Anonymous
Years ago

Stadium Rankings - Adelaide

With the amount of activity with new stadiums and upgrades in the last 12 months or so how do people now rank the 10 district club homes. Lots of criteria to consider but for me it's

1. The Lights
2. Mount Barker
3. St Clair’s
4. The ARC
5. Starplex
6. Morphett Vale
7. Forestville
8. Port Adelaide
9. Pasadena
10 Marion

Topic #46249 | Report this topic

Brunson  
Years ago

Depends on the criteria. My criteria would be a variety of being modern, number of courts, condition of the courts/venue.

1. The Lights
2. St Clair
3. Mount Barker
4. Wayville
5. Pasadena
6. Starplex
7. The ARC
8. Morphett Vale
9. Port Adelaide
10 Marion

Reply #772198 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

I'd suggest something like the following. St. Clair marked down due to a floor that causes injuries to players.

1. The Lights - Excellent
2. Mount Barker - Excellent
3. Pasadena - Solid but could use glass backboard on all courts
4. Starplex - still decent
5. St. Clair - hard floor a real issue
6. Wayville - Rain rain go away
7. The ARC - New but not great for basketball
8. Morphett Vale - Courts ok, could do with a facelift

Big Gap

9. Port Adelaide - new floor in a terrible stadium. Wasted money.
10 Marion - New floor in a terrible stadium. Wasted money.

Reply #772205 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

11. AEC

Reply #772217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't seen the Lights or Mt Barker in person so will go with popular opinion and say they're very good. Arc and St Clair get marked down for flooring, cmon, don't skimp on crappy flooring in otherwise great facility, albeit architects that stuffed up extra courts at Arc should be shot. Starplex still a jewel 20 years on. Wayville and Pasadena need a facelift in terms of air conditioning and sorting out roof. Port and Marion just polishing turds with new flooring, they're still both shit. At least Port scrounged some comfy seating.

Reply #772291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not sure how Pasadena can rank higher than Starplex:

Pasadena - no Aircon
Pasadena - Courts 2 and 3 roof levels are low. Cannot host nationals as a result
Pasadena - Roof issues all problems Starplex does not have

Reply #772699 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Because who wants to go out to starplex lol

Reply #772700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I had a choice I would travel the extra few minutes to go to Starplex. Apart from what is stated above better carparking and food area and don't get me started on Pasadena Refs!

Reply #772723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The lights is an excellent facility, as a West person I'm very jealous. Absolutely puts St Clair to shame, sprung floors and the showcourt has an upstairs/bar area not glassed off, meaning there can be some atmosphere for games! Port Adelaide Enfield showing Charles Sturt how its done.

Reply #772768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

some of the worst stadiums in vic are better than most of what you've got in sa. It’s pretty bad over there.
W.a has better stadiums ffs.
Some qld and nsw get updated but still lacking.

Reply #772770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less chance of the locals chucking bottles on courts at St Clair though. Always a bonus

Reply #772771 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The Lights is an impressive facility seems to have learnt from the ARC and St Clares developments.

Reply #772774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from the obvious issues with the ARC is that for some of us the notion of this being the home of Norwood doesn't sit well with me when those persons playing on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday never get to play a home game at home.

Reply #772849 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:24 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754