Boo
Years ago

Most hated team?

Is there any team more worthy of hate than this souless, manufactured and dreary basketball "team"?

I am at the Sixers vs. United game and the crowd and atmosphere is weak as piss, they don't seem to understand the game, I mean anything other than AFL is usually too complicated for Victorians but I actually heard someone in the crowd ask "how come they get 3 points sometimes and 2 other times?" - this wasn't a child either... I don't support either club, or any NBL club for that matter but wow, I've never been more bored at a basketball game.

This United team has just been thrown together and is obviously worth significantly more than any other team. The blatant favouring by the officials is clear as day.

Topic #46310 | Report this topic

Alright?  
Years ago

Adelaide.
So much fake bravado, embarrassing front office and Drimic's facial hair

Reply #773425 | Report this post

Botiworld  
Years ago

Gotta be Perth. Too many titles.
Though the team I love to hate is Adelaide.

Reply #773427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth
(daylight)
absolutely anyone else

Reply #773445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can assure you that you were NOT there and I can also assure you that you DO support one of the clubs, just judging by the salt. If I had to support a team who had Jerome Randle, then daylight.. then Drmic, and nothing behind him, I would be salty too. If Jerome is off, you don't have a chance, despite how naive you want to be.

I just came from the game, and the crowd was loud and engaged. That's how I know you were there. And even if the "why do they get two points on some and three on others" comment was real, which I doubt since the rest of your post is BS, how do you judge an entire state on one comment from one person? if I went to an American football game in Dallas, and I asked someone why they get a certain amount of points for a touchdown, another amount for a field goal, does that mean that Dallas don't know football?

Reply #773446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide and Perth equally, although I respect Perth.

Reply #773450 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Perth

Reply #773468 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Perth then daylight

Reply #773472 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Although yes I respect them

And, they've been harder to hate since Redhage retired

Reply #773475 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Haters.

Reply #773476 | Report this post

Boo  
Years ago

Hahahaha I love the anonymous comment from a deaf numbskull Victorian. Hurt your feelings mate? What an embarrassing crowd and franchise that can't win without spending 4mil on a team... I don't support any team in this league. Or Jerome Randle or any of the players.

Try again. I might have seen you at the game? Were you the bloke who asked the nuffie question about 3 pointers?

Reply #773488 | Report this post

Boo  
Years ago

Im not the only one judging your entire state. the rest of the country also despise the stench coming from the Yarra city. Certainly has mutated the locals to the point they enjoy a mundane life of living in shoebox houses and telling themselves "hey, Melbourne is great..."

Heartland of basketball. Lol.

I travel alot for my job and the NBL crowds in Adelaide and Perth are so much better.

Reply #773490 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Hilarious thread

Melbourne always has and always will be the centre of the Australian basketball universe and indeed Australian sport

There's a reason why we get all the big events, world cup finals, Aus vs Dream Team, F1,Aus open tennis, etc. and why more Aussie bball stars are from here, why Melbourne teams have won the title almost half the time, etc

Reply #773494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne only got the Australia vs Dream Team game because of Kessleman and because Adelaide didn't want it. It had nothing to do with our leaky roofs or lack of EFTPOS facilities, or the fact that all our supporters complain about our seats because we cannot see squat.

Reply #773496 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"And, they've been harder to hate since Redhage retired"

^^^ This is where I'm at. I actually like every player on their roster (or at least don't dislike any of them) - at this point, Gleeson is the only thing about them that I don't like, purely based on how he carries on on the sideline.

Reply #773497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide and Perth two worst cities in Australia.

Reply #773508 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

From a Basketball perspective it has to be Sydney.
Biggest City in the Country by far, should be drawing 20k a week in a magnificent stadium, but they just keep embarrassing themselves.

The stench of the Firepower Scandal still hangs over them.

Only time they had success was playing thug-ball under Goorjan.

Reply #773512 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"but I actually heard someone in the crowd ask "how come they get 3 points sometimes and 2 other times?"

ROFL, if you ever come to a Perth game, and are seated near the sponsor seats, please wear ear-plugs.

Reply #773513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If hating Gleeson for his antics is a thing, you must also hate half the players in the league for their carrying on after fouls are called. Shaun Bruce whinged about four straight fouls today, only one of them was on him

Reply #773514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love them all sort of, peace and love not war. :)

Reply #773516 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If a player carried on like Gleeson does he'd be ejected.

Reply #773519 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That reminds me of a classic I overheard once at Challenge about the Hawks with a father telling his young son: "Wollongong is in Sydney."

Reply #773529 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

My issues with teams I dont like are more off court with some on court antics that annoys me.

1. Illawarra - they keep the league from progressing. Small crowds for years and no real sign of improvement. Wollongong simply dont care about their team and therefore why should I? Not against small regional clubs, but the Hawks are a bit of a mess on and off the court and played the "battler small town team" for too long. Especially when you see what Cairns can do with an even smaller population.

2. New Zealand - I hate how they refer to the NBL as the ANBL. Its the bloody NBL. There is no confusion. The NZ league is called NZNBL and its a semi pro state league level competition played inbthe NBL offseason. Call the NBL what it actually is please. It annoys me.
Their new owners seem to be a mess but I do like how their fans have come back in big numbers this year. Same should be happening at Illawarra.

3. Adelaide - cant stand their tough guy antics. They are far too hot headed and bit tired of it. Their owners and management come across as a bit unprofessional and cheap and its not a good look.

Not a fan of Brisbane that much either although I will stay patient with them as they have new owners and venue. Lets hope they get something going soon.

Reply #773584 | Report this post

A.  
Years ago

Adelaide and Perth both suck balls

Reply #773621 | Report this post

Jetts Dreads  
Years ago

Boo is this really about a discussion into which NBL teams people dont like or a platform for you to vent on how you hate Victorians? Did something happen to you when you visited Melbourne last time that has made you ashamed?? Why so angry...

Reply #773717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boo got no idea. So many facts wrong in ur accusations prove that you're opinions are not even worse considering. Go piss into another breeze.

Reply #773854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see why you have only posted 7 comments BOO. You are a dickhead.
Perth then daylight to Adel.

Reply #773901 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Of the nine teams, Perth are called for the least amount of fouls

Reply #775076 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

For me, Brisbane. So many poindexters on one team.

Reply #775077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would have to be Perth, probably because we almost as many titles than all the other teams combined.

Reply #775085 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes. ( I seem to recall growing up here and it was Port Adelaide in the footy,
as they kept winning, most of the time.)

Reply #775087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I seem to recall growing up here"

Do you mean you can't remember where you grew up because you smoke to much weed?

Reply #775088 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Reply #775090 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754