West Adelaide Premier League Women: Head Coach Applications
Head Coach - Premier League Women's Program
The West Adelaide Bearcats Basketball Club is seeking applications for the role of Head Coach of our Premier League Women's program. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in one of South Australia’s most successful basketball clubs.
The club is a foundation member of Basketball SA and competes in the Premier League, South Australia’s elite basketball competition. West Adelaide has a proud history of success at both junior and senior levels, with many players representing state and country. More information about the club is available at www.westbearcats.net
In addition to the role of Head Coach of the Premier League Women’s team, the successful applicant will also oversee the Premier League Women Reserves and linkages with the Senior Women and Youth League Women’s programs, ensuring integration with the Premier League program and a defined pathway from junior to senior programs. The successful applicant will display a willingness to learn, develop and work with others.
Desired (but not mandatory) skills and qualifications include:
• Level 2 coaching accreditation
• Experience coaching at an elite Level
• Experience in scouting opposition teams
• High level understanding of video editing software (preferably HUDL)
• High level communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven results in player development
• Be the game-day Head Coach of the Club’s Premier League Women’s team
• In conjunction with the Club appoint Premier League Assistant Coaches and other personnel within the Women’s pathway and oversee their activities and development
• Retain, recruit and engage, in conjunction and agreement with the Club, Premier League players
• Establish and implement a suitable training and fitness program for Women’s Premier League basketball
• Scout opposition Premier League teams and review games in a thorough and constructive manner
• In conjunction with the Club design and oversee the Club’s pathway from Junior Girls District basketball to the Premier League
Women’s Program (including the best use of intermediate competitions), ensuring linkages which maximise ongoing development of players
• Encourage a culture of engagement and interaction between Senior and Junior programs
• Management of the Senior Program within budget as agreed with the Executive Committee
• Report to the Club Executive or its designated representatives as required
The successful applicant must hold a current working with children clearance or apply for one immediately upon being offered the role. Any offer is subject to receiving this clearance will be required prior to the official commencement date.
Remuneration to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please send all applications via email to Club Secretary, Sue Porter at: [email protected]
Applications close 5pm, Friday 13 September 2019