Anonymous
Years ago

Keith Bensons future with the Phoenix

Only 5 total minutes for the import big, surely the great Tommy Greer pulls the trigger??

Topic #46181 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is not required in my opinion.

Reply #770654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They would obviously get rid of/exchange him if they could. For whatever reason they mustn't be able too? Maybe too expensive to pay out?

Reply #770666 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Unlikely he would likely be on the usual probationary contract the vast majority of new imports are on and if so they could release him within the first 10 games of their season or before 2 months in whichever comes first.

They've likely already made the decision to cut him but haven't yet because they're probably trying to nail down his replacement as we speak. They've still got five more games up their sleeve.

Reply #770676 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Wesley situation was likely a spanner in the works as well.

Reply #770690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought it was 7 games for imports?

Reply #770692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boone a possibility for the Phoenix?

Or is he out due to that injury for the season?

Reply #770719 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It boggles my mind that Pineau has a better touch around the hoop than Benson (and I say this as maybe Pineau's biggest fan during his time at the Kings), but that does seem to be the case. The Phoenix really need size at the 5 spot though - for all Pineau's hustle, he is pretty slight and doesn't have much of a reach. He's absolutely surprised me with some of the work he did against Long in particular in the season opener, but if the Phoenix are serious about competing this year they need an import 5 man who can body up on some of the talented bigs in the league this year. It doesn't seem like that guy is Benson.

Reply #770720 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Benson is gone.

They want to get Wesley back first thou to decide which direction they go on a replacement.

Reply #770722 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Why would they wait?
Perhaps they have decided to keep Crockett?

Or maybe they're still trying to evaluate the competition? They've had a good start to the seasson, apart from the crash and burn in Perth. The next month will be telling with two more games against United, then Sydney, before their trip to Brissy.

Maybe they think Peanuts is good enough to keep starting, with Wesley at PF, and Acouth as backup. Crockett off the bench would give them a few options.

Anyone know when Wesley is due back?

Reply #771008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pick Boone up?. You can't possibly be serious.

Reply #771037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754