genuine highlights and analysis also needed.

Reply #758182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^yep

Reply #758185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL YouTube channel has gone from 11k to 12k over night

Reply #758186 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

James Ennis won a ring for Perth, loved it here, and went on to an NBA career.
Yet prior to being approached, he knew nothing about the NBL.

We wouldn't have LaMelo or Hampton without the improved exposure the league has been getting, and they in turn are taking it to the next level. This in turns means more people, and more important people monitoring our league, seeing the quality. If they were to go in the lottery, can you imagine how huge that would be for us?
I don't know if it was even an option, but LaMelo's dad said he didn't want him in the G-League.
Plus, the crazy thing is that "Australia" probably seems like an "exotic" destination to most young guys. (Not realising how similar it is to back home.)

The other thing, is that if you're looking to sell our product to an American Sports network as filler, it is a very valuable market.

So any publicity is good.

Reply #758202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^yep

Reply #758223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

80,000 views isn't viral. Maybe 80 million views

Reply #758228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

80,000 views isn't viral. Maybe 80 million views

It is for the NBL and Australia try and be positive and not so negative it's a good thing

Reply #758229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

125k views
3.1k likes
430 comments
2 days
Give it time it will be a lot more in a few days

Reply #758231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definition of going viral

As a marketer, community manager, or social media user, you probably have a pre-existing idea of what "going viral" means. According to Urban Dictionary, something that “goes viral” is an image, video, or link that spreads rapidly through a population by being frequently shared with a number of individuals.

Reply #758235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #758277 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Geez, some of you blokes are hard to please. Previous average views on the channel was about 1.5K, with a low of 500-odd. If you don't think that 150K views gets sponsors attention from both the US and Aus then I really don't know what to say to you.

Reply #758302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

150k is nothing unless it's for every video.

Reply #758304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

150k is nothing unless it's for every video.

What are you taking the piss ?

Reply #758307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

500 comments

And the happy birthday melo from the NBL video is up to 30k views and it's stll a month away from the start of season.

Reply #758325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #758391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

happy birthday melo from the NBL video is up to 42k

Reply #758392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

200k views
4.2k likes
545 comments
5 days

Reply #758467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

200k still isn't going viral. Missing the point.

Reply #758754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most episodes get 1k or less. This one is up to 220k now. That is amazing.

Reply #758756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still not viral. Ffs

Reply #758839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have to laugh when someone says 200k isn't viral. Clearly who ever thinks that knows nothing about what viral is on Youtube. Great yes, amazing no.

Reply #758853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still not viral. Ffs

How do you define viral ? Why are you being so negative?

Here is the definition of viral

Definition of going viral

As a marketer, community manager, or social media user, you probably have a pre-existing idea of what "going viral" means. According to Urban Dictionary, something that "goes viral" is an image, video, or link that spreads rapidly through a population by being frequently shared with a number of individuals.

Nothing about how many views it's had

And it’s now had 227k views plus the latest overtime video is going up nicely and so is the NBL YouTube substitution everything looks positive to me.

Reply #758888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

according to your google research everything is viral. Saying something isn't viral is not being negative, it's simply stating a fact. Nothing rapidly got shared here.

Reply #758896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds like you've probably watched it 225k times considering how many times you've gone back on youtube and updated us all on a small view count

Reply #758897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

according to your google research everything is viral. Saying something isn't viral is not being negative, it's simply stating a fact. Nothing rapidly got shared here.

Your very negative towards this subject. To have something viewed 223k times in 5 days is a massive amount and had to be shared multiple times to get to that number as well as the happy birthday melo video with 82k views the blitz video has over 1k and the new overtime video has over 2.8k views plus all of the videos are still going up constantly as well as the NBL YouTube subscribers . All positive stuff I'm beginning to think your just an angry troll

Reply #758914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sounds like you've probably watched it 225k times considering how many times you've gone back on youtube and updated us all on a small view count

Do you know how YouTube works? I don't have to watch the videos to see how many views it’s had try and keep up mate . And this is the biggest moment in NBL history don’t you want to be updated on that?
223k views is a big number I’d like to see you get anywhere near that on a YouTube video good luck lol your showing everyone here that your a negative troll , go back to your bridge troll

Reply #758917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

228k now. it is still viraling :)

Reply #758918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have had multiple videos go 1 million plus. But have yet to get a video to go "viral". Enjoy throwing out the stats. Are you the NBL social media manager?

Reply #758925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have had multiple videos go 1 million plus. But have yet to get a video to go "viral". Enjoy throwing out the stats. Are you the NHave had multiple videos go 1 million plus. But have yet to get a video to go "viral". Enjoy throwing out the stats. Are you the NBL social media manager?BL social media manager?

Have you now ????????
Well you sound like the expert maybe you should do all the NBL videos from now on.
No I'm not the NBL social media manager
I just love the sport of basketball and the NBL and would like to see it grow I’m definitely not here to put shit on it and everyone here

Reply #758927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wikipedia definition of a YouTube viral video

A viral video is a video that becomes popular through a viral process of Internet sharing, typically through video sharing websites such as YouTube as well as social media and email. Viral videos may be serious, and some are deeply emotional, but many more are centered on entertainment and humorous content.

Still no figures

Reply #758928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#925 you probably work for the afl, they don't like competition from basketball.

Reply #758934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a google photo that has 1mill+ likes. That is not viral.
Same applies to this example. Lots of people like it. If that was the case I am sure TV would pick it up. Wait a sec, they haven't.

Reply #758963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does basketball compete with AFL at all in Australia?

Reply #758965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of us realise the world is bigger than just Australia.

Reply #758967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done champ. Question still stands. Doubt the AFL is too worried about a competition constantly on the brink of folding.

Reply #758969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are you talking about the afl?
I'm talking about the NBL

Reply #758974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to hear someone is.

Reply #758976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't go viral

Reply #758980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

229k and still going viral

Reply #758996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1k views in 1 day. Yeah that's still going viral. Stick to your day job

Reply #759021 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

NBL will fall back into oblivion because its not a football code, its really a tall mans game whereas AFL and Rugby take all sorts of shapes and sizes and are contact sports which us Aussies want.

Reply #759024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^look he's back trolly Mctrollface the negative angry troll how’s you day going mate ? Good to see your keeping up on the NBL video going viral still. It’s doing well good to see the NBL social media is starting to pick up. More people = more $$$$ = a bigger and better NBL

Reply #759026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL will fall back into oblivion because its not a football code, its really a tall mans game whereas AFL and Rugby take all sorts of shapes and sizes and are contact sports which us Aussies want.

Yeah you make some valid points I think the NBL needs to focus on the young and grassroots to get more fans with melo and rj some older NBL fans seem to be a bit out off by the melo fad . I see a lot more parents not wanting their kids playing afl or NRL so it's a good area for the NBL to start. The NBL is also saying they are going to expand into Asia with up to 4 teams along with a new team in Sydney and Melbourne so maybe it might just keep getting bigger

Reply #759027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Name me anyone playing either rugby codes that is shorter than 6ft and ways less than 100 kilos. The afl has a few under 6ft and they are in the very minority. An average afl list height is around 6ft 2", 188cm and weight is also averaging around 90 kilos, these sizes certainly don't fit the average joe blow.
You can hate on basketball all you like but your lies will be picked up.

Reply #759030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Caleb Daniel is an excellent AFL player and is 168cm. How many NBL starters are that height? Bench players? DPs? Coaches??

Reply #759031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The NBL is also saying they are going to expand into Asia with up to 4 teams along with a new team in Sydney and Melbourne so maybe it might just keep getting bigger"

Current amount of teams is unsustainable lol this will never happen

Reply #759032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have named one afl player, where are the rugby players?

Reply #759033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaiah Thomas is in the nba at 175cm.

Reply #759034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't follow rugby and I don't agree that it includes all shapes and sizes anyway. AFL is way more diverse than rugby when it comes to physique.

Reply #759035 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The notion that anyone can play any pro sport without being a genetic freak in some way is absurd.

Reply #759050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol

Reply #759092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This one anon backing up this viral statement is a complete retard

Reply #759183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #759471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less than 0.0001% of the world saw it. Not viral

Reply #759796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shocking maths #759796. Actually about 0.003% of the world has seen it. i.e. viral.

Reply #759806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

234k it will reach 1milli +

Reply #760112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less than 0.0001% of the world saw it. Not viral

Lol are you still coming in to this thread trying to disprove it. It's on the way to over a million views give it some time. It’s a awesome thing for the NBL you should try and embrace change and enjoy the ride.

Reply #760116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This NBL YouTube video has had way more views than the highest viewed videos on the afl and NRL YouTube channels by over a hundred thousand and the subscriber count is going up constantly. Just this one video has changed the NBL forever

Reply #760118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CHanged the NBL eva. #bullshit

Reply #760123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^#negitiveangrytrollisback
#iminyourhead #rentfree

Reply #760487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

235k and counting

Reply #760489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #760615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #760630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still millions away from being viral

Reply #760910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

238k and still going strong

Reply #760962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still yet to spread rapidly. Not viral. This one anon has watched it 238k times to check the views

Reply #760972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your back again?How are you going today troll?
#livinginyourhead #rentfree
#feelsorryforyou #cantkeepawayfromthisthread #lol
#melofactor #ilovenbldoyou
#micdrop #piece #out

Reply #761018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you just used hashtags on a forum no wonder you don't understand what Viral is. Go get your news from the local paper tomorrow flog

Reply #761129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

239k on its way to a milli +

Reply #761285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^hi troll how's your day? Do you like apples?
By the way this is yours

CHanged the NBL eva. #bullshit

Is that a hashtag I see? ^
Have you been reading news papers?

How do you like them apples troll?

Reply #761369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

240k still getting plenty of shares

Reply #761430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #761944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's going to take a year to get to 1mill. That is a snails pace to being viral. Someone please lock this thread.

Reply #761956 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The only NBL video that may go viral is if Ball Sr. cuts sick into Matt Flinn.

Reply #761959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lock this thread indeed. it's not viral and this one anon is watching it 500 times a day just so he can contribute to the non-viral exposure

Reply #762069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol hi troll looks viral to me and now a lot more melo videos are going viral too . His latest highlights on Twitter has 468k views in 9 hours must be some rapid sharing going on.

How's your form pretending your two different anons lol nice try troll

Reply #763021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You keep saying this word "viral" and I don't think it means what you think it means

Reply #763042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

939k what's that mean troll?

Reply #763053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here you go troll

Definition of going viral. From the Urban Dictionary

As a marketer, community manager, or social media user, you probably have a pre-existing idea of what "going viral" means. According to Urban Dictionary, something that "goes viral" is an image, video, or link that spreads rapidly through a population by being frequently shared with a number of individuals.

And if your still not getting it

Wikipedia definition of a YouTube viral video

A viral video is a video that becomes popular through a viral process of Internet sharing, typically through video sharing websites such as YouTube as well as social media and email. Viral videos may be serious, and some are deeply emotional, but many more are centered on entertainment and humorous content.

Still no figures

Reply #763055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Twitter video has 976k in 17h

The melo and RJ overtime video on YouTube has 244k views 686 comments 4.7k likes in 3 weeks

The NBL YouTube subscribers is 15.5k up from 11k 3weeks ago and constantly climbing

NBL Twitter page is at 57.2k follows up from 53k in 3 weeks

Melb United v hawks game video on YouTube is at 22k in 2 days with 355 likes and 40 comments plus Melos highlight video for this game has 40k views

Sem v hawks game video has 51k in 17h with 651 likes

Reply #763060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #763330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this idiot thinks there's just one anon disagreeing with him. whatever helps you sleep at night. Disagreeing with a stupid statement isn't being a troll. We've learnt you have no idea of what viral is and trolls are.

Reply #763461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#LivingInYourHead #RentFree
#TrollBait

Reply #763490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hashtags don't work on this forum Troll. Do you internet?

Reply #763588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Angermanagementneeded

Reply #763590 | Report this post

USBBallFan  
Years ago

Howdy dudes. I was just googling #melofactor and I got this thread high up in the results. Thanks to you guys I found the Melo Overtime episode on Youtube. That's quite a lil web show you got there. It would have been even more handy dandy if you had posted the URL in the thread. Anyways thanks a bunch I'll be sure to keep checking it out. I guess you could say I've caught the virus too.
#thanks #smellyalater

Reply #763599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^all good mate glad I could help :) enjoy the #melofactor in the NBL this season

Reply #763609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon just made a fake account to pretend someone else is supportive of this thread. Hashtags dead giveaway

Reply #763628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^

1. Karma works in funny ways and I just pmsl
2. That guy is legit nothing to do with me. Just for fun you should google #melofactor see what comes up you will be surprised
3. I'd don’t like seeing people suffer I think you need this:

From google

Beyond Blue | Experiencing Depression?
Achieve Good Mental Health. Get Support To Recover From Depression. Signs And Symptoms. K10 Checklist. Recovery & Support. Know The Signs. Start The Conversation.

Reply #763756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #763757 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

^^^^

"When the going get weird, the weird turn pro"

(Dr Hunter S. Thompson)

Reply #763763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

249k views 700 comments

Reply #763859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #764119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even more than 250K now fuckers.

Reply #764120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #764348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a point? And? Who cares? NO ONE

Reply #764349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone ban this guys IP. 250K is not viral GTFO and stop updating us everyday. You've watched it 250K times yourself to find the view count

Reply #764350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #764646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #764692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #764836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

255k One thousand new views per day not to bad.

Reply #765001 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I live for these viewer number updates.

Reply #765002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #765004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why I do it Perthworld

Reply #765010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

255,003. That's viral

Reply #765030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #765110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn, a thousand views every couple of days. Absolutely mental numbers.

Reply #765131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this anon lives a sad life. Dude is really watching and refreshing a youtube video 500 times a day to increase numbers and report back to us all

Reply #765138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ leads a similar life to Perthworld except he posts on hoops several times a week.

Reply #765139 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Nostraballmus says imagine the hits once Nostraballmus' segment goes live

Reply #765140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Someone ban this annoying flog, please! I'll make a site donation.

Reply #765146 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Nostraballmus is amused by Anons of calling for his banning

Nostraballmus should be allowed to stay cause he's the fourth best poster here and we are happy with 4th despite him having the talent to win a medal but choking repeatedly

Reply #765168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4th best poster Nostralballmus.
What idiots make up the top 3?

Reply #765170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

257k averaging 1000 views per day

Reply #765278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

averaging 1000 views a day. so like 10 million per day of going viral

Reply #765365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

waiting for this pleb to update us on views after his auto page refresher chrome extension has done it's task for the day

Reply #765458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #765524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #765661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #765969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get a life. get a job ^^^

Reply #767023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #767186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

checking back in and nice to see this still never went close to going viral. #NotViral

Reply #768518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #769651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

still not viral

Reply #770771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #773630 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754