Anonymous
Years ago

Dario Hunt

Didn't play in the third. Very limited minutes? Is he gone?

Topic #46012 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

way to totally ignore context. quality post.

Reply #766338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

T. Cowper? Is that you?

Reply #766339 | Report this post

PerthPlaylist  
Years ago

Foul trouble.

Reply #766343 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah, cos when the game was on the line with only minutes to play, Trev was more worried about Hunt fouling out. ROFL

First, the stats I've seen for his bio don' seem right.
According to the numbers he should be the same height and size as Long, Kay, and Majok. But he just isn't.
Could be just a different physique, and has maybe dropped a lot of weight??

We were also told he'd be an athletic rim-protector, with a 7ft wingspan, but we just haven't seen it.
Maybe he's carrying injury, which is why he doesn't seem as athletic and intimidating??

I don't really know what Trev intends, so can't say whether he'll stay or go. I wasn't that impressed with Majok either, so wait & see I guess.

Reply #766350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hunt was in foul trouble most of the game. In the fourth, Gleeson went with the guys that were playing well (as he always does), which didnt include Hunt because of the foul trouble. Pretty simple really.

Reply #766357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had some ok looking moments but the foul trouble really made him struggle and not get any rhythm or feel. Willing to let him settle into the league with a few more games before judging him too harshly.

In saying that though i spent the whole game sitting there thinking gees i wish we signed Long instead lol.

Reply #766375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long would never have signed with Perth because they'd make him play defence.

Reply #766379 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

I spent the game thinking long might be a headcase... very very talented, but a headache none the less. Let's give hunt a chance, he was on the wrong end of some comical calls. His pass to terrico for that reverse ally, layin suggest a guy that can make some high iq plays for a big man.

Reply #766408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why was long passing to terrico?

Reply #766410 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Long would never have signed with Perth because they'd make him play defence."

So will Melbourne, or else he'll spend more time on the pine down the stretch.

Reply #766419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which is what happened yesterday, yeah?

"why was long passing to terrico?"

Is this a serious question?

Reply #766432 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Gleeson went with the guys that were playing well (as he always does), which didnt include Hunt because of the foul trouble."

Say What?

"Foul Trouble" and Not playing well are two completely separate things.

Trev kept him on the bench because he was stinking it up, not because he had 4 fouls.

Reply #766474 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

He was on the bench because he was on 4 fouls and the Wildcats were doing well enough without him being needed on the court in the 4th.

If he checked back in, United would have just targeted him straight away for a 5th foul. So not much point playing him at that point. Nothing to do with him stinking it up.

You have to consider all the factors of the environment of a game.

Reply #766488 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

D2.0 out here repping for Cat Chat! We want more dunk shots. So far Dario hasn't offered any!

Reply #766522 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"He was on the bench because he was on 4 fouls and the Wildcats were doing well enough without him being needed on the court in the 4th."

Except that's not even close to what actually happened...

We started the last quarter with Kay & Wagstaff.
About 1 3rd of the way in, Wagstaff fouled, and Hunt was subbed in.
He played maybe 3 or 4 minutes and did nothing.
With around 3 minutes to go, and the game starting to slip, he was replaced with Vague.

You can hardly say we were doing "well enough" when we only hit the front with 11 seconds left to play.

But as I said, wait and see. It was his first real game, and his preseason games have been good.

He's not what I was expecting, either from my own expectation of what we needed, or the descriptions. So I'm just waiting to see how his playing style comes out as he settles in, and how Trev intends to use him.

Reply #766595 | Report this post

PerthPlaylist  
Years ago

The argument is Dario Hunts foul trouble didn't allow him to get into the game. He never got into rhythm.

If you played basketball you’d understand.

The whole game he was on the back foot because of fouls.

Reply #766596 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think it's terrific that Vague is getting more responsibility, you never know when he will be needed later in the season with form, injury or foul trouble and he did some nice things.

Hunt certainly didn't look like what I was expecting but that pass to Terrico was sublime and I was excited to see someone new playing for us... but is it sad that I got just as excited for Pozolglu getting minutes?

Reply #766597 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Vague was instrumental in getting 3 or 4 offensive boards at the end there, without those we would have lost.

Pretty early to form an opinion on Hunt, new team/environment, first game, foul trouble etc etc. We saw the same thread last season with Terrico's name in the subject, we saw how that turned out. Long wasn't great to start out either. Always takes time in the NBL to feel out the system and especially the refs, more difficult for bigs too so I'll reserve judgement for at least 5 or so games.

I will admit watching Long early I was thinking, damn, if we had Cotton, Long and Terrico we would be unstoppable.

Reply #766646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long defensively would make Gleeson go more crazy if that was possible.

Reply #766648 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754