Leighton
Years ago

RJ and LaMelo on Overtime

Recent interview with RJ and LaMelo on Overtime

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yh3dPUwypmI

Posted a week ago and already almost most played NBL upload.

The interview itself seemed strange, like they were being told off for supposedly not being ready to play at NBL level. They didn't appear fussed, but was a little uncomfortable to watch.

Topic #45817 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/45789-overtime-episode-going-viral-in-the-usa/

Reply #758732 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Great hype the league is getting from the casual pop culture type people but these two are going to be bench warmers at best.

Can;t see either hanging around long after they realize they'll be lucky to see the court!

Reply #758737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're not serious? Both are projected lottery picks, they will be playing significant minutes.

Reply #758740 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Uncomfortable, yes. But they have a point. These kids say all the right things like "oh we know this is a tough league" but they seem to think they can come here and make a mark without doing any research. It's fine though. Both are playing the toughest position in the league. When Caspar Ware locks them down they'll soon start learning.

Reply #758741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When Caspar Ware locks them down they'll soon start learning."

Didn't Melo drop something like 25 points (almost all in the second half) on Casper in a drew league game a couple of weeks ago? Lol

Reply #758745 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"When Caspar Ware locks them down they'll soon start learning."

Damian Martin: Hold my beer...

Reply #758747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damian Martin shouldn't be drinking alcohol anyway while he is rehabbing one of his many injuries

Reply #758755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so 5'10" Casper locking down a 6'6" Melo. Hmmmm

Reply #758757 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Oh I guess height is everything now. Caspar is significantly stronger than Melo, so I give Melo very little chance of getting the kinds of shots he likes up against him or establishing post position on him. Ask Russell Westbrook all about that.

Reply #758758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball insiders all know that the Drew League is the place to find defensive stoppers...

Reply #758764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's got to get to his spots in order to utilise that height advantage. It's dribbling and quickness in the backcourt. Damo and Casper are going to be like pitbulls if he shows any fear.

Reply #758766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very cringeworthy interview

Reply #758774 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

RJ is insanely athletic. I didn't realise how athletic he was until I got a chance to see him workout in person. Wow.

There was also a few videos posted on IG of him absolutely destroying Terry Li in 1 on 1 drills.

Reply #758775 | Report this post

Leighton  
Years ago

Thanks Perthworld, forgot about the other thread.

Expectations vs actual minutes will be interesting to see play out.

Personally I think they'll hold their own and will compete for increased minutes as season goes on. Perhaps 15+ early on, then more mins as they play well. I don’t see either sitting games out on the bench as 10-12th man.

Reply #758777 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Terry Li is a development player in the NBL, RJ is a lock to be an NBA draft pick. You'd think there'd be no surprises he showed him up.

Reply #758786 | Report this post

Caption Peacock  
Years ago

I think Hampton will be better than Ball.

Reply #758787 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

I think Hampton will be better than Ball

I'm leaning towards that too.

Ball is flashy but RJ is super athletic, has very high bball iq and has a real feel for the game which is always refreshing to watch

Reply #758845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754