Anonymous
Years ago

Mitch Creek favourite for MVP

Mitch has skyrocketed to MVP favourite. I guess the only thing keeping him from getting it is if he gets picked up by an NBA team early.

He is one to watch. This league is the talented it's ever been with Lamelo in the hunt too.

Topic #46007 | Report this topic

ME  
Years ago

Lol. I don't get how anyone with a working brain has LaMelo in the hunt. Preseason is preseason. He'll average half of his numbers when the real thing kicks off. Guaranteed.

Reply #766168 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I wouldn't get too carried away with Creek. Was impressive, but five things I'll note:

1. The number of possessions per game league-wide will increase this season, meaning there are more stats to be had. Stars will be made to look better by this

2. Prather, who would be United's best equipped player to match up with Creek, wasn't playing

3. Barlow wasn't playing, and I am confident that he'd have spent time on Creek

4. Creek probably won't shoot that clip from deep many times this season

5. Without Wesley, Creek got more shots and rhythm

It was just a perfect storm game for Creek. He won't be MVP

Reply #766173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"1. The number of possessions per game league-wide will increase this season, meaning there are more stats to be had. Stars will be made to look better by this"
So what was last seasons possessions per game?
The year b4?
PLease let us know. Oh where is that stat available?

Reply #766174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After one game?
Let's see all the teams play first

Reply #766180 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

These reactions after one of 28 games are funny.
Going with the OP way of thinking then Noi from Cairns is my Rookie of the year tip.

Reply #766192 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Creek a real chance but if you're betting I like the last 2 winners Cotton $9 and Bogut $18

Reply #766194 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Mitch has skyrocketed to MVP favourite. I guess the only thing keeping him from getting it is if he gets picked up by an NBA team early."

I'm not sure he would have an in-season out-clause.

Reply #766195 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Long is my 3rd choice at $9 since United will use him in the low block, plus he'll get plenty of lobs and put backs like Boone. The only inside scorers on a team where the D focuses on the perimeter, will mean opportunities, is set up for Long to prosper. I think he'll be United's leading scorer, and will average 10 boards a game on a top 2 or 3 team. Real MVP chance

Reply #766196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long got play some defence first, he can score plenty but let's more against. Will fool most people though.

Reply #766200 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"So what was last seasons possessions per game? The year b4?
PLease let us know. Oh where is that stat available?"

2019 - 79 (ave per team)
2018 - 77
2017 - 77
2016 - 77
2015 - 77
2014 - 74
2013 - 73
2012 - 77

Stats from RealGM

Reply #766201 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Think he's contracted for the full season (wont leave for NBA).

Saying it's a perfect storm game and he wont do it again is a bit redundant, cos he wont need to be that amazing to win MVP.

If he got 18, 8, 4 on a decent team that would be enough to put him in the conversation, and I imagine he'll do better than that.

Reply #766228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Possession stats seem a really low number considering the high scoring.

Reply #766248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's 4 possessions per minute, that's not really low. Average of around 1.12 points per possession last season.

Reply #766253 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Eye test only but adjusting back to NBL (MEL-SEM game) after the World Cup the biggest difference is the frantic pace.

Reply #766255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As good a chance as anyone

Reply #766281 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

With Tai Wesley on the floor, it gives Mitch more room. Robinson deadly from outside, Mitch deadly if the ball is in his hands and Wesley brutal in the post game.

He is shooting like he did in Summer League. Big baskets when needed + when defence decide not to close out. Otherwise Mitch is searching for someone else to do the offensive spend.

Reply #766313 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

As long as it doesn't go to La Melo-fucking-Ball.

Reply #766324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does it matter if Ball gets MVP ?
Does it really matter GWB?

Reply #766335 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Lol Oh wow you remember my old profile name. That'll be good for a few tugs for you tonight I'm sure.

Reply #766345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always thought GWB was a wanker and thanks to an anon above I find out "ME" is the same wanker.

Reply #766346 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

One thing I noticed over round 1, which I did expect, are the guys who played at some point for the Boomers in the off season look super confident and all should improve from last season, Creek, Kay, McCarron and Sobey. It's not out of the question for Creek to get MVP, he fills the stat sheet and no Tai means he's going to have a busy first month so should be in the box seat by the time Wesley comes back. Bogut at $21 is surely worth a dabble?

Reply #766624 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The guys who played for Boomers and Tall Blacks aren't rusty like some of the others. The rest will be if they can hold it throughout the season. Kay has had a massive workload over the last year or so, Perth will have to be smart with him.

Reply #766626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut had a massive work load, nbl, nba, boomers, carrying an ankle injury already.

Reply #766634 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"The guys who played for Boomers and Tall Blacks aren't rusty like some of the others. The rest will be if they can hold it throughout the season. Kay has had a massive workload over the last year or so, Perth will have to be smart with him."

Good point!

Reply #766638 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754