D2.0
Years ago

Hunt's Weird Free-Throw action

Was anyone else puzzled by this?

He seems to flick his arm or wrist laterally, spinning the ball sideways, and actually curving it towards the basket.
When he misses, which was half the time, it spazzes off towards the corner.

If it actually worked, I'd learn to love it, but few shots he actually made looked more like random luck.

Topic #46048 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw his shocking free throw stats when they first signed him. I basically just accepted he won't make any FT. Now any that he does get seems like a massive bonus.

Reply #767442 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hopefully that happens when they have no shot at playoffs purely from an entertainment perspective.

Reply #767445 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Hunt and Majok possibly the two worst FT shooters in the league

Reply #767450 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Opposition fans favourite player = free Hungry Jacks for sure

Reply #767455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong thread anon 767445.

Reply #767462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will we see hack a Hunt at some stage?

Reply #767465 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Hunt isn't even in Jamaal Wilkes’ league. Wilkes used to hit em as well.

Reply #767466 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I can't imagine what, but wonder if he has some kind of disability? Some limitation in his wrist perhaps?

Reply #767492 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"I can't imagine what, but wonder if he has some kind of disability? Some limitation in his wrist perhaps?"

Highly unlikely I would think. If anything, he has extra movement, not limited movement. Double jointedness, maybe. Perhaps he could learn cricket and bowl spin? It's weird though. His action just creates lateral movement of the ball, so the timing of telecast has to be perfect. That’s why we teach kids to shoot with vertical arms, and coach out any sideways elbows.

Reply #767525 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Highly unlikely I would think. If anything, he has extra movement, not limited movement. Double jointedness, maybe."

Yeah, I couldn't see precisely what his wrist was doing

Reply #767578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754