what the
Years ago

rule clarification required

flops are now teach fouls

1) obviously no contact trying to draw a charge with a flop - is quite clear as a potential tech

2) what if it is very minor contact or a brush past "no call" on drive - and the defender flops?
if there is contact? I suppose if there is a flop involved they are still punishable.

3) I saw a ref warn a 3 point shooter for flops - trying to get a foul after throwing the shot up.

4) does the "throwing your arms up" in the air emphasising a shot a foul count as a "flop" - some would be close!

Topic #4620 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

I have yet to see an umpire call a tech for a flop.

Reply #53569 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

I have at pasadena seen someone call a tech for a flop- it was a classic, this ump is a well respected man so il keep him anon, but the person deserved it. Absolute gold.

Reply #53570 | Report this post

Wateva  
Years ago

If ya read in the rule book it suggests that a warning should be issued on the first and a technical foul issued on the second. I've seen a flop given out by a ref even though there was heavy contact. I don't think there is any good way of enforcing the no flop rule.

Reply #53710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754