B-ball fan
Years ago

jack mcveigh

I'm legit a basketball fan so I’ll give him credit for the way he has been playing an the intensity he brings but he is an absolute flog he is not an established name to be acting the way he does.

He will sit back one day and watch him self with his kids in his 2nd year as a pro acting like an absolute wanker and wish he had more class.

Playing well but is acting like a flog

Topic #46160 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed looks a toser... get a name get a game before becoming Mr flex

Reply #770153 | Report this post

Jetts Dreads  
Years ago

Has potential but needs to dial down the flog factor

Reply #770155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wasn't flexing against Sydney, the commentary were making excuses for him. Agreed since then he’s done much better but he’s an arrogant tosser.

Reply #770156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is very cringe at stages. True pros, play it cool, they expect the big plays to happen. He's young though, so unless he has someone whisper in his ear, he won't know any better.

Reply #770161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a FLOG!!! #BIGDICKEHAD

Reply #770165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good on him I reckon. Yeah a bit foolish but so what.

Reply #770184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a flog!

Reply #770189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"and it would serve him right if an opposition player punched him in the mouth. Its only a matter of time"

yikes

Reply #770194 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Alfonso cultured in the ways of Philippines basketball I see

Reply #770207 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You beat me to it - I was about to post "Spot the Filo"

Reply #770210 | Report this post

Heard the guy talk? He's amped all the time. The poster boy for ADHD. I don't think he can help it!

Reply #770212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Jacks one hyped dude on and off the floor. Misunderstood a little with his antics. Can ball.

Reply #770227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack needs to lay of the crystal meth

Reply #770240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack is a great dude, and is a high energy guy. You can't keep everyone happy, so I’m glad he’s balling. He works hard and loves the game!

Reply #770247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack mcwave. Just stop arm flapping. P l ay hard p l ay with energy but get rid of the theatre.

Reply #770248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's disappointing to see so many grown men ripping into a kid this bullying tactics.
Most Aussie players are so boring at least he brings something new.
People on here complain about anything,
Does anyone on here remember being young and having fun

Reply #770268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine a 23yr old having fun, while playing professional basketball...

Reply #770272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can have fun by not behaving like a pratt.

Reply #770284 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I reckon he's great, his acting in the latest 36ers merch ad is Oscar worthy!

Reply #770287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can have fun by not behaving like a pratt.

You sound really old

Reply #770295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A true Australian brat is Nick Kyrgios
Are you saying jack is the same as him?

Reply #770296 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's obvious watching him that McVeigh is choc full of nervous energy and doesn't know what to do with it all rather than intentionally trying to act like a knob. You could see him flinching a bit on the bench.

Ease up on him.

Reply #770301 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Not enough emotionless robots in the NBL I reckon. Stop being such an individual, Jack.

Reply #770310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find him hilarious. Praising the high heavens after hitting a regulation 3 or lay-up. Should be more of it.

Reply #770314 | Report this post

Joe Right  
Years ago

Fits in with Adelaide's culture.

Reply #770322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacks great, will become a cult player if he stays at the 6ers, maybe a bit excitable but how refreshing to see such positive energy, individualism and ability come together in professional sports today.
I reckon all you non-achieving, armchair critics clearly dont know Jack and as usual want to attack on social media under anonymity.
Jack will become a gun, a leader and a cult figure at the 36ers and those attacking him now will see this over time.
Could he tone it down a little, maybe, but those that know him know he is a great team mate, works harder on his game than most pro's, is a funny clown and a humble guy.
You will see. Back off.

Reply #770343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacky boy stop posting on this board and put the meth pipe down

Reply #770357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacks dad posting, anyway didn't he say was stepping stone to the Nba, hopefully Adelaide got this contract better organised than Creeks.

Reply #770359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL is a dream stepping stone to the nba for all the NBL players and so it should be

Reply #770371 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

"is a funny clown and a humble guy"

Yeah, you can't be both and there is nothing humble about how he reacts to a non-clutch play. Thanks for your contribution Jack's dad.

Reply #770708 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Mcwave - funny clown. Yeah thats about right. He playing basketball - not in a circus.

Reply #770709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The funniest thing about this whole conversation is not the focus on the subject but the people posting about it. You have a 23/24 yr old kid that clearly loves the game, giving his heart and soul for his team and performing incredibly well. Probably the most improved player in the league right now.

Then trolls want to come onto a forum and anonymously say negative things about him.

Keep doing what you doing Jack, these trolls are just losers, the joke is here is on these guys.

Trolls keep posting, you do entertain when we laugh at you, and even more so when we occasionally find out who you actually are.

Reply #770717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually you can be both humble and funny. Your opinion doesn't make it a fact.

Reply #770725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes he brings a lot on himself, it's good to be confident but you don’t need to be sticking it up noses every time you make a shot, he wasn’t that good on game just gone. He’s nearly 25 by the way as well, young but not a kid anymore. Defensively he’s got a lot to work on.

It’s also an open forum, you are allowed a point of view as long as it’s with in reasonable opinions and not slanderous.

Reply #770728 | Report this post

The Ibek-Way  
Years ago

Guy's gonna be a club legend, just you watch

Reply #770738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has just turned 23 so I don't know how that is nearly 25.

Let’s get rid of Jack and go get a team of emotionless heartless players like DJ!!!!!! NO!!!!

Jack is a great guy and communicates so well across a spectrum of age groups. I have my fingers crossed he plays again in the PL with the Rockets. A great well spoken guy who just happens to be a talented basket baller

If you read this rubbish Jack ignore the haters.

Reply #770782 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

There's some evidence for some ADHD issues with him, but I'd take him over any other role player we have without question.

Reply #770786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do like the passion but he presents himself like a proper twat.

Reply #770814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks mum

Reply #770832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks mum

Reply #770833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is jack autistic? serious question

Reply #770842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754