Bob Knight  
Years ago

What's the excuse this time?

Reply #53316 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wednesday night. Fox game?

Just not enough publicity/advertising.

The crowds have been shocking around the country but Adelaide should be looking to get the crowd up to 6,500 for at least one game this year. Last night at the Hunter game was 1,693. Last round, Kings vs Crocs was 3,688. Breakers vs Razors was 2,340. Hawks vs Wildcats 3,375. Tigers vs Kings at least was a sell-out, but with Melbourne playing out of a 3,500 seat stadium, you'd want that to happen every game.

Best crowds in the league appear to be in Townsville; they had 5,507 for a game against the Breakers, which is 96% of capacity, and Crocs vs Sixers was a sell-out (5,257). Adelaide would probably have the second biggest crowds, followed by Cairns perhaps. Hunter and NZ are down the bottom. Razors doing nothing special. Melbourne, Sydney and Perth look to be around 3,500/game.

Reply #53319 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

How did the big screen replay/FOX thingy go?

Reply #53327 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It worked quite well, but hard to get in the habit of checking it when you have the live version in front of you. Great for pointing it out to Tigers when they were complaining about bad calls, but not really big enough/clear enough to settle to many controversial calls...

Adds to the atmosphere, so I aould say it is a positive...

Reply #53328 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, IMO. There was a touch of interference/banding, but it wasn't too bad. Even the small stats were easily readable from my seats.

They switched to a still-logo screen when the Sixers were shooting free throws at that end, after a reminder from Maher.

Makes it an easy option for future Fox games. If we can get stats and replays up there for the "other" games, it'll be great.

Reply #53329 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

I have no idea about this but is it possible to get onto the stats people's network and build some sort of interface similar to the nbl "scoreboard" that could be displayed up on the screen. Its a concept and by no means am I offering my services for this - cos I have no program skills to speak of but I am sure JABA who did the scoreboard last year for the sixers site could arrange something like that. I know when the magic used to play at the tennis centre if someone scored some of their stats would come up ie Maher 4pts 3 ass or Rees 4pts 4 Rebs etc. I have no idea how it was done way back then but just an idea.

I loved the big screen, but I had one of those heaters in my way which kinda sucked. Isaac I noticed the interference too, but with the cable length and all the fluros that the cable probably had to run past it is pretty understandable that there was some kind of interference in the signal, but i dont think it was quite as noticeable later in the game. Was just looking at the fox coverage page and we havent got another fox game this month, I think its time to start lobbying fox to cover more of our home games, for DJ over in Melbourne and also for us to get replays on the screen.

Reply #53332 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's my suggestion for stats too.

BTW, speaking of our Melbourne-based moderator I got an SMS from DJ (actually, one of about ten talking about the screen, people wearing bright colours, who should pass more, etc) during the game. I'd sent him one talking about the huge atmosphere in one quarter. His response was something like: "here too. but it's just me and the dog". Haha.

Reply #53334 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

What's the deal with Fox? They always try to emphasis they show each team evenly as best they can...

So I'm hoping we get a good second half of the season than!!!

Home or Away games I'm not fussed.

Reply #53371 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754