Years ago

NBL Referees review

NBL
@NBL
·
1h
Thanks to
@Europcar_AU
, the NBL's referees will review plays every round providing comprehensive explanations around rules and subsequent outcomes.

Below are a series of plays and clips from Round 1 of #NBL20 that have been reviewed

More at ➮ http://bit.ly/2OzAkv3

Topic #46043 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very interesting

Reply #767132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Minor detail but it would be nice if their written analysis aligned with the order of the video.

Nothing controversial about the review itself, though I imagine the NBL tends to select plays with that in mind.

Reply #767134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep they'll avoid the real stinkers in favour of faux transparency.

Reply #767161 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

They did this last season too. Can't recall if they covered any wrong calls. Mainly seemed to be clarifying rules and interpretations, IIRC. Like the unsportsmanlike calls that people were upset about early las season.

Reply #767170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 of the 5 calls in the round 1 review are errors

Reply #767173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pity the nrl doesn't review calls, they might get the correct winner.

Reply #767190 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

This was done last season. They did acknowledge some ref errors.

This can be a tool for getting the wider fans to understand the game a bit better.

I thought it was a good exercise last season.

Reply #767209 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Maybe they can also review the scorers table, how these guys get players stats wrong is ridiculous, removing and adding stats days after the game has been completed.

Reply #767222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would have thought getting paid in pies and coffee on game night wouldn't be enough to attract perfect score officials.

Come on, Senator.

Reply #767236 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Sit courtside, free pies and coffee? Where do I sign up, my stats recording would be Champion Data level with those incentives. :P

Reply #767251 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This doesn't do it for me at all. Something like Aylen and Vaughan getting three lashes for every call they get wrong live streamed would be ok.

Reply #767252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's one my pet hates, stats so wrong in what is a very stats business. I like to concentrate at times on two players, one from either side when watching live only to go home check the stats and think wtf, watch replay and then realise how bad it is, shits me, and yes I lead a very subdued life. ::))

Reply #767256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then do it, Senator. It's not like there are significant barriers to entry.

Reply #767262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Swear to god lamelo had about 6 stls only to see the box score showing 2!?!?

Reply #767452 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Yes LaMelo robbed of stats for steals. Not sure about 6 though. Speed, reach and nand-eye coordination are strengths of his.

Reply #767457 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

If there were 13 000 NBA scouts to watch Ball closely, I think they wouldn't rely on official stats at all.

Reply #767458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754