Senator11
Years ago

NBL Betting Thread

What everyone going with for round 1, I think all the favourites should win so I have a multi of United-Kings-Cats-Hawks.

Also spotted Aaron Brooks @ $13 to lead the league in scoring which I'm on.

Illawarra for top 4 is $2.10, which is shorter than what I expected so I won't be getting on, maybe if they lose a few games early to push the odds out.

Topic #45988 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

When it comes to game better I feel like a lot of random stuff happens in the opening round so I will be looking at good odds rather than favourites

Reply #765610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gamble responsibly

Reply #765612 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"When it comes to game better I feel like a lot of random stuff happens in the opening round so I will be looking at good odds rather than favourites"

Well tabtouch has a promo on for round 1, "if your team is up at half time, but go on to lose then you get your cash back up to $50". Could pick the under dog across all 4 games if you're into risk vs reward...

Reply #765614 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I prefer to play the long game when I do bet (Rare), but yet again the Cats are the value bet, like last year. So I'll abstain out of resentment for the Red army.

But for those who don't mind mixing business with pleasure, surely $5.50 is tempting odds for a club who's reigned 4 of the last 6 years.

In terms of round 1, I wouldn't touch United at $1.30 or whatever they are. They had most of the team at the World Cup, and Prather also missed plenty of pre season. They havent had the group together much at all. SEM would be the better value there.

Reply #765617 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I posted a lot of different futures options in the other thread:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/45615-2019E2809320-nbl-betting-odds/

Reply #765620 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Ah sorry, had a look, but couldn't see a thread...

Reply #765621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Senator 11 has more credibility than Perthworld.

Reply #765628 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

United's outs are a lot bigger than SEMs.

I really rate players like Wesley and Creek in being able to get it done in a clean game or a scrap.

No Prather means Creek can guard Goulding, and hide SEM's lack of guard depth a little.

United with no one to guard Wesley, and I think Long is a little more easily guarded, despite SEM's lack of Centre depth.

Liking SEM at $3.40 a lot

Reply #765639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had a nibble on SEM 1-10 @4.75 with beteasy.

Also don't mind John Roberson as an MVP smokie @41 with sportsbet. He's @15 with a couple of bookies. Sportsbet only let me stake $1.30 though lol.

Reply #765640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I agree SEM look value for money.

Reply #765641 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Also don't mind John Roberson as an MVP smokie @41 with sportsbet. He's @15 with a couple of bookies. Sportsbet only let me stake $1.30 though lol.

Down to $21 now. For my own personal amusement I checked my max bet allowed on this selection and it's $0.25. Gutless.

Reply #765660 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Personally I use Bet365 for all future bets, allow you to load up and also offer the best cash out options down the track.

Reply #765689 | Report this post

A.  
Years ago

You can more than double your money tonight on Long for a double double @ $2.10

Reply #765765 | Report this post

A.  
Years ago

I got $40 on Roberson @ 41 for MVP.

Reply #765767 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Sportsbet also only let's me bet stupid amounts (like $1.52) on such things. Tried to put money on Webster for top scorer tonight and it only allowed $2.12, and now won't let me withdraw the money I was gonna bet.

These bookies are f'ing with the system so much it's ridiculous.

Reply #765769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chucked a little bet on: Trimble 20+ Pts, 5+ Asts, McCarron 5+ Rebs, Goulding 3+ 3PM, Creek 8+ Rebs, Madgen 15+ Pts at $41 odds on beteasys build a bet.

Reply #765774 | Report this post

A.  
Years ago

@ Greggo, you need to close your account and set up a new one, I don't have such restrictions with my account.

Reply #765782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks SEM. United need to look at a few players already to be sacked.

Reply #765852 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Tried before A. Because you need ID and verification they're all across it.

Also, CACHING!!!!

Big wins tonight.

Beers are on me lads.

Reply #765855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Greggo, good tip took it on tabtouch with the special

Reply #765877 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Cleaned up on SEM, would've been nicer if Tai didn't get injured, had a multi of Wesley 15+ points and SEM to win paying $8. :'( Wesley already had 8 points in like the first 4 minutes before the hammy went.

On Taipans at home for the Tabtouch special, but only cos they are at home, could get the early jump like SEM did and be leading at HT.

Reply #765925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy with SEM and the Bullets.
Not sure how SEM will go in the long term. Illawarra certainly wont make the finls. They almost zero bench.

Reply #766599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754