Anonymous
Years ago

The Blitz in Tasmania - Sept 19 - 22.

2 weeks to go and there has been ZERO advertising for the Blitz.
The dedicated fans will know about it, but with all NBL games being p layed across the majority of Tasmania others sports fans won't have a clue.

LK gas $300,000 from the Tas Government so how about spending some in the press, TV and across social platforms.
I am tired of hearing people must turn up, it's so important.
Unless the advertise now it will be a failure. Like every other Blitz.

Topic #45852 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you advertise the Blitz now it will get lost behind all the World Cup media coverage

Reply #760103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps waiting another week is the smart move.. All the news down there regarding sports has been about the AFL planning to finally do something, it would just get buried behind that.

Reply #760104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuses and more Excuses.

Reply #760121 | Report this post

Anon16  
Years ago

Every other Blitz a failure? Other than Townsville, the others have done very well for the most part. Little bit OTT there.

Reply #760129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

70% of tickets sold to the Thursday (Ulverstone) and Friday night (Kingborough) games as per the NBL Blitz ticket page.

You'd want to hope you could sell out Ulverstone (capacity 1500), Devonport (1500) and Kingborough (1800) and then get 2000+ at each of the two DEC sessions.

But yes, I feel like the only people that know about it are basketball fans. Maybe they will go all out with the promotion in the week prior?

Reply #760150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So there's been no advertising but you're tired of hearing about how people must turn up. If you're tired of hearing about it, they must be doing something right!

Reply #760171 | Report this post

Shira Wilson  
Years ago

Yeah, absolutely I agree...but advertising is a must for the awareness.

Reply #760178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the point the opening post is making is that enagaged basketball fans are being constantly told about how important attendance at the Blitz could be for a future NBL bid, but that nothing is necessarily being done to tell the casual fan about the event.

There has been a constant drip feed of NBL-related news articles in the Mercury of late. I think that's the extent of any campaign though, unfortunately.

Reply #760179 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

crap- there has been advertising

Reply #760183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where exactly Scout? Nothing on TV here. Nothing in the paper. Sorry.
I have spoken to 3 people involved with 3 different NBL clubs and those clubs still haven't even got their itinerary yet.

Reply #760196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The apathy is the worrying thing.

Reply #760546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on LK you made good money from the USA games how about putting cash into advertising the blitz in local Tasmania to help grow the sport.

Maybe someone from his office will see this.

Reply #760608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah. LK is about the money. He wants $20mill to "renovate: the DEC. PLus $1.5mill each year from the Government.
Last I heard it was a $1Mill to $2mill to fix the DEC.
I have also heard that Wilkinsons Point is worth about $18mill.
It's his League and he can do what he wants. Tassie needs and NBL team.
How that will happen I don't know.

Reply #760786 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754