Anonymous
Years ago

Paul Woolpert departs Wildcats

Lead assistant coach Paul Woolpert has advised the club that he will be leaving the Perth Wildcats and returning to the United States for family reasons.

http://www.wildcats.com.au/news/article/paul-woolpert-departs-wildcats

Topic #46140 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long til Perthworld makes up a rumour about his departure being Gleeson's fault?

Reply #769837 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Saw him at members day and not one person spoke to him, he looked dejected for some reason. Only he and the club know's the situation.

Reply #769838 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This was always a strange signing - going back to the old guard instead of recruiting a younger assistant. They were already out of ideas then what happens now?

Reply #769839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure Perthworld will make a meaningless contribution to this thread as he does to all threads at some point.

Reply #769840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snap the turkey was posting as I posted.

Reply #769841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And we care about Perthworld's or your posts? Sorry. NO. I saw Woolpert at the Blitz and he wasn't very involved even then. Are Perth now down to only 5 Asst Coaches?

Reply #769842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should hire someone quality like Bill Tomlinson.

Reply #769847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they have plenty of low-key development and assistant coaches, but none that can fill a lead assistant role

Reply #769848 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That's the question now.

They should hire someone quality like Bill Tomlinson.

I'm assuming that's sacrcasm - LOL! Although he was good at fetching coffee and locating misplaced wallet/keys for a forgetful Goorjian.

Reply #769851 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

How long before Perthworld applies for the job?

Reply #769855 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Way to totally not get the reference.

Reply #769864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reference to your stupidity?

Reply #769865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like to Woolpert, Woolpert
Ya like to Woolpert!

Reply #769878 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Anyone read the story about his firing from Yakima in the USA? Extraordinary stuff... https://www.yakimaherald.com/news/news_watch/sunkings-fire-coach-paul-woolpert-in-middle-of-championship-series/article_048df879-94b8-5879-81bb-ddcb1e7de987.html

Reply #769886 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I see Albany won the championship.

Reply #769910 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

I don't support everything Woolpert has done but the actions of the sun Kings owner were a DISGRACE and a case of him putting his fragile ego ahead of the team’s needs. Firing a coach midway through the finals is a pathetic act.

Reply #769914 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Great find with that link Gus. You grind as a coach with your team all season to make it to the Final and then it's yanked from right under you. Woolpert would be so disillusioned.

Reply #769935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who was the other coach with the Wildcats tonight?

Reply #770217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The video guy

Reply #770225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke Brennan i believe was the coach that isn't usually on the bench. Jacob Chance the other who has been second assistant this season.

Reply #770249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754