Anonymous
Years ago

Props to SBS Viceland coverage of Basketball this year

1 NBA and 2 NBL games every Sunday

#I'mLovingIt

Topic #46179 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's unreal what SBS are doing plus every NBL game live on SBS on Demand too.

This is by far the best TV deal the NBL have ever had hope it continues on after the two year contract.

Reply #770569 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Agreed

I think if you're happy with increased coverage, email the network

Reply #770575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree 100% with all the above. Great work SBS.

Reply #770588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to be annoying but its hard for pubs to put it on.

Reply #770592 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I suppose it's hard when it goes from NBA to Croatian and Maltese news then to NBL.

If they had NBA followed by basketball highlights or panel shows then NBL that would be perfect for retaining nba viewers and let’s pubs chuck it on and leave it on

Reply #770593 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

To have SBS, the only network to properly utilise digital sub channels in this country, add basketball to its programming stable is the icing on the cake. Well done. Shame on you ABC/7/9/10 with your rerun hellhole cesspools.

Reply #770594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If reruns get more viewers why would they show basketball? There's a reason no big free to air channels want it.

Reply #770596 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I wasn't addressing basketball specifically. In general every other network has not even tried to create any sort of original content or theme for their additional channels. Just reruns. They're not even in HD either. Lazy.

Reply #770597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#596 no idea. Go back and watch your lawn bowls. Foxtel will lose more customers now as you don't need it to watch basketball.

Reply #770612 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Props to Viceland from me as well.
They at least seem to be trying to promote the product they own the rights to.

Reply #770641 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not to mention all the replays they show of all the NBL games (even the ESPN ones) during the week on SBS Viceland & NITV too.

Reply #770643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^
Every game replayed starting on Monday midday with two games and two each day after.

Reply #770646 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

He just said not to mention it!! Ughh....

Reply #770648 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Same sentiments from me. Well done SBS for bringing some quality coverage not seen before on FTA for the sport.

Agree with KET on perhaps the lead in programs being foreign news is perhaps not ideal, but other than that, the coverage is great, the promos are good, and both the quantity and quality is at a very high level for both NBA and NBL. And i love how they promote both leagues at the same time.

One minor drawback though, being on SBS is that there isnt a "breakfast show" of similar kind to that on ABC and the commercial networks, meaning there isnt much chance for the NBL to be talked about on a morning news sports segment because the league isnt shown on that channel.

Aside from World News, there isnt a lot of programming for some cross promotion for hoops.

Reply #770672 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah in terms of lead-in and cross-promotion the ESPN deal is vastly better. There's usually NBA as a lead-in and there are ads for the NBL games during their live NBA coverage.

Unfortunately with ESPN comes the hub.

Reply #770691 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What's ESPN got to do with the hub?

NBL still produce their own stuff, just with a new partner in IMG

Reply #770707 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I'm loving SBS’s coverage too - watching it much more than I used to!

Reply #770740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and an other good game tonight on sbs on Demand. I'm just waiting for all games to be on Viceland so it get total free to air coverage. Great work sbs. ::::))))))

Reply #770744 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What's ESPN got to do with the hub?

NBL still produce their own stuff, just with a new partner in IMG
From what I gather, ESPN mandated IMG, and the hub was part of that.

Reply #770778 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Mandated or influenced?

Where did this info come from

Reply #770781 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It came up in a Twitter discussion in round one, I don't recall who was involved.

Reply #770794 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Makes sense as ESPN would want the production done by an entity known to them to ensure quality control.

Reply #770796 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754