Rain Man
Years ago

** BSA *** Wayville Roof Leaks

BSA... Please sort this out. It's an embarassment and a disgrace. How many years now has this interrupted our great game for juniors across weekends. Get it sorted. New stadiums popping up across the State which is awesome for the game, so let's sort this simple thing out. Junior games called off last night yet again. C'mon... can't be a cost thing. Fix it once and for all.

Topic #46222 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noooooooooooo is everyone ok?

Reply #771681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

every stadium has leaks, gtfoi.

Reply #771687 | Report this post

Rain Man  
Years ago

Don't think they all have leaks. The lucky thing is no-one gets injured due to it. Imagine what the recourse would be around known duty of care should it happen though? Just think it's time to sort.

Reply #771690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a tube of silicone

Reply #771692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is nothing new people. Someone will get hurt and then sue and that's what it will take to get a roof fixed at Wayville. No one at BSA will do anything. There is a duty of care to players and referees and they would rather call games off vs fixing the problem and gain revenue for played games. Hence why BSA is broke.

Reply #771693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a showgrounds problem

Reply #771699 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

The whole situation is utterly ridiculous. This has been an ongoing issue for more than a year. It's a roof leak. Get someone up there, plug the leaks and move on. It isn't that hard.
To have a Friday night where game after game of Div 1 basketball is cancelled because it is raining outside is just pathetic.

Yes it is a Showgrounds issue as they own the building, and yes apparently there are plans to replace the whole roof, but given how long this issue has been going on for - just fix the damn leaks!! BSA need to grow a set and make some demands. The show uses the facility for a week and a half once a year. Basketball is all year around. I wonder how the Showgrounds people would go without a tenant?

Games were cancelled again this morning for the exact same leaks once it started raining.

Maybe BSA looks in to repurposing the old Masters building next to IKEA and more Forestville there. Let's see how the Showgrounds people go maintaining the building with zero income...

Reply #771706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been leaks for years,they put that plastic sheet up ,it will cost them a lot of money to have it fully repaired
It's interesting BSA have no manager soon no doorkeeper and no uic soon, found out
From doorkeeper they are saving money because I asked about ongoing leaks and asked for manager
Said no manager,so they have saved up money.( was told one person has taken over all stadiums )
As from next week hearing one person is going to be employed by bsa to run whole night.So if u have a
Complaint nothing will be done.Lot of referees will be leaving.,will be umpired by school kids and parents as of next
year,times are changing .Watch out 2020 ,This will happen in juniors social district .
Don’t say I told u so ,just a early reminder of what to expect.

Reply #771728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not surprised with the person they now let run everything! All going to go south very quickly.

Reply #771730 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

730 Agree - notice BSA announcements atm all for the mates.
CEO under thumb
BSA broke - look again

Reply #771892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Anon

Is this sarcasm or not as I disagree completely

Reply #771916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was there today and no leaks!!

Reply #772035 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Unrelated to initial topic but when I use eftpos for
entry at bsa district games it always comes up on my statement as 'Basketball South Australia'. When I used eftpos for entry at Morphett Vale it came up on my statement as ‘Southern Tigers Basketball Assocation’. Are Tigers taking BSA’s money?

Reply #772043 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Perhaps they called the games off so they didn't have to play North. Close enough to a white flag as we will get

Reply #772048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

035, not really the point.

Reply #772050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Brunson. I'm sure North's girls program took a collective sigh of relief on Friday.

Reply #772051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #772059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Forestville actually got junior development got boys or is money better spent with lawyers to work the By-Laws. U12/1 boys in first 3 games are down 269 to 13. Start focussing on the kids!!!

Reply #772064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ *for* not got

Reply #772065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least it's summer so no games will be cancelled due to heat.........wait a minute.

Reply #772077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we're damn near at 2020 and still dont have proper roofs, no words

Reply #772086 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

Brunson with delusions of grandeur again....

All the boys and girls teams were keen to play. No-one pulled the pin on the game for no reason - the cascading water did that. Pretty difficult to play with water continuously falling in multiple points on the court.
For the record, games were also cancelled when it rained on Saturday morning and none of those involved the super duper all star North Adelaide teams...

Reply #772125 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Captain Obvious calm down, it was a joke. Of course boys/girls would prefer to play. The conditions were not safe so they didn't play which is fair enough.

North would have won on the boys side
Eagles would have won on the girls side

Reply #772129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754