Anonymous
Years ago

In my dreams, is Carmelo Anthony the new Hawks import?

Could it be a possibility?

Topic #46190 | Report this topic

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Good if it's true.

But why would someone who has earned probably over US$200m in his lifetime (my guess only) want to leave the US just to play for $200k or whatever Brooks was on?

Reply #770805 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Old, but probably still good enough to play NBL.

Fits with their model of Veteran Imports to mentor their young guys.

Would be a good fit in the PF role.

However with Brooks out their immediate and pressing need is combo/SG.

Hopefully they already had him lined up, and another Import will follow?

Reply #770806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liangelo would be better. Carmelo is a bum and should stick to china league.

Reply #770807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not April fools yet chums.

Boti lol.

Reply #770812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Li Angelo sucks

Reply #770813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not likely to happen ,there was talk of getting former nba players at no was all fake,this one isn't going to happen.
Unless I’m wrong.

Reply #770818 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

He wouldn't accept an NBA bench role so i don't think he will play in a lower level league. Got way too much ego to be doing that.

Reply #770820 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This sub has plenty of people that know their stuff, plenty of people that don't. But I have never seen anything like the blatant disrespect and flat out naive takes you all have on Carmelo in this thread.

Carmelo Anthony would immediately be the best player in the NBL by a fair margin if he decided to step on the floor for Illawarra (or whoever) tomorrow.

Reply #770823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti should retire

Reply #770824 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"Old but probably still good enough to play in the NBL."

I am going to explode with laughter reading this. Same age as Aaron Brooks and absolute lightyears better than him at every facet of the game of basketball, literally an NBA hall of famer and Team USA's greatest player ever, but somehow he’s old while Aaron Brooks was averaging 20 a game.

Reply #770825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP here. Title was asking whether Boti would know. No official reports though.

Reply #770826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mass text has been sent to NBL execs "don't f*** with carmelo anthony"

Reply #770827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calm down bozo.
You're very sensetive there chum.

Reply #770828 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

anon you are a dipshit. carmelo washed up old ass is barely waratah league level.

Reply #770829 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

For what it's worth, Anthony received the Mannie Jackson Award from the Naismith Hall of Fame. He has not yet been inducted into the Hall itself.

Reply #770835 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

LOL @ the haters. Melo is a basketball GOD and I would welcome the chance to worship at his church

Reply #770838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would actually be a perfect/great move for Melo if he can put his ego aside.

Play 20 games in Australia, gets his body right, show he can play still, show he has the right attitude.

Get huge exposure with Melo Ball on the same team and scouts watching every game he plays.

Wrap up the season here, then head over to the US and sign on the bench on a contender like Bogut did.

Reply #770840 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Title was asking whether Boti would know.

Reply #770846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cosby's posts are the kind of trash you would expect from someone who names themselves after a convicted sex offender

Reply #770848 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Where has Boti implied Carmelo Anthony is on his way? Nothing on his blog or twitter.

Reply #770849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aren't memes and GIFs for old school nerds.

Reply #770853 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You obviously didn't read the OP's clarification.

Reply #770862 | Report this post

Botiworld  
Years ago

Please ignore me, Perthworld and Boti Nagy.

Reply #770899 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"Carmelo Anthony would immediately be the best player in the NBL by a fair margin if he decided to step on the floor for Illawarra (or whoever) tomorrow."

What constitutes the best player? Would you expect the best to excel within a system to win games? Even in the NBA, Carmelo had a reputation as, how should we say it, non-cooperative at both ends. FIBA Carmelo was outstanding, but his role for USA was mostly as a spot-up shooter with scoring threats all around him. USA relied a lot on talent without a complicated system.

It would be good to see him in the league, and if anyone needs a volume scorer, it's the Hawks, but there are several proven winners in the NBL that I would still rate higher in this league, by a fair margin.

Reply #770903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the OP thought Boti would pop up and confirm one of the biggest basketball stories of the year in some manky forum post instead of writing it up on his social media channels or website? LMAO

Reply #770921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol

Reply #770960 | Report this post

Jobs and growth  
Years ago

Melo would be a good fit as they don't have a power forward. Would be a good replacement for Boone. And would give them two Melos.

Reply #770983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754