Anonymous
Years ago

The NBL should give Aaron Brooks a job

Sad news :(
#NBL20 should help Aaron Brooks out with a job.

*Next stars mentor,recruit officer and development player mentor/trainer.
*New import mentor, recruit officer, nba scout liaison and unforeseen injury management.
*NBA team and ex NBA player liaison.
*NBA Summer league #NBL20 scout consultant ,#NBL20 commentator ,#NBL20 players in the summer leagues mentor.
*helping Australian and nz players with transitioning to the G league and or to the NBA .
Aaron Brooks could spend the #NBL season in Australia then go back to the USA for recruiting etc for the off season with his knowledge of the NBA plus NBL it's a win win for everyone. #NBL20 #seeincredible #melofactor

Topic #46205 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

#whatareyouonabout

Reply #771085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the NS is dead next year NCAA r going to pay college players

Reply #771093 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Why not they give every other players that gets cut mid contract a job as a sideline reporter.

Reply #771095 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

#WTF

Reply #771114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For once Alfonso has summed it up perfectly.

Reply #771144 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Aaron Brooks
Career NBA Earnings: USD 19,913,114 (USD 22,144,869 adjusted for inflation)

Reply #771146 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I certaiƄ think we shouldn't let him just go off back to America when we could utilise his intellect and experience and seems like a humble guy too so I hope LK has something up his sleve to keep Brooks involved in the NBL.

Reply #771380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is everyone singling out Brooks? Plenty of great imports before him that could do the same "job"
Over played by a 1st year coach and now probaly fucked. Maybe he should sue for compensation as allegedly he wanted to come off the bench!

Reply #771415 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"I think the NS is dead next year NCAA r going to pay college players"

No way. Not next year and in any event, possibly never (theres been nothing concrete to suggest that).

The California bill comes into effect in 2023 and it only allows college players to make profit of their name and likeness.

So it doesn't mean that schools have to play players. Basically just means that college players can hire agents and can deal with manufacturers like Nike etc to authorise them to sell their name and make money of it - buts it so unclear because by doing so, they are arguably using the schools own IP too. So very difficult legal questions around how it all works and there will be some big battles on it for sure; (USA love some litigation)

NCAA won't be paying athletes any time soon and in any event:

1. The NCAA and schools will make the practical application of the California law so hard and difficult to protect their own $ and brand - to try to disincentivise players to try it on;

2. If it becomes a problem (hurts their bottom line etc), the NCAA will just kick California schools out of the NCAA (which will put teams and players in line and will force other lawmakers not to follow through).

Reply #771474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next stars is not dead yet still some life left in the intuitive. It's working that well the NCAA are changing rules to counter it, not bad for a small league on the other side of the world.

This is a place where someone with Aaron Brooks inside knowledge of the nba , nba teams and American basketball in general would come in handy for the NBL moving into the future for growing the sport and brand in Australia and abroad.

#NBL20 give Aaron Brooks a job

Reply #771486 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Next stars is not dead yet still some life left in the intuitive. It's working that well the NCAA are changing rules to counter it, not bad for a small league on the other side of the world.
The Next Stars program has nothing to do with what's happening in the NCAA right now.

Reply #771646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^lol
Wait you are joking right?

Reply #771669 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why would I be joking? Public sentiment has been turning against the NCAA for years now, to the point where state governments have started putting forward bills that would mandate payment for college athletes. This was coming whether Next Stars happened or not.

Reply #771670 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Brooks has played for how long in Australia?

Long enough to feel attached enough to the league and country to be some sort of ambassador/mentor/something else?

I honestly can't see any reason for him taking on this sort of role, and passionately representing the NBL.

Reply #771698 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Ok so let me get this straight -

Aaron Brooks a few mere weeks ago "This is a TRASH league. Trash league. TRASH LEAGUE" as he walks off court.

Nek Minnit, that same league.

"So you want a job?"

I don't know. I just don't think it works like that. lol. Not saying such words should put a black mark on him, but he hasn't done anything special to warrant some sort of conciliatory position with the league.

Reply #771718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754