D2.0
Years ago

Why isn't MOTUM in the WC team?

Granted, turning him around in time for the exhibition games may have been fatiguing...

But I can't believe we're going with old-man Barlow and his buggered back over Motum.

I love Kay, and over the past year he's been in the form of his life, but I am concerned with our lack of size, especially if B1 or B2 gets injured or n foul trouble.

Ok, so we know Kay shone in the selection camp, but is there something else behind Motum's non-selection?
Did he spit the dummy at playing 2nd fiddle to Landale?

Topic #45793 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better question would be..

Why aren't simmons and bolden here?

Reply #758204 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

anon, nba commitments

Reply #758205 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Correction pickup ball commitments

Reply #758206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would have declined the offer or been unavailable to play any more.

They would have 100% gone to him first before then needing to go to Barlow after being turned down.

Reply #758209 | Report this post

scopes44  
Years ago

Was the reason he had already reported to his team in europe (Valencia?) and wouldn't be able to return? Thought I read that somewhere.
Hence not available.

Reply #758213 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Availability issues Dazz.
Bolden's decision didn't make things easy given such short notice.

Reply #758216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bolden and Simmons both premadonnas. Will not make the team unless they find some Aussie humbleness and passion to put on the jersey.

Reply #758222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disappointing that coach would select a NBL 4 over an European 4.

Reply #758224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that Ray Borner allegedly said on radio to day that the guys, who played in the USA games were selected because they " wanted " to play for Australia ;

kind of suggesting that neither Simmons nor Bolden really " wanted " to play for Australia but they " wanted " to put themselves first. Is that a potential fault-line in the boomers squad going forward?

Reply #758233 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"Disappointing that coach would select a NBL 4 over an European 4."

Apparently all professional teams have set up a system whereby players form an exact hierarchy such that all NBA players are better than all European players that are all better than all NBL players. It doesn't matter about potential, roles or team balance, this is always a perfect and predictable arrangement. Apparently NBA teams never recruit based on potential.

This is called the 'Dave Law'. Also known as the 'Makur Law'. And the 'anon Law'. Sometimes it is called the Dave Law, and when we want the law to seem more popular, we sometimes give the law another name.

So players like Humphries and Adel are currently superior to all other non-NBA Australian players. How were they not selected? We always need to select our best players, regardless of team balance, and then let the coach adapt. If our top 12 players are all centres, so be it, the coach has to invent a new style of tall-ball. And don't get me started on Barlow's selection. The Boomers have an NBL1 player on the team now! Barlow went from an NBL player a few months ago, then suddenly regressed into an NBL1 player recently.

Do you wonder how we can explain NBL players who have NBA experience or European experience? It's simple: they are all regressed in ability. An NBA team selected them in their youth, and then they suddenly became inferior players, ending up in an inferior league. All these young guys with NBA experience peaked too young.

Reply #758234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better question would be..

Why aren't simmons and bolden here?

Yep

Reply #758238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lemawent with Kay for defense instead of Motum for offence, he was training with them at MSAC.

Reply #758243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmm - I didn't know that Bolden and Simmons both premadonnas, will they be any better when they are PostMadonnas ?

Reply #758289 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Lemawent with Kay for defense instead of Motum for offence"

I don't mind the selection of Kay, its oldman Barlow that worries me

Reply #758290 | Report this post

Hroz  
Years ago

Well he didn't make the top 5 bigs in training camp

Baynes Bogut Landale Bolden Kay beat him out

Then when Bolden pulled out Motum hada made commitments to his team and understably couldn't drop everything.

Reply #758313 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

So he told his team that he didn't make the WC, and would be rocking up to training?

Well yes, obviously that precludes his possible recall.

Clearly since Barlow was never in contention to begin with, he never told his team he didn't make it, and that's why he was available.

Reply #759310 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Right, definitely had nothing to do with Barlow actually being in the country.

Reply #759314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754