do australian universities offer basketball scholarships?

Hey guys,

My name is Rithvik Thammareddy. I am a 18-year-old basketball player from Hyderabad, India. I am finishing up with my highschool here , and just wanted to ask you guys if there are any legitimate australian universities that offer basketball scholarships to undergrad students.

Any answers would help.

Cheers.

Topic #45832 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Short answer, no.
Basketball is not played collegiately in Australia.

Reply #759280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

India? Legitimate? Ugh.

Reply #759282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Highlights here

https://youtu.be/vtdr1_O5G0g

Reply #759290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't want to hear people complain about their home stadium needing an upgrade down under anymore.

Reply #759291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, South Adelaide Panthers new 2020 import. Coach Petty is excited to welcome Rithvik Thammareddy. "Rithvik is a step up in talent from Dakota Zinser from last season and opens the door with the growing market in India. Sponsorship is extremely important this yeas as we have to pay for a new pool for recruit Sam Johns."

Reply #759296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australian Universities all differ on the sporting scholarships they have. Most do take part in the Elite Athlete Pathway program, but this gives access to preferred timetables and extensions etc

It would be best to look at the Sport Scholarships via the University website. I doubt any would cover full tuition and living costs.

Reply #759343 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Coming to a mid week B grade comp near you!

Reply #759356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As if Sam Johns would go to south, he would end up being player coach

Reply #759363 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Dude is going to struggle to make a domestic team rotation sorry champ

Reply #759365 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

The nerve of this scrub to say he'll only go to a "legitimate" university! Delusional

Reply #759366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can go to one of those hecs funded crap joints that was started! Aus college of bball here we come!

Reply #759369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to sound like Philo supporters you absolute hillbillies

Reply #759399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Judging by highlights id say youre no higher than an avg u23s div2 level, even if unis had scholarships your chances arent good pal

Reply #759422 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Your highlights video suggests you are a 50% free throw shooter. Incidentally, Australia's two most accomplished NBA players are only slightly above that mark.

Reply #759464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australian Universities have NOTHING to do with Australian Basketball , apart from a handful of irrelevant second rate player that are chasing some kind of glory, APART from sponsoring teams to coax DIMWITS into thinking they are involved in Sport. E.G. Failed Marketing ploy's by School's with cash strapped poorly managed WNBL clubs.

Reply #759490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just watched the highlights...
Is this guy kidding? You can see the standard of competition he's playing in is extremely low.
No offence, but he would struggle to get a game in some social leagues here let along a college gig (in the US).

Reply #759499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The answer is no. Ignore all the trolls and fuckwits here.

Reply #759500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rithvik Thammareddy,

Ignore people being rude here. I think it's great that you've taken the initiative to ask.

Australian universities have nothing to do with our basketball pathways so the answer is no.

While the sport is growing in India, the coaching standards of the sport need to lift so that athletes like yourself are at skill level sufficient to compete internationally. If you are passionate about the game I would recomend you consider turning to coaching.

Reply #759507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754