Mark
Years ago

NBL TV coverage is poor

1 week over and the NBL must address the poor tv coverage
The picture quality was terrible for Perth v Hawks game.
The sound was even worse. The commentators did nothing but talk constantly. But thankfully the sound quality was so poor it was hard to hear them
LK and NBL sort it out.

Topic #46060 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

No commentary/clean feed link:

https://www.twitch.tv/nblcostream

Reply #767822 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

That Phoenix home game had nothing but the same music playing in the background and Perth had Jenny Screen talk over Lachie Reid every time...

Where are the better commentators ?

No I don't mean NZ

Reply #767823 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Thanks for the tip, now how does one twitch? I feel old.

Reply #767849 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Either you can watch on desktop or download the Twitch app.

Reply #767867 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Hey Cram - I know what you mean. I asked my kids and they're all over it. Maybe yours can help too!

Reply #767879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sbs are doing a good job and have improved every game. I'm also seeing almost all the other channels covering NBL highlights in sports news.

Reply #767892 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Can't comment on the streaming quality as I've only watched TV coverage. That said, SBS coverage has also been fine for me on TV.

Commentary doesn't really worry me as I can see what's happening and just mentally tune them into background most of the time. Exceptions are when someone says something particularly dumb or particularly insightful.

On that front, I think Gaze is doing better this year, since his coaching stint with the Kings. On thegames of his I've seen, he's given more interesting tactical observations in his commentary and less hyperbole. I liked Jenni Screen on whatever game I heard her on at the weekend. Also added more value for me than she subtracted. Beyond that, I don't recall anyone else saying anything that added real value to what I could see for myself on the TV.

Reply #767914 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I have to agree that Twitch is the way to go. The live game discussion needs more sensible contributors, so knowledgeable fans are welcome.

Reply #767919 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

In the Twitch stream can you still hear the on court sounds, the rebounds, the swishes the ref's whistles?

Reply #767929 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Commentary aside the stream on Twitch is also flawless.

So it's free, with feed options and running on a superior backbone by the leaders in live streaming broadcasts. It's a win.

Reply #767932 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yes Lovebroker. It's like being at the game.

Reply #767933 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"Hey Cram - I know what you mean. I asked my kids and they're all over it. Maybe yours can help too"

Haha don't have any. Might have to consult one of my mates kids. Cant work out how to turn the commentary off

Reply #768007 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You literally just go to the web page linked above by Perthworld. That's it. The commentary version is on the regular NBL channel.

Reply #768022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you can't watch games on demand using the co stream link?

Reply #768057 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Thanks for the link to twitch. I used it last night after hearing both Dwayne and Kerry were calling the Taipans/Hawks game. It was bliss!

Reply #768110 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Is that Kerry Whittle?

Reply #768129 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I think you are getting confused with Jenni Whittle ;-)

Reply #768192 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754