Topic #46189 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

:(

Reply #770787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where to now for the Hawks?

Brooks was a legit scorer, perhaps their only one who could be counted to get buckets.

Reply #770790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully that's not how Brook's career ends. This could be tough to come back from at 35.

Reply #770791 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Damn that is bad news....wish him all the best and for him to keep playing. The way he limped off was disheartening.

Even at 35 he was still a damn good scorer at the NBL level.

I honestly thought a combo of Ball and Brooks would be above average.

If losing Brooks but the HAwks are still above the league's wage floor then I would just save the money and play Naar and Dech more (but not Glover).

Naar was a 40% 3pt shooter at St Mary's I am surprised he hasn't used it as much here.

Reply #770797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Demetrius Conger wouldn't be a bad fit

Reply #770799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If losing Brooks but the HAwks are still above the league's wage floor then I would just save the money and play Naar and Dech more.."
Sorry you can't be serious.

Reply #770800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conger and Ball on same team, lol, Bevo got Conger the ball on every play, that ain't going to happen with this team. I’d like to see Dech backed in and see how he goes.

Reply #770801 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Sorry you can't be serious.

Hawks are 1-6. Playoffs are likely out of the question.
Hawks can save money by going with 1 import, people will still attend to see Melo.
This can help develop Naar and Dech, yes they aren't super stars but let's give them the rest of the year to show what they can do.

Reply #770809 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Terrible news. Nasty injury and really feel for the guy.
Didn't see exactly what happened, just saw him limping off after the collision. Looked horrible, completely unable to put any weight on it.

I don't understand all these people that want the hawks to simply give up after 4 weeks of the season.
"Developing Youth" doesn't work if your team is utter crap.
The publicity and sales generated by Lamelo, will be wasted if their is a net loss of fans after he leaves.
It doesn't suit Lamelo, or the Next Stars program, for him to be the starting PG on a crap team that gets thumped every game. He needs some highlights where he "leads his team to Victory."

So they're probably not going to make the finals. So what? Cairns probably won't either, and that didn't stop them pantsing the Cats. Should they give up also?

Reply #770811 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Dang that really sucks.

Reply #770822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad news :(
#NBL20 should help Aaron Brooks out with a job.

*Next stars mentor,recruit officer and development player mentor/trainer.
*New import mentor, recruit officer, nba scout liaison and unforeseen injury management.
*NBA team and ex NBA player liaison.
*NBA Summer league #NBL20 scout consultant ,#NBL20 commentator ,#NBL20 players in the summer leagues mentor.
*helping Australian and nz players with transitioning to the G league and or to the NBA .
Aaron Brooks could spend the #NBL season in Australia then go back to the USA for recruiting etc for the off season with his knowledge of the NBA plus NBL it's a win win for everyone. #NBL20 #seeincredible #melofactor

Reply #771071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are you hashtagging on a forum...

Reply #771073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ #googleit

Reply #771080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#aaronbrooks #NBL20 #givehimwork
I was going to write # give him a job but it didn't sound right.

Reply #771082 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754