Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball ring/hoop for young kids

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions for a good value for money basketball hoop for young kids to play in the back yard?

I saw this one being sold at Target which looked suitable from the photo, but according to the reviews it is quite flimsy and the rim breaks easily.

https://www.target.com.au/p/basketball-system/61531918?utm_term=61531918&utm_content=basketball-system

Topic #46270 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kmart

Reply #772734 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I have recently tested quite a few and found that almost all Portable Acrylic boards are so flimsy that bank shots off the board do not have that natural bounce/feel to it.

The only one that comes close that is portable is the glass version on by Spalding but it is expensive.

Reply #772746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Support the NBL and it's sponsors buy it from Kmart

Reply #772751 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Look for a more premium one second-hand on Gumtree?

Reply #772754 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Back when I was buying one for the lad, I saw many, many used acrylic ones looking very shabby indeed in driveways all around my area. I bit the bullet and went for a Goalrilla setup. Not at all cheap by any stretch, but I have not regretted it for an instant. Looks as good now as when I bought it 3 years ago.

Reply #772775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like Kmart doesn't sell these any more :(

Well at least according to their website. Might have to pop into a store

Reply #772777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vuly portable system has been great so far had it for 12 months. The perforated metal backboard is great doesn't become a sail in windy weather and therefore doesn’t blow over. Has a glass backboard and system for about the 3 months before it brok

Reply #772778 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754