Anonymous
Years ago

Mitch Creek is NBA ready

Could start for a few NBA teams. He's showing he has the ability. He should get picked up.

Topic #46003 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could start for some NBA teams...talk about over the top.

Reply #766028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is how we ended up with Scomo.

Reply #766030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What team does this scomo guy play for?

Reply #766031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Him and his mates have their own special team.

Reply #766032 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

If Creek has developed a consistent 3pt threat then yes he is NBA ready.

But not starting.

He is middle level as far as athleticism is concerned in the NBA, not particularly long, middle tier IQ. Good Motor, good attitude is of value too of course.

Reply #766033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^do you mean wheel chair bball?

Reply #766034 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Many times I've often seen him play, and that was his best, last nite.

Reply #766035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's keep him until the end of season
27 scouts here chances are we might lose a few at the of the season .

Reply #766036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steady on kids, school holidays finishes today. Lets see that consistent play from him all season with a steady jumper and then at best he may be able to fill a role off a bench for a team somewhere in the middle of the standings in the NBA.

Reply #766042 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Yep, im not convinced, looks clunky....nothing very classy or fluent but he does have a decent NBL skillset!!

Reply #766045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I game does not make and NBA player. United weren't very good, let's face it.

Reply #766047 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'll just remind everyone of a post right near the top of the United vs Phoenix thread

[Prather and Barlow will be missed on the defensive end against Wesley and Creek.]

Wesley scored 8 points in 5 minutes, and Creek was best on court.

Now, yes Creek is probably the best Forward in the NBL. Elite at both ends, in NBL terms.

But starting in the NBA? Nowhere near it. Well, not based on a good game against a second string United unit.

Reply #766053 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Id love to know what NBA teams you think he could start for?

Reply #766054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek is one of the craftiest players in the world for his height .
Always takes the space , plays and rebounds above his length , his only downside is he is a below average long range shooter and his FT numbers are closer to 70 than 80 . If he could find himself shooting 33-35% from NBA 3 and shoot 80% from the line he would get minutes .

Reply #766091 | Report this post

Great start to the season in game 1. But lets not get ahead of ourselves....

PS: to the clown who thought it was funny to reference wheel chair bball: classy reference... This forum never ceases to amaze me!

Reply #766102 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Nostraballmus loves Mitch. Nostraballmus saw exactly where Mitch is at in comparison to the best in the world a few weeks back in China. Nostraballmus asks have you all been Men in Blacked and had your memory wiped ?

Reply #766110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Creek aka Tall Delly

Reply #766114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon thinks Nostraballmus is actually Helen Keller and therefore was unable to see that Mitchnot only struggled but was close to the worst player that actually checked in for the Boomers over those last two games.

Reply #766115 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

If Creek can do what he did last night consistently, he's an NBA level player. But we need to wait before we make the call with any confidence.

Reply #766116 | Report this post

ME- Great comment, if he dominates like he did last night NBA will come knocking but its game 1....

Reply #766127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whispers coming out of Boti's camp that scouts were in attendance and were very impressed with Creek.

Reply #766148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nostraballmus sleeps with hands outside the sheets and boxing gloves on. His seeing eye dog beside him on the floor. What a tool.
WE know why he isn't a wnaker ;)

Reply #766150 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Of course they were it was the game of his life lets give it a couple of more games before we start comparing him to Jordan.

Reply #766152 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Nostraballmus is not surprised that Anons do not understand his musings. After all anons don't even have names. Anons choice to somehow attempt to ridicule The Ballmus by comparing him to those with a disability tells Nostraballmus all he needs to know about who the w&@nkers are here.

The Ballmus is happy to dumb down his musings for those without the bball IQ of ME, Luuuc, Isaac, UseTaHoop etc and those who are unable to even post under a creative name. The Ballmus lives Creek. But the Ballmus knows he ain’t NBA yet and be proved it in China.

Reply #766204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Nostraballmus is not surprised that Anons do not understand his musings. After all anons don't even have names."

That makes no sense.

Reply #766210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous is just as good a name as nostrabullarse.

Reply #766213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymousballarse^

Reply #766223 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Creek has definitely improved. He played spot minutes in NBA last year. That, plus his WC experience, has made him "more" NBA ready.

Is he ready for major NBA minutes or starting? Probably not, but if he gets another shot he will play with more confidence, knowledge and read the play better. So an NBA coach could have a bit more faith in him playing more important minutes, but he will never be a closer in tight games.

I think he will get another NBA shot, and more power to him. This is my first point of disagreement with Nostraballmus. Creek is only likely to pick up NBA interest for the next couple of years. He needs to make hay while the sun shines. He's done ok with spot minutes before and improved over that level, so I think he has a decent chance of more short term contracts.

For those who continue to write him off, I have 2 questions:

1. Have you made the most of your career with Creek level skills combined with Creek level effort?
2. Can you honestly think of many Australian basketball players who have achieved so much relative to their skills.

More power to Creek. I hope he rides his career as far as he can over the next couple of years, then comes back as a truly dominant local NBL player (and how many have done that n the last 10 years?)

Reply #766236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is clearly the best player in the world. NBA is beneath him.

Reply #766348 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754