Jack Toft
Years ago

Brisbane v Sydney Nov 8

A wounded Kings outfit head north of the border to square up. It's the cockroaches vs the banana benders.

Brisbane had a great round last weekend. Two from two with Hoops favourite Jason Cadee scoring like an Italian Stallion at a disco. 17 points and 16 points. Sydney not so good. Brave Adelaide pushed them the OT and should have won off off the final play, then the cocky soy latte sippers made sure they weren't undefeated anymore.

The battle for fourth spot is hotter than an old car in Innaminka in January. Melbourne are making their run with Adelaide and New Zealand right behind, with Cairns even fancying themselves. Only the Hawks are playing for draft picks.

Gee you would think Sydney won't like losing two in a row, and that could happen if the Iceman loses his cool once again. Some cool heads are needed from Sydney and all Brisbane need to do is poke the bear.

But Sydney are Sydney and there's plenty of season left for them to implode, shoot themselves in the foot and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as another championship slips through their fingers, so tonight, knowing they need to get all their fans' hopes up prior to Christmas, should do so with a stirring win.

Sydney by 5

Topic #46294 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #773053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is DiDi playing?

Reply #773061 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Who is hurt in Sydney other than Lisch? Who is covered by Deshon anyway.

Reply #773065 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Do you feel the Buzz man?

Reply #773068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't compare Lisch and Deshon Taylor, one was cut by Adelaide and on first game at Sydney looked shakey, the other is one best players in the league.

This probably will be another close game but I think Sydney will bounce back, let’s hope Weaver keeps his composer and the kings should win it down the stretch. Kings by 15.

Reply #773071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"let's hope Weaver keeps his composer"

Hahahaha

Reply #773078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didi will play?

Reply #773080 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

"let's hope Weaver keeps his composer"

He's got Boghoven composing, so should be okay.

Reply #773082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal's keys to the game for Sydney were "limit Cadee"

He really likes him hey

Reply #773086 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

You can leave Bogut open all night. Can't shoot. Can’t drive to hoop. Rarely rebounds. No threat. Bullets looking good so far. Kings taking average shots at best

Reply #773087 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

38-28. Game over.

Reply #773089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why this idiot bogut is on the floor

Reply #773090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else losing coverage,

Reply #773093 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kings are struggling now after holding an unbeaten record since Iceman lost his cool in NZ.

Reply #773095 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Why do we get lumped with Rosen again? I'd rather Jenny Whittle. *

* I would not rather Jenny Whittle

Reply #773098 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm guessing Bogut is on a minutes restriction? Bullets killing us inside when he's off, and shooting the shit out of it to boot.

Reply #773099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kings are struggling now after holding an unbeaten record since Iceman lost his cool in NZ."

Can someone translate to English please?

Reply #773100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

knockdown, this is Sydney 18/19, morons do not have big balls to win the championship

Reply #773101 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

^^^ #hottake

Reply #773102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings will have a 6-6 record in a few weeks time

Reply #773103 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'll hold that against you if it doesn't happen, anonymous poster.

Kevin Martin looks like he could suit up and drop 30 in this 2nd half.

Reply #773104 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Nah, if the slide continues Will Wheaton will just intimidate everybody with another potential hulk smash to get all of the calls.

Reply #773106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"if they hold us...."

Weaver blames the refs for everything.

Reply #773107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Violets have crumbled early this season.
Like I said earlier, if you have a team that clearly can't play D, and the stats suggest otherwise, then its clear they've had rubbish opponents.
Bogut being exposed as the hasbeen we all suspected. Maybe thats what passes for defence in the NBA and hell get another call back.

Reply #773108 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I love all the hoops hot takes after a single half of ball.

Reply #773109 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Hodgson back to the bench, 4 fouls in 14 minutes.

When will he learn / when will someone take responsibility to teach him to cut this shit out?

Reply #773110 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tie game, let's go Violet Crumbles!

Reply #773112 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Anon tell us more about the Kings.

Reply #773113 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

How bad has Brisbane been in the third quarter. I can't remember the last time I’ve seen shooting so poor.

Reply #773114 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ben Hodgson did the same playing for Adelaide. It's on the Bullets for recruiting him.

Reply #773115 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The Rubber Bullets - sounds legit out of the barrel, but fail to penetrate on impact.

Still a Q to go, but that was solid from Sydney, really ramped up the D.

Reply #773116 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Yes Rosen, Everyone is so great, we all are in love!
What a joke commentator!
I'd rather be locked in a room watching Tommy eating chocolate in the MG add, than listen to Rosen.

Reply #773117 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Bonehead Hodgson strikes again. Fouls out yet again with 6 minutes left in the game. Well done lad.

Reply #773119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This blonde ref is way out of her depth.

Reply #773120 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Kings will have a 6-6 record in a few weeks time"

To be fair, 7-5 still a possibility. #hottake

Reply #773121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah go to the Weaver thread, the blonde ref let's the game flow! Armchair experts daf

Reply #773123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley and Moller defensively magnificent, got kings back in and off course Bogut. I like to see a 1 percenters stat, Moller would be through roof.

Reply #773124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

George you went off way too early champ haha

Bogut was terrible other than leading his team in Rebounds, Blocks, Steals, +- (+14)

Another day another road win for the MVP!

"But he didn't score any points!" Said a whinging high pitch voice who enjoys playing fantasy basketball and laying in bed watching Steph Curry crossover highlights on YouTube muttering to himself now that's real basketball right there"

Reply #773130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Moller a lot but his parents post on here way too much! Oh and FYI you can't stat 1 percenters, they're not a real thing. They are a made up thing to give some love to players when make a lot less money cause they can't score. "You do the 1 percenters which is why you're so crucial to us! Sorry we can't pay you more, it's all spent on the guys who do the 20 percenters!"

Please see player salaries of -

Aaron Grabau
Dillon Boucher
Cam Tovey
Galen Young
Reuben Te Rangi
Craig Moller
Greg Hire
Dave Gruber

Reply #773131 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

My son was certainly excellent today, doing a lot of those made up things at crucial moments.

Reply #773132 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Oh and FYI you can't stat 1 percenters, they're not a real thing.
They are, and you can.

Reply #773134 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sydney's lost one game and that was with Didi sitting the 2nd half and a fresh-off-the-plane Taylor

Newley keeps playing like that and it'll get very difficult for the rest of the league

Reply #773174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have statted for a long time stats that are unstatable as some seems to think untrue.
How many deflections, what time was left on the shot clock when shot taken, bad shots, dives on the ball and the list goes on.
1%'ers are real and statable.

Reply #773180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754