Anonymous
Years ago

Boone time with the hawks over?

On the broadcast it was stated Boone may never player for the hawks again. Not really surprising with how poor his been playing.

Topic #46180 | Report this topic

D2.0  
Years ago

I wasn't clear on this. Were they suggesting he would get the arse, or that the problems with his nose were longer term?

Reply #770634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes

Reply #770635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both. I have been saying it for a fair while now. He's broken.
I know he was at United in his last season.

Reply #770637 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Absolutely, it was pretty obvious last season. His signing by Hawks seemed to be a sympathy move from LK.

Reply #770638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra coach said nothing of the sort, it's all nose related, it could be an injury removal but not a sacking. Boone did look crook sitting on the bench though, still got black eyes.

Reply #770644 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Was always going to be a tough ask to pair him in the front court with Ogilvy.

Question: So now that Brooks is also injured, could they sign Deshon Taylor (I know he's signed in with another team but could he also backflip on that deal and come back to play in the NBL, where he’s got a visa sorted and also play with Melo which he did in the Drew League and is good mates with)?? Also do they play with a different front court giving more minutes to bench guys like Froling? But wait until Tai Wesley recovers, and make a play for Crockett, who again already has a Visa, and his production has been decent for SEM Phoenix?

Reply #770645 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Illawarra coach said nothing of the sort, it's all nose related, it could be an injury removal but not a sacking.

Thanks for the clarification.
Hopefully the nose heals and removal is not required.

Reply #770647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes josh is a great team man and bloke, not certain on his fit in Illawarra, plus the broken nose and age catching up hasn't helped.

Reply #770653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope he recovers.

Reply #770657 | Report this post

A.  
Years ago

They were never going to beat Perth anyway so why play an old sore player...let him rest and let him get ready for the next Hawks hiding.

Reply #770706 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Coach seems a fairly straight shooter, but the owner is a bit more shrewd, so I wonder if he's thinking that it would be worthwhile to upgrade Boone while he's injured and use that as a legitimate excuse to get a more suitable import? Crockett certainly seems like he could be great for most teams...

Reply #770732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach was a less than average player and now is a less than average coach. Nuff said.

Reply #770733 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

@Anon cause most above average payers become such great coaches!

Boone hasn't been good for the last 18 months...time to move him on

Reply #770735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes that's my point. Less than average.
I have been saying it for ages. Boone is broke. Surprised the Hawks didn't know that.

Reply #770737 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754