Alfonso Ball
Years ago

Hassle?

Have any of you guys noticed that NBL play-by-play commentator Dwayno Russell says hassle instead of hustle? At least once a game Dwayno will say something like "Martin chases down the rebound with great hassle." Surely he means hustle right? I don't watch AFL - do you have hassle in the AFL or something? What the hell Dwayno talking about? Hassle? Every single game I have watched this year with Dwayno as play-by-play guy he has used the word hassle - sometimes multiple times. Tonight he used it on a Martin rebound - last week when he did it Homicide semi-corrected him by basically repeating what Dwayno had said but with the word hustle in place of hassle and I was hoping Dwayno got Homicides hint but apparently not because like I said he did it again tonight. Its really annoying me. Someone needs to tell him. Its hustle not hassle you weirdo.

Has Dwayno been watching NBA games for research and has heard hustle said in an American accent? Even Americans don't sound like they are saying hassle when they say hustle though do they? What the hell? Hassle?

Oh my God I hate Dwayno. And do we really need to hear the life stories of every import when Dwayno is calling? Fine tell us what college they went to or whatever but not their life story - especially if they found their father murdered when they were a kid or something. Dwayno gave me nightmares with his import life stories last year. I don't need to know stuff like that - Jesus Christ.

And "Young Talent Time"? "Top of the pops" - who is supposed to understand these ancient references? I'm old as hell and I barely remember Young Talent Time. Top of the Pops? What?

But yeah hassle. Hassle? Does anyone know what Dwayno is talking about? He means hustle right?

Topic #46163 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the ficticious name. Both La Melo and you have no skin in this game. Nor any game. Dwayno says HI! MF.

Reply #770242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dwayne likes making up terms and redefining words. I'm surprised he hasn't used the term from the paint to refer to a 3 point attempt like he does a kick from outside 50 in footy (which no one else does). Also inflicted choas ball onto the world of AFL.

There's probably a reason 3,200 post thread complaining about him on BigFooty (+ a 1000 post previous thread)

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dwayne-shit-commentator-russell-part-2-in-3d.860047/

Reply #770244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did notice Screen say that either Martin or Cotton would be "versing" Roberson last night. Cringe!

Reply #770275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ, one commentator calling , one expert in the both and one on the sideline. It works fine, they could save a heap and get rid of half the useless guys they have now.

Reply #770282 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

There's a bit of strange stuff around. Suspect part of it comes from the voice [whoever it is] attempting to 'colour it up' or add a distinctive 'flavour' of their own.

The guy calling the Adelaide game on ABC radio [you read that right!] last night kept on referring to the quarters as 'frames', as in 'late in the the first frame' when approaching quarter time.

Thought I'd cut into a snooker comp, though admittedly there was a fair bit more action and a lot more noise, including that crazy music blanketing the game.

Reply #770304 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

There's a bit of strange stuff around. Suspect part of it comes from the voice [whoever it is] attempting to 'colour it up' or add a distinctive 'flavour' of their own.

The guy calling the Adelaide game on ABC radio [you read that right!] last night kept on referring to the quarters as 'frames', as in 'late in the the first frame' when approaching quarter time.

Thought I'd cut into a snooker comp, though admittedly there was a fair bit more action and a lot more noise, including that crazy music blanketing the game.

Reply #770305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not even sure last night's commentators were in the same room. There was a lack of normal conversation flow. It's like they didn't know when it was their turn to talk.

Reply #770316 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754