Sydney to win but by how much?

Topic #46052 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

17 points

Reply #767488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jae'Sean Tate 15+ points and Sydney to win paying $2.40 on Sportsbet, free money?

Reply #767491 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yeah Kings comfortably and Randle will try to stick it up them but just shoot us out of any hope of winning it.

Kings 15+

Reply #767494 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Expecting close to 10,000 which is great

Reply #767495 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not sure I like the smack against Randle from the Kings on social media. I doubt he needs any more incentive tonight to come out and try and drop 30. I'm expecting us to pick up a win, but the Sixers are still not a great matchup for Sydney, especially Bogut vs Johnson/Froling.

Reply #767499 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Randle dropping 30 against your boys still unlikely to hurt your boys Angus. In fact, DJ and Randle dropping 30 each probably won't hurt you either.

Reply #767513 | Report this post

KingzStink  
Years ago

Is this a Kings fan forum? What's with everyone over rating them on here? They looked putrid against Cairns for 3 quarters last week. Think the bookies have got their price wrong this week. I’ll take the +6.5 on offer for adelaide everyday of the week. Think they’re a sniff to grab the W as well.

Reply #767528 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Randle doesn't really deliver under pressure, and if he believes he needs to "stick it up 'em" it’s likely to backfire.

Reply #767530 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Is this a Kings fan forum? What's with everyone over rating them on here?

Have a look at who they're playing against FWIW I tipped the Kings to miss the playoffs this season.

Reply #767532 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

How long til 36ers change Moore for another import?

Reply #767533 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Can't see Moore getting cut if they have to pay out his whole contract.

Reply #767537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this chick commentating - her voice is f..king horrendous

Reply #767539 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Did XRef not pay their invoice? Isn't that the sponsor under the tape on the Kings uniform?

Reply #767540 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

It's Jenni Screen commentating

Reply #767541 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Adelaide are rubbish.

Reply #767543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is going to be a very long season for the 36ers and one that will see them in a precarious position . Randle was a terrible mistake , there is no cohesion and balance with this team and it won't be found because it is simply not there . We suck , this team is heading for the spoon .

Reply #767544 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Johnson playing like Ogilvys brother so far

Randle getting spanked by ware so far.

Down 17 already.

Reply #767545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 seconds , Mcveigh takes a shitty one with 10 left .
This guy is not NBL standard , rubbish player .

Reply #767546 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Every game so far this round has been a putrid blowout.

Very disappointing 2019-20 season so far.

Reply #767547 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers wooden spoon year

Reply #767548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright gone by end of season.

Reply #767549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This will be Joey Wright's last season as the coach of the 36ers .

Reply #767550 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So where's this improved defence Joey was talking up preseason? Sixers making Sydney look a lot better than they are.

Reply #767551 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Christ we're shit.

Reply #767553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kyei and Griffin together offer more than Johnson or froling.

Reply #767554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This improved defence was supposed to come from Taylor and Griffin. I was fully on board.

Now Taylor is gone in favour of the opposite of defence.

Randle HAS to score 30 just to offset Ware's schooling of him the other end.

Reply #767557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Honestly this is the worst commentary I've ever heard on an NBL game before.

Reply #767560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelly might have been better off selling the 36ers and keeping the Lightning

Reply #767561 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

He's such a shit owner.

Reply #767562 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Good run by the Sixers. But this is without Bogut, Tate and Didi.

Reply #767564 | Report this post

Deso  
Years ago

How many imports does Adelaide have ? I'm counting 5 or am I missing something ?

Reply #767566 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

36ers making Tate look like the greatest import we've ever seen.

Reply #767568 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Randle, Griffin and Moore. Who do you think the other two are?

Reply #767569 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

How many imports does Adelaide have ? I'm counting 5 or am I missing something ?
Three

Reply #767570 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Dillon and Kyei aren't imports lol

Reply #767571 | Report this post

Deso  
Years ago

The worst half I've ever seen from Adelaide - terrible!!

Reply #767572 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

This will be the norm for Adelaide unfortunately, way outclassed talent wise by every other team in the league

Reply #767573 | Report this post

Deso  
Years ago

Dillon and Kyei aren't imports lol

Ok - makes sense - I don't know where they’re from then - Aussies ?

Reply #767574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It's not over because Joey Wright will be giving them some tips at half time" FMD

Reply #767575 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Commentary fail today.

One game for Saturday and we're given whoeveritis and Whittle? With Gaze/Heal ACTUALLY at the game and literally given the opportunity to say one thing each up until halftime? Gaze and Heal should be calling the damn thing!

Whittle is particularly bad to listen to. The female version of Rosen talking non-stop, never deviating from whatever format she learned when she took commentary 101. Probably wouldn't be so bad as a sideline reporter being heard from 3-4 times a game. All game, no thanks. I feel like she's been shunted in to a lead role this season bEcAuSe EqUaLiTy.

LK has generally proven to be a genuis but the commentary changes are massively rubbish to date and taking away from the product.

Reply #767576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Tate 15+ bet is looking pretty decent LOL

Reply #767577 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Who the hell is Whittle?

Heverin has been really good. Him and Gaze doing every game - which they can with the studio setup - would actually make it watchable.

Reply #767579 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yes, they're Australian. It’s a little sad how easy it was to know what you were getting at.

Reply #767580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenni Screen is a terrible commentator , wish both of them should just shut the f..k up for 5 seconds . Just puerile garbage .

Reply #767581 | Report this post

Deso  
Years ago

Just my ignorance really -:I thought Dillon and Keyi were from US. Nothing sinister in my post - just asking :)

Reply #767582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol, why do people keep posting comments if they have no idea.
People talking about 5 imports and commentators that don't exist.

Reply #767583 | Report this post

Deso  
Years ago

Ok I'll shut up then - have no idea apparently!
At least I’m not "anonymous"

Reply #767584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't want commentary. NBL have a stream without commentary.
https://twitch.tv/nblcostream

Reply #767585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everytime the Sixers score Jenni Screem ... the momentum is changing .
Worst commentary combination , why don't these clowns ever realize they do not have to keep incessantly dribbling absolute horseshit thinking that it is making a difference to the spectacle .

Reply #767588 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

This implosion by the Sixers.

Reply #767589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle had chances to do something in that comeback and just killed any momentum that Adelaide had

Reply #767590 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I can't believe I'm saying this but bring back Heal.

Reply #767591 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Bring back Brad Rosen and James Harvey

Reply #767592 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The commentary on Twitch is amazing.

Reply #767593 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Commentary fail today.

One game for Saturday and we're given whoeveritis and Whittle? With Gaze/Heal ACTUALLY at the game and literally given the opportunity to say one thing each up until halftime? Gaze and Heal should be calling the damn thing!

Commentary fail is everyday now this season.

So much for cost cutting with the bunker when better commentators are still at the games and presumably getting paid to do basically nothing. WTF is going on here. Heal gets an even sweeter gig now for less work.

Reply #767600 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Rodney O is a better commentator than these bunker fools.

Reply #767605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenni Screen resembles me trying to reach the word count in an essay

Reply #767607 | Report this post

Knownuffin  
Years ago

I understand this particular game wasn't the most exciting, however, sometimes it better to say nothing at all than say ridiculous statements that make you lose all credibility as a 'professional' commentator. Jenni Screen- 'Jack McVeigh will be an integral part of this league for years to come'... sometimes silence is the better choice.

Reply #767611 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

In fairness, with everything the Sixers have done in the past few weeks it is not unrealistic to expect the Sixers to be better and more competitive in a round or two.

Things don't look great but perhaps reserve judgements for a couple of weeks at least.

Reply #767612 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tate was great, so was Newley and Moller. I also don't think I've ever seen Kickert play a game as good as that one. I mean, he still doesn't box out, but his weakside and man D was actually pretty good, in addition to the points. I think he had more positive defensive positions this game than last season combined. Hopefully nothing serious for Lisch and Bogut.

The Sixers looked like they just gave up. Even with the Kings bench on in the 3rd when they got some stops and made a run as soon as the Kings put a few baskets together the shoulders slumped and they checked out. Griffin I thought was a bit unlucky on a couple of his fouls - ie. the usual treatment for import bigs in the NBL.

Reply #767632 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Sixers lost their way every time Griffin went off. Leading 13-5 in the last quarter, with about 4 mins left. Griffin gets his fifth, offence dries up, out scored 13-4 to the whistle. Happened similarly in second and third quarters. Story of the game for the Sixers I reckon.

Reply #767635 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah Griffin getting taken out of the game by fouls pretty much killed the game for the Sixers. I thought he looked ready to dominate Tate early. After DJ, the Sixers Aussie contingent falls away quickly - apart from Drmic, they are either past their best or very inexperienced. Sixers will depend heavily on DJ, Griffin and Randle in every game.

Reply #767646 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Could be a long season for Sixers fans....

Reply #767653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic was woeful, really disappointed how Adelaide are going. No one really any good. Newley and Moller play both ends. Moller gets lots of tip outs for easy kings board. Newley still as tough as nails. The coach has got the ball moving, team first most times.

Reply #767654 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Years ago

The season thus far has disappointed because it has suggested early there is a 2-tier comp ahead.
Adelaide, Illawarra and Cairns look very unconvincing, but not sure from there about who should be joining them in the bottom; maybe even Brisbane.
Sad, after such off-season anticipation.
These clubs and their coaches have been talking it up, describing the decisively different style of game they intend to play, how well they have prepared, and more.
It's just not there, I think.
That will be bad for the underachieving franchises, but it will be bad for the League, too.
On top of that, the NBA/NBL games have highlighted for me what a cupcake shebang we’re actually watching.
Our best simply cannot defend a spread floor.
Still, I’ve paid my money. And I’ve been very wrong before!

Reply #767655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Adelaide, Cairns and Illawarra in no particular order are the bottom 3.

Reply #767656 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Adelaide has played one game and against one of the favourites Kings in Sydney.

Are we really going to base a bottom 3 prediction on that sole outing?

Not saying there are no concerns but hardly cause for total despair.

I think we always knew that there is most likely 1 playoff spot that the rest of the league is fighting for.

We are not out of it by any stretch.

Reply #767659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disagree "Lovebroker".

Reply #767660 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sack Joey.

Reply #767661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You finally said something sensible "Perthworld".

Reply #767662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide looked jaded, a trip to US and back in a week will do that to you. The kings look nine deep which should help as the season goes on.

Reply #767664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingzStink.

"Is this a Kings fan forum? What's with everyone over rating them on here? They looked putrid against Cairns for 3 quarters last week. Think the bookies have got their price wrong this week. I'll take the +6.5 on offer for adelaide everyday of the week. Think they’re a sniff to grab the W as well.

Guess the bookies were right. Thanks for your 1st post. Hopefully your last as well. You clearly have a hatred for the Kings.

Reply #767665 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Cairns could be competitive at full strength, but already dealing with injuries, Adelaide, let's give them another game, but it didn't look good

Reply #767667 | Report this post

Nepotism  
Years ago

Joey needs to look at recruiting elsewhere besides QLD giving contracts to all his mates
Co captain TEYS what a joke, hardly gets on the court as he cant play properly, gets spanked in Premier league let alone NBL
I feel sorry for the guy who owns the sixers
they need the same people who tore the crows apart to come in and do it to the sixers
Start at the top, cant coach just yells at refs, looks like a court jester
Go Creeky , go McDaniel, go anyone except the team that is full of useless people that isn't worth supporting
I would rather watch a team full of locals play with a couple of imports and have a crack instead of a bunch of FIGJAM people who arent

Reply #767670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Gets spanked in Premier League"

Stopped reading here.

Reply #767672 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"The season thus far has disappointed because it has suggested early there is a 2-tier comp ahead.“

Yes, that was my thought after (most of) the first two rounds. There really does appear to be a gulf between the cashed up teams and the rest. Still, past seasons have seen a lot of ups and downs for all teams, cashed up or not. And injuries can make a big difference - as with Melbourne vs SEM game last week. So let's hope the next few rounds are more interesting and competitive and the league ends up being tighter than it looks right now.

Reply #767695 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

If we got rid of Moore and replace with a decent slasher true 3 spot we are back in business. Make Ramone an assistant coach who trains, then can be injury cover + also be awaiting citizenship for next season.

Reply #767697 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Gets spanked in Premier League"

"Stopped reading here."

x2

Reply #767719 | Report this post

Krazy  
Years ago

Clearly lacking one good Australian along with the lack of clear direction in imports.

Can't blame Joey, If the owner doesn’t want to spend the money to be competitive.

Only one game in but going as expected.

Reply #767808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey is inadequate.

Reply #767815 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I feel sorry for the guy who owns the sixers
What drama hasn't been self-inflicted though? Isn't it the same guy who gave Joey a payrise and then wasn't sure he wanted him coaching leading to animosity that I'd guess bleeds through the group. Then the Creek saga which couldn't have helped.

Reply #767855 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide teams have been doing alot of self-inflicted damage lately...

Reply #767859 | Report this post

The Ibek-Way  
Years ago

Wasn't the Taylor/Randle swap an ownership decision as well? Coaching staff also got shocked by it?
Feels like Wright might not be the one at fault here

Reply #767866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Early season but the addition of White and Dillon not looking good. Drimic hasn't improved since college and McVeigh is barely DP standard. It makes it hard to coach and get results. Froling not showing anything this season either. There only one down but having Sixers doing well is good for the league.
Jet lag could have been part the problem though.

Reply #767871 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Coach Joey : "Did you know Jerome Randle is available." He said to 36ers owner.

Reply #767877 | Report this post

Krazy  
Years ago

The owner is a tightass and just wants to make money, Look at the Childress signing, spend money and make it back through success.

Reply #768024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ownership is the problem in Adelaide.

Ownership inherited a team one win from a title and look at it now. A lot out of Joey's control.

I appreciate their predicament, NBL teams lose a lot of money and the owner is probably trying to make it sustainable. However the balance isn't right at the moment.

Reply #768025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754