Lovebroker
Years ago

Teys and White Co-Captains for 36ers 19/20

The Adelaide 36ers have named experienced veterans Brendan Teys and Kevin White as co-captains for the NBL 2019-20 season.

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/article/teys-and-white-named-36ers-co-captains

I agree with the Captaincy taken off DJ, that guy is an elite offensive forward but not Captain material by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree with Teys being the Captain, Teys' work ethic, effort on the court (even for short spurts) and leadership makes him the ideal candidate.

I do not agree with Kevin White being co-captain however, while he is not utter trash, I have never been a fan and was quite disappointed when he joined the 36ers. He has no tenure, has no discernible skillsets or leadership qualities.

If we are wanting co-captaincy I'd rather it went to either Randle, or Drmic.

And I understand Randle's gap in tenure as a counter for his candidacy but he has come out to say that he never wanted to leave the Sixers in the first place.

Topic #46010 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol.

Reply #766235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's make Julius Hodge a global ambassador for the club! Randle???

Reply #766260 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

This pair are two of the most unskilled bums in the league. This makes Adelaide a borderline laughing stock.

Reply #766268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Floppie and Toughie in charge.

Reply #766310 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Imagine picking your captains on leadership ability and not just looking at the PPG column. What a joke!

Reply #766315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would want my captain to be on the court. Otherwise just pick the greatest leader out there from any sport even if they wont get on the court. Not a supporter of those choices!

Reply #766359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

might average 10 minutes court time per game between them. Its clear the sixers dont hold much weight into captains

Reply #766819 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He's no star but at least Teys shows some ticker giving it to a downhill skier like DJ was a joke.

Reply #766825 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"might average 10 minutes court time per game between them. Its clear the sixers dont hold much weight into captains"

or perhaps you are still living in the past or come with a football mindset. In Basketball there is not much importance in a captain. It is often a distraction to have your main players as a captain.

Reply #766827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So geniuses, who are candidates for captain. Risky for imports to get the nod but Moore for me.

Reply #766868 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ramone Moore's too disappointing a player to be getting captaincy honours, has all the skills and can win the odd game himself but prefers to coast most of the time.

Reply #766870 | Report this post

Nepotism  
Years ago

No one in that team deserves to be captain of anything!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe captain of the toilet cleaners

Reply #767671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754