Lol,Lucas walker

Reply #759375 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Mr Skywalker!!

Reply #759376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do they have to sign a player, they got that nba guy as first star. Might wait and see what season brings plus there coach is on boomers duty

Reply #759377 | Report this post

Bagman  
Years ago

That's Australian Boomer Lucas Walker to you

Reply #759378 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

At 34 nearly 35 he will fit in well with Bogut ( same age), Kickert 36, Lisch 33, Newley 34.

Keeping a spare import spot available is a smart move too.

Reply #759383 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Sigh... well, in all honesty, I'd prefer that he start over Kicks, but they're putting a lot of faith in Bogues staying healthy and the new kid and Kickert to match up for maybe 20mpg at the 5 this season...

Nothing against Waxy, he works hard even when he's not always getting results, and that's more than I can say about Kickert, but the last couple of signings haven't made a whole load of sense to me...

Reply #759385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They now have Walker, Kickert and Moller, so have the 4 spot covered well enough with a variety of players. Roster looking good.

Reply #759390 | Report this post

Cat Fontroller  
Years ago

Ahhh, the NBL, where your never too old, too far past your prime, just plain over the hill...

Reply #759391 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Melbourne United/Tigers - check
Adelaide - check
Brisbane - pre season - check
Perth - check
Cairns - check
Sydney - check

All he needs now is to get his tour card stamped by the Breakers, SE Melbourne and Wollongong so he can make a play for the Hobart team

Reply #759392 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Good on him happy for Waxy wasn't a fan of him on the 36ers but it would've been a bit sad to see his career finish 'early' whilst he's still athletic and a decent contributor.

This Kings team will run out of puff down the stretch too many oldies being relied upon.

Reply #759408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see Kickett getting much time If any, been injured since the nznbl season started. I’d prefer Moller to start in the four but initially I think they will go undersized with Tate and see how he goes defensively there.

Ware-Bruce- Lisch
Lisch-Didi-Kauny
Newley-Didi- Moller
Tate-Moller
Bogut-Hunter-Walker
Kickett

Walker, Kauny and Kickett to see little court time, not certain on Bruce getting a lot either. Kings to play with eight imo.

Reply #759411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware / Bruce / DP
Lisch / Louzada / DP
Newley / Tate / Kuany
Kickert / Moller / Walker
Bogut / Hunter / DP

Reply #759415 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

LOL, WTF?
I thought this was joke!

I guess its pretty simple, they're STILL paying way too much for Kickert.

So their 5-4-5 is:
Hunter
Bruce
Moller
Kuany
Walker

There's a few interesting lineups this season, and it will be interesting to see how they actually take to the court.
The Cats won a ship with one guard on the bench and Hire backing up the 2, so not every bench has to mirror the starting line-up. Especially when it comes to locals, sometimes you make do with what you can get.

I still find the selection of Tate to be curious.

Remains to be seen how good Hunter is. Cos yes, they are betting a lot on Bogut staying healthy and playing big minutes, Hunter backing him up, and Kickert starting at the 4

Reply #759416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickett to old and slow in this league to play the 4, not good rebounder and only good at jump shots.

Reply #759428 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Great to have Lucas Walker & Finn Delany in the league!

Reply #759433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think next year the Kings are going to be stuffed with the possibility of three or more players retiring at once

Kickert Newley Walker

does anyone no how are the DP

Reply #759443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley signed a two year contract, Kickett gone for certain and Walker also you would think.

Reply #759462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware/Bruce
Lisch/Louzada
Newley/Moller/Kuany
Tate/Walker
Bogut/Kickert/Hunter

I see Tate starting at the 4 - is short but athletic and mobile.

Kickert will play the 5 off the bench. Moller and Walker compliment his weaknesses

Reply #759474 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Kings said sometime ago that they were starting the season with 2 imports and may sign a third one during the season, that Tate will be their starting PF and that Kickert will be their back up centre this season.

Reply #759475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally found a home in Perth where he was a contributor, then I assume he went to cairns for more money. Ultimate journeyman, just enough there to make rosters but not good enough to stick except for Perth. Now he'll play garbage time or if there's injuries. Would rather see a young kid get the opportunity.

Reply #759477 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't think he went to Cairns for more money pretty sure Perth told him he was no longer required.

Reply #759481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tate stats in Belgium were ok but not great, will be interesting to see how it all goes. Moller leaving Melbourne would make you think that he's getting more time or starting. If kings get injuries to Bogut, Lisch it could get ugly. Kickett and Walker seem well past there best but it could all be budget measures.

Reply #759486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the same Lucas Walker that started on the Bench for Nuna apart from when the 3x3 players were away and he wasn't required as a back up 3x3 player?

Reply #759487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tate is as budget as it gets. You'll see. This team isn’t on the level of Perth or Melbourne even with Ware. Key players old as hell and the bench is thin.

Reply #759506 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

The Kings said sometime ago that they were starting the season with 2 imports and may sign a third one during the season, that Tate will be their starting PF and that Kickert will be their back up centre this season.

Just curious, how many crack pipes HAD they smoked when they said that?

Most of their guards are bigger than Tate.
We're not talking about a guy who is an inch or two under, he's 6'4", and will be up against guys who are 6'9.
And their problem is Bogut aint very quick, so if they're relying on Tate to get back on D, they will get hammered.

I can only assume that when Weaver was told Bogut won not only the MVP but DPOTY, he assumed our league was full of physically challenged midgets.

Reply #759527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm, I think Will Weaver knows a lot about the NBL.

Reply #759541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Reality, you brought Finn Delany into the conversation why?

Reply #759569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, bigs, they are going to start Bogut (who is too slow to defend the perimeter) next to Tate (who is too small at 6'4"). What do they do against teams like Adelaide who can start two 6'11" perimeter shooters?

Reply #759578 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"What do they do against teams like Adelaide who can start two 6'11" perimeter shooters?"

Hope they can score 130 and win 130-120

Reply #759580 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

@Zodiac - if you've got where they said this handy, I would love to save it off and throw it at them when things go tits up... Actually, anything tits is good... when things go testicles up... I haven't read every single thing from them, maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen them state that, I would have assumed that they'd be super cagey about it just so they can make excuses down the track...

Re-signing Kickert was the first sign that they're fucked... Barely 9ppg and from memory at a much reduced clip than what he was known for... Has been on a serious decline and lacking any heart muscle most of his career, but last season was a huge dive and he was one of the first ones re-signed? Nope... Casper was a great get, and to re-sign Lisch, even Newls (at I hope a reduced price) but the re-signing of Kickert, especially so early, was a huge black mark on the new management and it will come back to bite them in the arse...

Kickert/Moller/Waxy is HARDLY having the PF spot covered, especially when you have who to back up Bogut for at LEAST 15mpg? Certainly not _aniel Kickert...

Reply #759581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kings obviously don't have the money anymore that JVG stint had. They should make the top four but are behind Melbourne and Perth, Weaver being away before season starts is not ideal either. You would think Bogut would’ve had a bit to do with the selection of the roster and the price tag of Bogut and Ware would be taking a lot so as long as both stay healthy they should be ok, though Bogut has hardly had a break since nbl, nba and World Cup going back to back to back.

Reply #759587 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"The kings obviously don't have the money anymore that JVG stint had"
ROFL
Violet Crumble fans making (nonsense) excuses already.
Kings still easily the highest spending team.

Bogut - Highest paid player in the history of the NBL - by a long way.
Ware - Probably 2nd highest. - Lured from MU even after they made biggest offer in history.
Lynch & Newley - Still on very good coin
Kickert - Obviously still being paid too much
Tate - Would not be cheap
Moller - Lured away from MU.

"Re-signing Kickert was the first sign that they're fucked."

Yes, word of wisdom from the WookieE

As I said right from the start, the issue is the bench-cap (aka "5 for 5")
If they've paid Kickert too much to squeeze him into the cap, then that meant their last player had to fit, and be a cheap option.
That's exactly what happened. ie Walker.

People rubbishing Tate need to remember that he's still young, and has had only one professional gig out of college. He has huge upside.
Weaver would have had an eye on him for years. He COULD turn out to be yet another great import SF.

It will be interesting to see how Weaver actually manages this roster.
On paper it seems very thin at the 4 spot, especially if Kickert has to switch to the 5. Perhaps he sees Tate coming off the bench to dominate other bench 4's with his speed & athleticism.

I think this just appears especially weird, because so many of us said from the outset that Sydney needed a gun import PF. But have to assume Weaver has a plan, and just can't wait to see what it is.

Reply #759903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickett and Walker would be on not much, minimum. Who else would take them? Lisch and Newley on reduced wages as they have settled in Sydney and have young families. Bogut and Ware are on big coin no doubt but Ware would still be on less than what Kennedy was earning at Melbourne last season. Moller went to Sydney to get more time as Melbourne are always stacked and nothing has changed. McCarron,Goulding,Prather, Barlow, al play 3-4, I don't support Sydney so you are making a lot assumptions that aren’t right. Both Perth and Melbourne have spent more than Sydney, don’t forget Bogut salary is part shares.
Yes it will be interesting to see how Weaver puts it all together especially early in season as he is away with boomers.

Reply #759908 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Any coach is an upgrade over gaze. Kings will contend this season just on that one change.

Reply #759912 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Also David Wear leaving is a godsend

Reply #759913 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Kickett would be on not much, minimum"

{cough} Bullshit {cough}
For the umpteenth time; the fact that they had to sign Walker, indicates they already had 6 players who couldn't possibly be squeezed into the cap. Kickert is the only logical result.

"Lisch and Newley on reduced wages as they have settled in Sydney and have young families."

Yeah, cos that's how it works. Good players would never leave for more money, and raising kids in the most expensive city in Australia is the perfect reason for taking a massive pay-cut.

"Ware would still be on less than what Kennedy was earning at Melbourne last season."

Ok, I can see that neither Math nor Logic is your strong-suit, but try and follow me here:
Kennedy played for Melbourne.
Ware was given the biggest offer in Melbourne's history.
Ergo, Ware was offered more than Kennedy.
Sydney offered Ware even more money. From which I think we can safely assume he's getting a lot.

"Moller went to Sydney to get more time as Melbourne are always stacked"

Yes, cos its not like any of these guys are professional athletes. They all play for love and minimum wage.

"Both Perth and Melbourne have spent more than Sydney"

ROFROFL. Sure, you keep telling yourself that.

"don't forget Bogut salary is part shares"

Bogut is getting over $1M per season.

Reply #759960 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Dazz you sure seem interested in what Sydney are spending.
Chill man.

Reply #759971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daz you got no idea. At least the 400g you spent a year on Kay paid dividends. Every one plays for Perth on bottom dollar, I forgot, lol, after Melbourne Perth spent the next highest amount. By the way Kay was your local marquee player.
Just a refresher re Ware to Sydney, Ware was supposed to be Melbourne highest paid player but word came late in season that Kennedy was on double, hence part the reason Melbourne went to shit at seasons end, Ware was not happy. Melbourne did offer him more money but less than Sydney offered and not as much as your wildcats spend on Cotton or White.
You can believe what you want and I'll stick with my contacts every day of the week.

Reply #759975 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Crivelli and his lies being exposed certainly helped us with Utd being poor at season's end. Crivelli, Troy, JvG... NBL GMs lol.

Reply #759995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who played last night in the scrimmage? does anyone no who the centre Jordan hunter was update against looked like a 7footer

Reply #760053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hunter was very good, Newley and Moller on the wings for purple were very good. Lisch in white against Casper in purple was even contest. Kauny did quite well for white. Both sides had fill ins so bit hard to gauge. Tate had tough night though Moller mostly and Newley was marking him, didn't score except for one put back. Walker on white look fit and did well. Bruce was ok for purple as well. Kauny and Walker probably top scored for white, I’d say Newley for purple probably Moller and Ware after that. Hunter took lot boards looking like a great back up to Bogut. Didn’t no names of ring ins some were ok. Purple looked winners all night but it took a Casper three point buzzer winner to win it. A good first hit out with Newley probably the pick for purple and Lisch for white. Loved Mollers defence. Kickett did not play.

Reply #760055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who were the possible DPs

Reply #760057 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Thanks for the review, anon... I've got no doubt that Walker will be a competent backup, (& it's good to hear that Jordan was hitting the boards well) but it's still lacking that starting quality big... Hopefully Tate will find his feet, but he's going to be up against it with his spot pretty crowded and really doubt his ability to play the 4 in the NBL if that's what they were thinking...

Reply #760071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First hit out for Tate, looks an athlete and there will be some highlight dunks and rejections. First hit out but not certain he will complete in the four spot against the Kay, Wesley and taller fours. He didn't want look that long, would think that Kauny had him for height.

Reply #760080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damion Cotter head coach Windy City Bulls, Chicago G league team.

Reply #760640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""Moller went to Sydney to get more time as Melbourne are always stacked"
Yes, cos its not like any of these guys are professional athletes. They all play for love and minimum wage."

Moller went back to his home city. FACT. He also should never have left because of JVG's inablility to sign him quickly.United swooped. FACT.
He's back where he belongs in #9. THats all that matters.

Reply #760643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep and if he plays like he did for Melbourne the year Prather went down injured , Melbourne championship year Sydney will be on a winner.

Reply #760644 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754