Jack Toft
Years ago

Phoenix v Sixers

The Honeymoon is over for the Phoenix. Three wins in a row (all in Melbourne) and then they get whipped in Perth. Sounds like an AFL Collingwood team. The Sixers were able to secure three wins in a row on Friday night with a stirring victory over Cairns at home in front of another great crowd.

So far this round all games have been won by the home team and only Sydney has left the league down by not scoring the ton to get the win. Please refer all complaints to the Bogieman. That doesn't set the scene well for the Sixers. The average score has been 102:85 so the wins have been good solid wins. Will the Sixers fall to the trend, or will they buck it? Will the Phoenix hit a wall, or will they rise from the ashes?

The Melbourians have got behind SE Melbourne with good crowds going to their games with another big one expected today. Game wise they are exciting, but do they have the depth to be serious contenders or did the Perth scouting report highlight some chinks in their armour? Joey and the crew would be pouring over the tapes and coming up with plans, but I think the trend of this round will continue today. Sadly for Sixers fans that means a hometown win, but let's get that gap in that average score of 102 to 85 down to single figures.

Topic #46177 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That post was a load of $%$%

Reply #770487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AB, take your meds mate and settle down.

Sixers will win this and show once again that Joey going to get them semi finals bound. Neither side great defensively but Sixers are better. Johnson is looking forward to the Pineau battle with the thought of how many can I get my season average up. SEM only chance is shoot this lights out. Sixers by thirteen.

Reply #770488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin focused on shutting down creek while everyone else sticks to SEM's shooters

Reply #770490 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Is alfonso ball luke martin?

Reply #770491 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Mitch Creek going to dominate today. SEM by 15pts.

Reply #770492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix should get this win.

Reply #770493 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Phoenix by 20

Reply #770496 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Is alfonso ball luke martin?

Ha! I already said that in another thread earlier.

Reply #770508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS Dwayne

Reply #770509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or is 0 defence being played?

Reply #770510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
No defence.

Reply #770513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We must have missed that post Perthworld it's normal to scroll past your shit.

Reply #770515 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

I would love to see Gibbos scoring average against Sixers compared to other teams, especially his 3pt shots, as he seems to always hit a couple against the Sixers. It's like he just saves them up until he plays them.

Reply #770518 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Gibbo back to normal now. Missed his last 2 attempts.

Reply #770520 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ramone Moore's really pulling his finger out this season good to see.

Reply #770523 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Good to see Childress around. Classy guy.

Reply #770527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitchell coaching very well, sitting guys that aren't performing.

Reply #770529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lmao off at Alfonso.......it's obvious that he’s been let out of some sort of institution for the weekend. What a load of shit.

Reply #770530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs have lost the plot

Reply #770531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"All of a sudden", you know slowly over the last quarter and a half

Reply #770532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every game we have periods in the 3rd and or 4th that undoes all of the good stuff from the first half . DJ is a liability on D , does not even bother to try and play any . Personally i think we would be a much better team without him

Reply #770533 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

We're really one scorer off the bench away from being a competitive team.
Dillon is clearly much worse than expected, to the point where he's barely even playable, which leaves Froling and McVeigh as the only guys you can rely on to score off the bench.
Starting 5 is good enough, but we need better Aussies.

Reply #770534 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Griffin's not much chop either not the sharpest mind out there

Reply #770535 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I like the look of Crockett for SEM though we'd do well to offer him a contract once Wesley comes back

Reply #770537 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

How many techs called this game?

Looks like the refs are concerned it might get out of hand, but each bit of aggro has been met with teammates calming the hotheads.

Overkill

Reply #770538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 techs, the refs were out of hand

Reply #770539 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The crowds are awful. Upper tier is empty.

Reply #770540 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Whatever happened to refs communicating to settle down players?

They just seem to T them up as the first option. Players seem to be encouraging this too, at times.

Call an umpire's time out, talk to the hothead/s concerned and their captains n coaches. Give a warning if need be. Then get back on with the game, and give positive feedback when the same player/s show they can keep their cool.

Reply #770543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to let everyone down 36ers. You losers.

Well at least you 36ers fans should be happy for your man crush Mitch Creek. Creek just pumped you all hard and you fools loved every second of it didn't you. Glad I'm a Kings fan.

Reply #770544 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

What's Benson's deal? 5 games into the season and he already barely plays.
Is he just sticking around waiting for Wesley to return?

Reply #770545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin has talent but not very sharp between the ears. Even though Gaze suggested it takes time for imports to figure out the refs, two shoves in the back is a foul in any country. Johnson is a terrible defender as pointed out elsewhere, actually 36ers are poor all round on defence end.

Creek is a work horse leader and Roberson is polish. Pineau just does what I've never seen him do before though struggled against Perth the other night. Should make finals from here.

Reply #770551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*Lmao off at Alfonso.......it's obvious that he's been let out of some sort of institution for the weekend. What a load of shit."

Did Mitch Creek break his contract? Yes. Did Mitch Creek insult NBL by saying he had to go to Europe because NBA scouts eyes weren't on NBL? Yes.

Reply #770553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to let everyone down 36ers. You losers.

Well at least you 36ers fans should be happy for your man crush Mitch Creek. Creek just pumped you all hard and you fools loved every second of it didn't you. Glad I'm a Kings fan.

- Yeah that was me - I forgot to log in.

Reply #770565 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers lazy and Pinboy killed us with the Oboards.

Crowd was pretty decent for 3pm Sunday arvo tbh

Reply #770574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 565, be careful when insinuating facts publicly when you don't know them. Did Mitch have an outclause? Yes, did he exercise it? Yes

Reply #770576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lmao at Alfonso still

Reply #770577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benson
Minutes: 4.59
FG: 0-1
Rebounds: 2

Is he on the plane yet!?

Reply #770579 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Anyone figured out what ikuro is?

Reply #770582 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

PW

According to Wiki:

Ikuro Takahashi (高橋幾郎 Takahashi Ikuro in Japanese) (born in 1957, Kamisunagawa, Hokkaido) is a drummer and percussionist based in Sapporo, also plays electronic and oscillators. He has been a central member of many groups from the Tokyo psychedelic underground from the early eighties.

Reply #770616 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The sponsor.

Reply #770628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really poor loss for the 36ers in this one. If they had any chance of being a real threat this was the sort of game they simply had to win. Phoenix coming off a hiding and travel back from Perth... same old middle of the pack routine

Reply #770703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754