BSA clearance numbers

for 2019 as of today

sturt - 51 in total- 31 coming and 20 going
norwood - 51 in total- 22 coming and 29 going
north - 33 in total - 15 coming and 18 going
south - 44 in total - 26 coming and 18 going
forestville - 51 in total- 27 coming and 24 going

other clubs not listed

looks like the new north adelaide stadium s aren't enticing people based on the above.
other than more or less fees for clubs what does this mean? seems sturt and south are drawing the numbers and norwood losing the most.

Topic #45986 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is it that BAA still don't have this information for all clubs for player clearances?

Reply #765543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA sorry.

Reply #765544 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"looks like the new north adelaide stadium s aren't enticing people based on the above."

They were already loaded with talent and numbers. If you are from another club would you really want to go to North and most likely play in lower divisions or less opportunity? There are actually a lot of talented players at North in division 2/3 or on the bench of div 1 that don't get the opportunity to become the best player they can as they don't get the opportunity due to the talent. It is a shame because if they went to other clubs they would have the opportunity to reach their full potential. I guess these kids + parents just like to win and aren't interested in going further with basketball.

It is interesting with Norwood having lots leave. Is this due to the Webber impact or other factors?

Reply #765586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Norwood was the Rojo factor but I could be mistaken. A lot of their girls left a couple of years ago leaving them decimated to their usual quality/numbers.

Reply #765592 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

It should be like Basketball Victoria - all clearances for all clubs on one page. No not displaying etc by some clubs. That way if anyone wants to challenge if the player has been cleared - it's on a list that everyone can see. However if a good reason can be provided - it can be withheld.

I would not draw too many conclusions from amount of transfers - for a start - there will still be more to come as Summer season is still a couple of weeks away. The other point is depends where the vacancies are - it might just indicate that some clubs have room with their numbers for a player to get a development opportunity in a higher grade at another club. Some clubs are very strong in an age group and players can't get a spot in a higher div. Frankly - I'm all for pro/rel and if a club are good enough to have 2 teams in a grade - so be it - we want our athletes playing to their ceiling.

Reply #765949 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754