Anonymous
Years ago

The Kuoat Noi thread

I don't see him in the NBA in the future but can see him possibly being a Boomer.
Or at worst case develops at Cairns and eventually poached away by a bigger club.

Thoughts...

Topic #46023 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see him as a fringe boomer in the next couple of years. Fill in for all those nba players during qualifiers. Asian cups etc.

Reply #766690 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You never know. Best case scenario I see him taking the same path the Deng Adel has taken. Fringe NBA player, Fringe Boomer too. Can't see him wanting to play in Europe (unless the offers are way better than the NBL), and with the way the NBL is going attracting more and more NBA Scouts, could be a win-win situation for him and his NBA aspirations. Although I see him taking the G-League path.

Reply #766695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To early to tell, certainty not convinced yet, one game into the season on a losing side that capitulated in the last.

Reply #766703 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

It's too early to say but I wouldn't count anything out just yet. I mean the guy got a double double in his first game, including 6 offensive rebounds. He clearly appears to have the athleticism, desire, some skill, and is still young. I think he will relatively easily find himself in Asia Cup and Boomers qualifier contention but if he really shines and develops over the next few years, I don't see the NBA as being completely unreasonable.

Reply #766711 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Nostraballmus says nice kid. Has potential. Nostraballmus wonders about his shooting.

Reply #766736 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Cairns scored 8 pts in last qtr. Should have won!!

Where was he?

Reply #766741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney put the clamps on, Moller mostly but Newley as well played solid D on him.

Reply #766742 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"Where was he?"

Who knows. Maybe off being a kid playing his first pro game or something?

Reply #766744 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Don't forget Oliver was injured and couldn’t play last quarter. Changed Cairns’ game at both ends.

Reply #766761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Oliver was injured but you must have been watching a different game because he certainly played in last quarter, at least fifty percent imo.

Reply #766762 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Where was Noi prior to this season at Cairns?

Reply #766764 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

College at TCU.

Reply #766773 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"College at TCU."

Thanks, for his talent it seems like he came out of nowhere in the NBL, although I don't follow the college leagues.

Reply #766776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would prefer him in the boomers team rather than gliddon, barlow and kay.

Reply #766824 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #766853 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"Would prefer him in the boomers team rather than gliddon, barlow and kay."

Yeah, nah, I mean... Nick Kay... multiple double doubles across the world cup. Terrible player.

Reply #766854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yeah, nah, I mean... Nick Kay... multiple double doubles across the world cup. Terrible player."

Noi is more athletic, better scorer and rebounder too.

Reply #766865 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not really comparing apples and oranges with Noi and Kay. Not a good comparison.

Reply #766866 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"Noi is more athletic, better scorer and rebounder too."

Based on one pro game? Yeah, nice one.

Reply #766885 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I have absolutely no idea about where this kid will end up but I know I absolutely bloody love watching him play and wish him all the best and if he wins Rookie of the Year with this class then he has done a phenomenal job and hopefully Cairns have greatly improved throughout the season

Reply #766888 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I have absolutely no idea about where this kid will end up but I know I absolutely bloody love watching him play and wish him all the best and if he wins Rookie of the Year with this class then he has done a phenomenal job and hopefully Cairns have greatly improved throughout the season

Reply #766889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Based on one pro game? Yeah, nice one. "

Noi has the potential to be in the NBA in the near future, Kay will
probably will never get go the nba level. Right now if I am an nbl coach I would rather have Noi in my team, better upside and skill sets , better athleticism.

Reply #766891 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Noi has the potential to be in the NBA in the near future, Kay will probably will never get go the nba level."

Spot on.

"Right now if I am an nbl coach I would rather have Noi in my team, better upside and skill sets , better athleticism."

I don't think your coaching career would last very long! Every NBL coach would take the All-First Teamer who is one of the best rebounders and defenders in the competition, one of the best passing big men in the comp, and who is a proven winner, over the promising rookie who has played one game.

Reply #766898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754