Anonymous
Years ago

Tom Abercrombie

Serious question, is Tom A the most overrated/overpaid guy in the league outside of Todd Blanchfield? These guys never seem to deliver, but generally speaking, I often read people in this forum picking up on lack of production from bench guys, eg Jack McVeigh, however these guys haven't had big games in a long time......why do they get a pass?

Topic #46238 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh is a spud defends shadows, watch yesterday's game. Abercrombie is a gun always has been and still is though slowing with age. You want to go back and watch darts it’s probably more your game.

Reply #772066 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Tom plays 30 minutes and takes 6 shots? Says it all about how involved in the game he isn't. Ballhandling is so weak that his go to offence is a slow release three. He relies on someone else creating and kicking the ball to him. RJ Hampton and Henry both have deficiencies penetrating during Q4 so it is left to Corey Webster to do it all. Corey can't seem to use a screen very well and his decision making is always suspect against an half decent on ball defender.

Reply #772067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love it how you think a player's value is measure by how many shots he takes. Put it this way, NZ didn't extend his contract based on his FGA.

Reply #772069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 or 4 years ago Tom A was the man if you needed a clutch 3 to ice the game. He's faded a bit but he's still a threat.

The story with his wife calling out the two "Instagram girls" who tried to get him into a threesome also made me chuckle.

Reply #772070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was great. I'm guessing his roomie was Rob Loe!

Reply #772072 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Is his wife the girlfriend from years ago the Sky cameras would allows pan to multiple times in every game at North Shore?

Reply #772076 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

"I'm guessing his roomie was Rob Loe!"

Gold!

Reply #772087 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

If Tom's contract wasn't extended, the less knowledgeable members of the Breakers fanbase would have lost their collective shit all over social media.

They're already disturbed that Vukona, Pledger, Ili, Vickerman, Henare, Flavell, Fitchett, TeRangi and Boucher have all walked away from the Franchise and don't care much for change.
Signing him on longer did a fair bit to appease them.

Last 2x seasons he was guilty of being far to passive and basically being a passenger. This season he has been far more aggressive offensively without taking shots away from Webster/Hopson/Ashley and Henry and his defense has been as good as it has ever been.

Reply #772093 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754