Zodiac
Years ago

Eric Griffin's future?

Is it just me or we have been sold a pup with this guy? Griffin was meant to be more athletic and explosive than Wiley but he's looked anything but the guy is 29 but he's so slow and unathletic he looks more like 39. Just no juice in his legs.

He is blocking a few shots got to give him that but is it time the Sixers pulled the trigger on him with 3 games to go before his contract becomes guaranteed the rest of the season?

Coming into today's game against United he was averaging:

11.8p 5.7r 1.2a 2.0b 3.3to 44% FG (10% 3p) 93% FT

vs United 11p 3r 3b 0a 4-11 fg (0-3 3p)

Topic #46312 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you expect for $98k a season? At least he has nice hair.

Reply #773522 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thought he be doing well. Great energy guy been stiff with calls. Can't seem to get rhythm before refs do him.over. persist with. Talented and brings consistency.

Reply #773547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm enjoying this zen-based Anon :)

Reply #773548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He plays good just trying a little to hard to impress. I can see him improving as the season progresses.

Reply #773557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that the dreams of playoffs are virtually done he should be able to play with a little more freedom.

Reply #773559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm guessing he is a budget import.
What Childress up to?

Am I the only person on the forum who thinks Moore is shit?

Reply #773563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Raymone, but he is not being utlized. He is money from mid-range.

Childress is over with Mitch at SEM, as part owner.

Reply #773565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moor is smooth but maybe a bit to relaxed, but I like his style.

Reply #773579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greg Mays > Eric Griffin.

Reply #773580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide went budget as usual and are failing as usual. Great supporter base, annoying coach that atleast looks like he does care, but subpar tight ass ownership always overshadows the lot.

Griffin was never going to be awesome, purely because he was a choice made by management, and they ALWAYS choose cheap over talent.

Reply #773597 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

I think you'll find that all this talk about Adelaide being budget is not exactly true...

Reply #773605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^Exactly! Convenient defence when your results are shite. Adelaide is not a budget team despite the rheteoric. Just shitty player picks with many overpaid.

Reply #773614 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

They play a certain style which is a hall makr of Joey teams (Run/Gun) and it works when you shoot it at a great clip and hope to blow teams off the floor but they play no D and against the top tier fire power in the NBL they simply don't have the talent to play this style and expect to win regularly.

Reply #773616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it just me or is have we been sold a pup with this coach, recruiting is absolutely terrible

Reply #773636 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Got off the negative bandwagon. Same old shite every season. It's all swings and roundabouts. So drop a game and it's gloom time. Joey runs great ship. His team's always competitive always are up for challenge and w/l always plus... griffen is a class player... get off his back. He was everybody's fav at the start. He will stand up. It's not one player. Maybe captains DJ need to reclaim the mantle. Need big frolingerburger and mcwave to ignite.randle the handle needs support. Prof D is starting to become the force within. Plenty upside so get of the depressant pills. Get your heads out your arses and be uptempo. Long seasin slight glitch. Best to come. Rock on sixers.as Bruce the boss man says. Glory days.

Reply #773637 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Unless they want to save cash by sacking him and not replacing Griffin what is the point?

The top 4 is pretty clear now so unless they can find a stud it won't change the rest of the season

Reply #773644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4s set? Lets just cancel the rest of the season and start playoffs now then.

Reply #773645 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No way is the Top 4 set Sydney & Melbourne are the two genuinely elite teams with Perth & SEM likely the other two to make the playoffs however both Brisbane & Adelaide are legit playoff contenders.

I think with a 9 team league now with further expansion on the horizon the playoffs should be expanded to a Top 5 format like the SANFL.

Reply #773646 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I should add with the Sixers IMO being a legitimate playoff contender (not title contender) and now on a 3 game losing streak after the good 3-1 start things like upgrading on Griffin should be looked at.

Randle's on a 2 year deal so can't be released and Moore is in the second year of his 2 year deal so likely can't be either. Leaving the option of replacing Griffin likely the only real roster move the team can make.

Accept their lot put up with a mediocre Griffin who unlike Wiley doesn't really provide highlight reels and likely give the playoffs a miss or try to upgrade on him with potential playoff games revenue in mind.

Reply #773648 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Brisbane and ADelaide are junk.

The only way they make the finals is if SEM get found out for basically only having 2 good players.

Reply #773649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would've liked the Sixers to have signed Isaiah Wilkins from the nznbl - defensive player of the year in the ACC

Reply #773651 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not many imports can make the big step up from the NZ league to the NBL the only one in recent times would be Singler and he's struggling a bit at the Bullets.

Reply #773662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about a decent import, griffen tries hard but be real people he looks like a gazelle running away from a lion, and then there's the haircut, randle is just cashing superannuation money, doesnt look interested, definately doesnt know or want to play defence.

perth will slaughter them this week

Reply #773672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An angry Perth will crush Adelaide on Friday.

Reply #773680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They got bigger problems than Griffin. Maybe look at the Aussie plodders they signed. Guess it doesn't help when the coach goes overseas when free agency opens.

Reply #773688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic has been good so far this year, Randle is our only true weapon, McVeigh has shown signs, DJ is DJ, but the rest are woeful. How Froling thought he was the Joker and was going to get drafted is laughable. He has regressed when we need him to step up the most.

Reply #773689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the truth has reinstated with Froling after his nba training camps and no invite to any summer league opportunities. No matter how good his fathers media mates talk him up you still got to be elite to get nba. Froling still has the size and ability and youth on his side that it's possible for him to make a very good career but it’s not given to you, you have to bust your arse to get there. Drimic has been good this season after realising how Mitch work has to be done.

Reply #773699 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Drmic's in a contract year too and presumably at the very least would like to use the threat of going back to Melbourne to play for either of those teams to drive up his price to stay with Adelaide.

Reply #773701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no other way to explain Froling's regression, he’s fat. He needs to focus on his conditioning and drop about 5-10kg if he wants to reach his potential. His brother is in a lot better shape

Reply #773705 | Report this post

Griffen is a talent that gets screwed by the refs and isn't used on offence nearly enough. Take him out and who else is going to play any defence out there. Needs more time but with Moore and randle unmovable I do fear for his position. Will probably be made a scape goat if they lose the next couple

Reply #773712 | Report this post

Smokin Jo  
Years ago

Can we talk about kyei and Dillon! Who in their right mind thought they were at nbl standard?

Reply #773716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the refs fault? lol

Reply #773721 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

What you smokin Joe? Obei has been a great energy guy this season (I agree that Dillon has been a waste of space).

Its a tough call with Griffin. I thought he looked good in preseason and he could still step it up, but right now he's not having the impact he needs to if the Sixers want to play finals.

I'd still rather cut Moore for a knockdown 3 point shooter though. If he's in the last year of his contract, why can't the Sixers cut him?

Reply #774014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffins haircut the problem, if he had short back and sides he'd be MVP I suppose. Idiot!

Reply #774046 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"you have to bust your arse to get there. Drimic has been good this season after realising how Mitch work has to be done."

True. Mitch Creek probably set the benchmark for hard work and conditioning.

Reply #774096 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A sad figure sitting on the bench at the end of the game, last night.

Reply #774561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still cannot get over Smyth up there - username in honor of an Adelaide legend - actually saying that Griffin plays defense. LMAO

Reply #774564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin is an ATM for oppo teams.

Reply #774589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754