Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 3

Fri 7:30 - Melbourne vs Canberra

Sat 5:00 - Southside vs Bendigo
Sat 6:30 - Perth vs Adelaide

Sun 2:00 - Sydney vs Canberra
Sun 4:00 - Townsville vs Melbourne (Fox Sports)

Topic #46148 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone able to get the Southside V Bendigo live stream working?

Reply #770372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No good

Reply #770377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Working now

Reply #770380 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

so unprofessional this livestream rubbish, makes the NBL1 look like the premier league over this, surely as the highest league the WNBL should be able to get their act together and get a decent feed going if they cant get main stream tv. Waste of time trying to watch these live stream games

Reply #770390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Atkins and McGee-stafford both not named in the Lynx team for tonight but Lightning still paying > $2. Get on them.

Reply #770409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Replays available yet?

Reply #770413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh geez, again with the issues...
How can u take the wnbl seriously.

Reply #770431 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Live stream is just the score ticker down the bottom?

Are we going to get another letter from Jackson?

Reply #770434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who runs the WNBL? Is it still Maley's dad?Or is he BA ? Or is that Jan Stirling?

Anyways, they’re all doing great.

Reply #770435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously feel like the league should be shutdown.
Hasn't been run properly in a very longtime.

Reply #770436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackson n Karp.

Reply #770437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Running now At the stArt of the 2nd.

Reply #770438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Loz

Reply #770439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turner is bit of a tweener in the WNBA but she is perfect for this league

Reply #770446 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

How do I watch the stream? Asking for a friend...

Reply #770459 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Nice airball to end the game.

Reply #770461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liking those stats Ebzery, keep going. Having Atkins and Stafford willl gst them some wins.
Adelaide need langhorne.

Reply #770462 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Atkins and McGee-stafford both not named in the Lynx team for tonight but Lightning still paying > $2. Get on them.

Thanks for the tip - no books really adjusted for it. Although it just had to end up being a massive sweat and go to OT.

Reply #770463 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Adelaide deserved the win - Bri Turner is all class - but great effort by the Lynx to make such a game of it. Probably best it didn't go to 2OT because we were running out of players.

With Mansfield healthy this season and Ebzery able to play more of an attacking style she's great to watch. I hope she gains the confidence to call her own number a bit more with the Opals too. She's a better player in that mode.
Really impressed with the development of Maddie Allen too. She has come such a long way in 12 months.

Reply #770469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Completely different Sydney team today, much more desire. Up early.
Pathetic crowd once again, maybe over 100.

Should be Sydney kings women and stop playing at the uni.

Reply #770503 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Whoa! I did not see that first quarter coming.

Reply #770504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Small ball much better for flames. Planeta at c with kunek at pf and kuster at sf, all 6'2.

Reply #770505 | Report this post

On Fiyah  
Years ago

How bout those flames knocking off the champs. Great win!!

Reply #770525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville or Boomers?

Reply #770526 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Boomers are stacked, undefeated, looked great on Friday night, only one player logged more than 25 minutes so fatigue won't be a factor, and the odds say $1.14 vs $5.50
But I don't trust them enough to tip them with confidence today. Years of disappointment can't be erased in 2 rounds.
Townsville still have enough talent to do some damage, especially at home. I hope they make a contest of it like Sydney did today. Fire up, Townsville.

Reply #770541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does it make sense, in a league with only 8 teams, to have Boomers, Adelaide and Flyers stacked with opals and experienced wnba players?

Reply #770552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably because most of the opals are from down south and want to play close to home around their family and friends for home games.

Reply #770560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel bad for Seebohm, got maybe 3 players to work with.
Brassard hadn't finished picking the roster and a late preseason injury to the starting C.
Can’t do a whole lot with this years team.

Reply #770617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boomers are stacked... are they taking spots away from aussies with all the tall fern players?
My daughter and I have previously go most weeks but I have no desire to watch a team of imports play. would much prefer to watch great aussie talent. There are enough talent aussies out there that could play.

Reply #770636 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

George, Garrick, Magbegor & Conti seem like pretty watchable aussie players to me

Reply #770639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It does feel like Boomers are being used to develop NZ talent. Might be time to make NZ players count as imports?

Reply #770649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does the Boomers coach also coach a NZ agreed seemed to be lots of imports playing. Also was there a 15 year old ref on that game. Van loo got smashed going to the basket and no call.

Reply #770659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you also have the 3 youngest DAngelo 19, Price 16 and Brewster 20's so that's not true

Reply #770664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's not true? The 3 'youngsters’ you mention were not there, so not in the 10.

Reply #770665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they didn't travel today but they get the opportunity to train and develop every day and because the team is so good DAngelo and Price were able to play at the game I saw on Friday because they blew it out. I don't think the NZ girls are playing massive minutes compared to the Aussies and the imports. Flyers are no different Maley is a gun playing limited minutes, Steph Reid as well, their DP players are good NBL1 players, seems Molloy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Reply #770667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flyers don't have NZ national team players taking minutes off them

Reply #770671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so why aren't NZ players imports? serious question

Reply #770673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People from Nz can live and work here without restriction, makes sense they can play in the national league without restriction.

Boomers look good although they haven't had a tough match up yet.
Bendigo twice, Canberra who don't look right at the moment and Townsville who were predicted to come last before the season started.

Reply #770699 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Isn't it a legacy of when the Christchurch Sirens were in the league?

Reply #770702 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Have to agree with comments re boomers looking like a development side for the tall ferns, though honestly don't see what any of the NZ girls bring, Farnworth should not be taking up a spot on any Aussie roster , plenty of guards that need developing for the Opals that could use that spot
Same as Beck , she is out of her depth in WNBL .

They better hope Allen stays sound

Reply #770795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754