Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Twitter melo highlights video going viral

It's reaching 1 million views in 19h

Topic #45907 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The melo and RJ overtime video on YouTube has 244k views 686 comments 4.7k likes in 3 weeks

The NBL YouTube subscribers is 15.5k up from 11k 3weeks ago and constantly climbing

NBL Twitter page is at 57.2k follows up from 53k in 3 weeks

Melb United v hawks game video on YouTube is at 22k in 2 days with 355 likes and 40 comments plus Melos highlight video for this game has 40k views

Sem v hawks game video has 51k in 17h with 651 likes

Reply #763079 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is it this one?

Reply #763096 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

He's turned the floater into an art form.

Might be pre season, but this guy will be better than anticipated

Reply #763103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's still early days atm. Wait til he gets crossed up by Teys!

Reply #763110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it this one?

Yep

Reply #763115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering he is here to improve his game, size, fitness, strength,mental strength,bball iq and personal skills give him 6 months he could be dominating the NBL. we haven't even seen RJ yet, bring on the blitz

Reply #763117 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Way to early to say if he will be anygood.

Just waiting for Lavar to walk out of the stands and pull Melo out of a game!

Reply #763118 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Just waiting for Lavar to walk out of the stands and pull Melo out of a game!"

Has Daddy Ball actually done that. Believaball, but still weird and dramatic.

Reply #763124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From a marketing point of view this is gold for the NBL and it's still only pre season.
A friend of mine works I’m marketing for a large chain and he is in contact with the NBL and NBL teams working on different advertising opportunities for this season and he advises other companies to do the same.

Reply #763127 | Report this post

Kai  
Years ago

ROY and MVP

Reply #763128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to early to say if he will be anygood.

Yeah it's only pre season and only had 3 games as a team .
He has a few foul issues to work out but he top scored for his team in his 2nd game and 2nd highest score of 21 points in his 3rd game not a bad start .

Reply #763130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just waiting for Lavar to walk out of the stands and pull Melo out of a game!

Why?
The NBL would have a water tight 2 year next stars contract with melo if Lavar pulls him out it could possibly affect his draft prospects that would be crazy.
It looks like melo is fitting in at the hawks ,he seems happy to be with the team and having fun with his new team mates, his personal coach is helping the team coaching staff and thats a positive sign. Lavar has been having a good time in Illawarra and the locals like having melo and Lavar in the area. From what I here Lavar is bringing his wife and some other family members back over here to see melo play. It's all positive stuff at this point time will tell all.

Reply #763133 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Pretty to watch. Sure looks a good player.

Reply #763140 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A natural talent, no doubt about that! Will be interesting to see how far he can progress the defensive side of his game as the season progresses. If he can do that he could be a serious factor.

Reply #763141 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Looks good. I hope he keeps improving. It would be a massive win for the NBL if he goes top 5 in 2020...

Reply #763144 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

He's going to be very hard for the smaller guards to stop.

Reply #763191 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Watched the game...

He is fast.

He will do well in this league.

Reply #763212 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Maybe we need to refer to them as LaMelo and RoMelo to save confusion?

Or just Lame and Rome if you're lazy? LOL

Reply #763245 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

From a marketing point of view this is gold for the NBL and it's still only pre season.
A friend of mine works I'm marketing for a large chain and he is in contact with the NBL and NBL teams working on different advertising opportunities for this season and he advises other companies to do the same.

I am not being a smart arse here but can you please translate that again?

You've lost me a bit

Reply #763247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It means we just made another $1.4 billion!!

Reply #763250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Highlights from the game are on 650,000 views in one day on Overtime channel.

A couple of other channels with 250,000+ views from just highlights of the preseason NBL game in Wodonga.

I might have to get a video camera and start my own YouTube channel!

Reply #763253 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

It would be interesting to know how ticket sales are going around the country for Hawks away games

Reply #763260 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

You think people from the USA are going to fly to Adelaide to watch Lamelo play?

Reply #763272 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

You think people from the USA are going to fly to Adelaide to watch Lamelo play?

No not at all. I'm interested to know the interest in him in Australia and how many newcomers will come to see him play

Reply #763278 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"You think people from the USA are going to fly to Adelaide to watch Lamelo play"

What a dumb thing to say! lol

Reply #763284 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Do Australians have the same interest in young developing athletes? When Bogut was dominating the junior world championships, he was still unknown to most of the basketball community in Australia. ESPN(?) used to show some Saint Mary's games, but that sort of thing always seemed like a niche interest.

Reply #763300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Omg here is this anon banging on about the 244k YouTube video again he has watched 243k times himself to check the view count and update us all hourly

Reply #763304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was at the game in Albury and was really impressed with the way he handled himself both on and off the court. Looked really impressive during the game and then after the game he stayed around and signed autographs and took photos for a line of kids that stretched the length of the court. Seems like a really well grounded kid.

It's great to see the NBL taking these pre season games into regional areas. Albury/Wodonga put on a really good show. Hopefully the Blitz will be a big success too.

Reply #763337 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Do Australians have the same interest in young developing athletes? When Bogut was dominating the junior world championships, he was still unknown to most of the basketball community in Australia. ESPN(?) used to show some Saint Mary's games, but that sort of thing always seemed like a niche interest.

Not the same interest as Americans, but there's a much bigger following of the NBA in Australia now than there was when Bogut was coming through. Fans are more connected and more informed today as well. So I've got no doubt that Ball & Hampton will attract additional interest down here.

Reply #763342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to see sem use Terry Armstrong more and to see Overtime bring in Terry and Didi for an interview plus a lot of other players.

Reply #763488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#melofactor

Reply #763623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All 4 next stars play today.

Who will score the most out of the next stars class?
I think

1. Didi. Been to the World Cup and ready to go
2. Melo. Had a few good pre season gams and getting confidence
3. RJ. Hasn't played any pre season games yet needs to get some confidence
4. Terry Hasn’t played much at all in pre season games yet needs confidence

Anyone like to have a guess?

Reply #763728 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754