Duke Fan
Years ago

Lakers V Spurs

Trying not to get too excited yet after years of mediocrity, but an away win over a good Spurs team is a very positive sign. A rejuvenated Dwight Howard is going a long way to filling the hole of not grabbing that 3rd star everyone said was needed.

Praying to the injury gods as always but the group they have on the floor right now is legit

Topic #46244 | Report this topic

Cram  
Years ago

Its a good start. If Kuzma can knock down the three ball consistently and play some half decent D and Dwight Howard can keep up the good play and keep his head all season they're a legit chance.

A closing line up of Bradley, Green, Kuz, LBJ and Davis is pretty deadly

Reply #772144 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The two keys for the Lakers this year are KCP and Kuzma. If KCP finds some form (As he has to given what he has been paid) and Kuzma shows huge growth in his game then watch out [KCP had a better game today].

You know what you're going to get with the likes of LBJ and AD and most of the others; but its those unknown parts that hold the key.

Reply #772145 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I think if they're relying on KCP being consistently good they'll be in trouble. And I don't think they need him to be great to be honest.

A core rotation of AD, LBJ, Kuz, Bradley, Green, Rondo, McGee, Dwight is good, and then you just hope you get 1-2 decent contributions out of guys like KCP, Daniels, Caruso, Dudley and Cook.

Reply #772148 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

I read an article a few weeks ago about AD and his injury history, over the course of his career it said he has had 40 injuries (1 per month). If they can rest him and keep him healthy then I think they will be there in the WCF.

Reply #772165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754