Anonymous
Years ago

Could Mills be our flag bearer for the Olympics?

Loves his country, loves the boomers, proud indigenous man. Plays his heart out every time he plays for the boomers and has been huge for us for more than a decade. Great role model and every aussie loves him.

I also feel like there is going to be a lot interest and hype around the boomers heading into Tokyo from the media and casual sports/basketball fans so a basketballer could be a good choice.

I think he's a genuine contender to carry the flag for Australia next year at the opening ceremony.

Topic #45791 | Report this topic

Steven  
Years ago

Would be my pick of basketballers.
A good choice overall will have to see which other athletes are considered.

Reply #758197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a lock
If we do ok at Worlds

Reply #758198 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Even an nba role player like mills makes a huge difference to the boomers. Without mills, ingles, Bogut we would have lost to the USA. It is a joke that lemanis has been ignoring nba players.

Reply #758200 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Even an nba role player like mills makes a huge difference to the boomers. Without mills, ingles, Bogut we would have lost to the USA. It is a joke that lemanis has been ignoring nba players.

Reply #758201 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Hey Dave, So an American team containing 12 NBA players just lost to an Aussie team with Kay, Gliddon, Sobey, Goulding and Creek plus some NBA players.

Being an NBA player doesn't instantly make you a top shelf international basketball player.

Reply #758208 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Having Gaze & Jackson as 2 of the last 5 flag bearers probably hurts the chances of another basketballer, but he'd be a great choice.

Reply #758210 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

Give it a rest Dave or whatever name your using this time, it's getting boring!

Reply #758211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's truly a great Australian, and obviously a superb ambassador and leader of the ATSI communities. Would be awesome to see him hold the flag.

Reply #758212 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Steven, how many games would the boomers win at the World cup without our nba role players ? my guess is zero.

Reply #758214 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

The aussies beat team USA because of Mills, delly, bogut, baynes and ingles. The nbl guys had very minimal impact

Reply #758215 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The fact remains an American team still lost to a team with NBL players and NBA role players.
Get over it.

Reply #758217 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Steven, you are deluded if believe the nbl guys are the ones that made the difference in game 2. How would an all nbl team fare against this USA team ? ( bogut, creek not included, they are nba level players )
My guess is they would easily lose by 30, 40 points.

Reply #758220 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

You're an idiot Dave I think we both agree on that.
Not worth discussing this any further.

Reply #758221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Steven you're 100% right on Dave or what ever aliases he comes up with.

Re Mills be a great idea.

Reply #758226 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It should be Mills no doubt. If the AOC waiver in their decision we could hit them with the "that's racist!" card to lock him in.

Reply #758230 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Not if the 7 Network have the rights and influence. We would be lucky to get 5 minutes of game highlights for the whole games as they focus on any negatives.

Reply #758232 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

No argument from me. Absolute legend.

Reply #758366 | Report this post

Dave X  
Years ago

Dave you're a flog

Mills is a legend

Reply #758459 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Mills would be a brilliant choice I think and I'd say he's as god a chance as anyone.

Sally Pearson would have been a virtual lock had she been able to make it there, but now that she's retired its fairly open I would say.

Potentially a swimmer, like Cate Campbell. If she goes this would be her 4th and she's a gold medallist.

Jarred Tallent maybe. 1 Gold and 1 Silver. Being flag bearer may make up for the fact he didn't get his gold podium moment in 2012. Not sure if he's still active at all.

Reply #758489 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754