Anonymous
Years ago

South Adelaide Panthers new stadium?

Is there any development in the Panthers new stadium development,i suggest they move into the closed down woolworths at harbor town,& convert it into a basketball center.Lots of courts,plenty of parking,in the recruitment area.

Topic #45815 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can't even select decent coaches for any of their teams, how do you expect that committee to get a new stadium

Reply #758688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant see BSA or Marion council putting in a new 2 court floor @ $300,000 plus then moving to a new complex? Doesn't seem smart but then BSA aren't exactly known for kicking goals in these areas.

Reply #758690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's wrong with the old one???

Reply #758716 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

Given the floors have been re-done there is no way they move for a while (which is a shame).
They should have grabbed the old Masters site next to Ikea. That would have been perfect.

Reply #758719 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

whilst both of those venues would be great - it's too far into Forestville's area - I know there are no boundaries or zones. Marion / Seaview Downs way is ok spot.

Reply #758721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Victoria has...

Reply #758723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've been getting a new stadium for the last 25 years. Never happens. Every now and then there is some sabre rattling, but never happens. And yes, with a new floor, they aren't going anywhere soon. West in same boat.

Reply #758751 | Report this post

South  
Years ago

South IS getting a new stadium.

The Marion council has offered $10 million whilst the federal government has offered $5 million. So they finally have the funding and commitment to get it done. I imagine they are in the planning stage now.

The location will be at Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club. The Mayor of Marion Kris Hanna said it will take about 3 years to be completed (He said that about half a year ago). I believe it will be 4 courts and the existing 2 courts will be used after completion.

Reply #758762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard it ALL before.

Reply #758771 | Report this post

South  
Years ago

There was no funding before

Reply #758772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south been getting a new stadium since i played, 30 years ago

Reply #758903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:37 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754