UseTaHoop
Years ago

Monday night games

Are Monday night games worth playing (apart from spreading the games out over the weekend/ shortening the season)?

Are they evenly distributed amongst the teams?

If these games aren't useful for the local market, should the NBL play them to suit the US market?

Topic #46154 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

More hoops = good.

Reply #770068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks play 1 Friday home game and 1 Saturday home game

Reply #770072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Monday night games are awesome. If they are played every second week in a regional area to guarantee a crowd it'd be a perfect way to promote the game.

Reply #770075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the Monday and Thursday night games. I'd prefer for all sides to play each other four times as well so more of Thursday and Monday is fine by me. Don’t load the Thursday, Monday games on same teams share it equally.

Reply #770076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^same

Reply #770079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"a regional area to guarantee a crowd"

Thats the problem. It doesn't appear they are.

Reply #770081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saturday games sell out in those towns? I must have missed something.

The maths is pretty simple...lose 1K in Illawarra or Cairns vs lose 5K in the city by playing on Monday...

Reply #770105 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Thursday night and Monday night games are not about how many people turn up to the venue. They are for the TV/Fox/Kayo/Facebook viewers and hoops fans that follow the NBL as a whole and keeps momentum up similar to the Big Bash.

Nothing worse than a 5 day break between games because you almost forget the season is on.

Wake up for god's sake!!!

Reply #770152 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754