cheezeburger
Years ago

2006 NBA Champions?

well the question is who is going to challenge san antonio?i rekon with all the changes at miami it will really hurt them.detriot will be the exact same as always cause they have the exact starting 5 and players.expect it to change cause big ben wallace is in a contract year.the cavs will will finish top 3 in the east but then bomb out in the finals series.

for me its a Spurs vs Indiana final.spurs to go back to back.then to go for the triple.then to go for the quadruple.then depending how duncan and manu and parker are health wise maybe a fifth straight.then maybe where ever lebron is at his team might win after that.

Topic #4633 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

pacers for me. they couldve won last year if it werent for everything that happened. i think it will be a spurs v indi final.

Reply #53750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miami wont lose a single game in the playoffs. PERIOD.

Reply #53751 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

miami wont lose a single playoff game - until they play indiana, then theyll lose 4.

Reply #53756 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

new jersey all the way

Reply #53757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not even a Miami supporter, but they are just too good. Will Michael Finley start for the Spurs ?

Reply #53762 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

At this time the Spurs ARE the favorites, no if, buts or maybes about it. Adding Finley and NVE for SFA is huge. Bigger than what Miami did. They also got Olberto who will surprise a lot of people this year.

I've got a feeling Miami may have gone backwards with additions. They will challenge, but when things get tough there are too many voices and ego's that will clash. I expect Pat Riley to be the coach by All-Star game. Coach V can't massage all the ego's on the squad, plus Pat will have the respect of the vet players. They'll go deep, but they won't get past the Pacers.

Nets will be there in the East, my only concern is the PF position. If SAR's knee's weren't so dodgy and he stayed they would of challenged.

West will go like:

Spurs
Suns (but Amare has just gone down with knee complaint that will need to get cut)
Houston (they are my darkhorse)
Mavericks

East will be:

Pacers
Miami
Pistons
Nets

Reply #53775 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Pacers to win in game 7 vs the Spurs.

- Healthy Jeff Foster, healthy JO, healthy Jamaal Tinsley.

- David Harrison, Fred Jones, Anthony Johnson all seeing extended minutes last season which greatly improved them all

- Danny Granger is NBA ready and will have an impact, plus the addition on Jaskavicuius (dont ask me how to spell it) who showed in Athens hes a world class pg

- Lastly and most importantly Ron Artest is back and is going to have a big year

Unlike Miami, Cleveland, and even the Spurs to an extent they do not have to incorporate new big name additions into their system and will not struggle juggling playing time. They also have the motivation and experience of what they went through last year and all seem to be focused on one thing....winning.

Reply #53832 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

My two favourite teams are Spurs (since The Admiral was winning MVP's and Rodman first dyed his hair) and the Pacers, so this year is going to be great for me.

People, check out Sportsbet for the odds on the Pacers. Chuck a pineapple on them now, before the odds change

I still think the Spurs will go back-to-back and confirm their dynasty status, previously robbed by a Derek Fisher joke. (I'm still dirty on that!)

Finley won't start, and Van Exel will play limited minutes, but lead the league in points/per 48.

Spurs/Pacers final, Atlanta to finish dead last in the L, Cheezeburger to check into rehab after abusing Johnny Black and Valium, whilst harping on about the 'Nique era, and claiming Blair Rasmussen would have been the greatest C of all time, if only he wasn't white.

Reply #53845 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I would love Shaq to win with Miami!

"And Kobe Bryant......You were WRONG!!"

Reply #53855 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

wow so much love for the Pacers, its good to see :D

I also think it will be a Pacers v Spurs final, with the Pacers taking it all.

Reply #53887 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

i gotta say miami v san antonio final. with san antonio getting the ship in 7 games

Reply #53954 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I hope pacers don't win.

I like the Pacers but I'd rather not see the win for a while fresh from the greatest pacers player's retirement.

Reggie Miller, now that man deserved a ring for a championship and a ring for loyalty.

Reply #53958 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

Detroit all the way baby. Same crew as last year and will play tough d. I expect Prince to step up this year. Should be pistons and spurs final once again with the pistons winning 4 games to two. Mark my words. No one gives the pistons credit. They took care of the highly rated miami last year in the conference finals and should not be underestimated.....DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!

Reply #54325 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Because wade and shaq weren't 100%

Reply #54328 | Report this post

Sandro  
Years ago

Houstons takin it all baby...im a lakers fan but oh well. The rockets have too much firepower on offence. w/ yao getting some much needed help on the boards with stromile and t-mac getting ready to put up averages of 28, 8, 6, and 1.2...this team is gonna be close to unbeatable. Yao... 20, 8, 2, 3 so please stop sucking up with the suns and spurs theyre whack as hell.

Reply #54512 | Report this post

Eric  
Years ago

Heat is going all the way this year, beating Pistons in the Finals in 7 games. Though I wish I could say the Suns will take it all, Stoudemire and Nash, what a great team!

Reply #54518 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

duuuuuuh heat and pistons r in the same conference

Reply #54581 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Diz, some people have no idea.....heat and pistons in the final bahahahahah.... It will never happen, I bet my $400,000 apartment on it.......

Reply #54612 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I think whoever wins out of miami and detroit in the east finals will beat the spurs for the title

Reply #54619 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Eric, go back to wherever you came from, you've got no clue!

Reply #54634 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

West Finals
Houston v San Antonio (unless Jackson produces a minor miracle with his minor squad)

East Finals
Detriot v Miami (unless LBJ has a REALLY BIG breakout season)

Reply #54708 | Report this post

michaelredd  
Years ago

milwaukee bucks all the way

Reply #54712 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Heat wont win it

Shaq will break down again, and fail to play his 82 games

Its Detroit V Spurs for me

Reply #54765 | Report this post

jeff  
Years ago

How can anyone think anyone except the Spurs are going to win it? I mean seriously, think about it. Duncan, ginobili, Parker, FInely, NVE, Horry,Bowen, etc. Clevland is a pretty good team this year and the Spurs blew them out without one of their stars playing over 30 minutes. Thats a dynasty in the making.

Reply #57530 | Report this post

Morph  
Years ago

No team from the east will win the title this season ... the Spurs must have been thinking on Oct 11 when Stoudemire went into microfracture knee surgery that their stars were in alignment for another title. Miami no ... Indiana ... no ... Detroit you have to be kidding ... shame Stoudemire is out for the next few months or i'd say Phoenix were up for a real chance ... they may still be. But Amare is out ... so the Spurs.

Reply #57599 | Report this post

Nathaniel  
Years ago

go u sacramento kings **** u ofa supportes

Reply #57620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to know why the Pistons "have to be kidding".

Reply #57656 | Report this post

Morph  
Years ago

Why? Because one thumping one over the Raptors of all teams when you have teams like San Antonio ... Dallas and Phoenix still title contenders winning games they shouldn't win ... doesn't constitute a title threat

Reply #57734 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

When you combine the nastiest defensive team of the last 5 years with an improved offensive game and a younger, deeper, more athletic bench...i don't think you can overlook the pistons at all.

Reply #57743 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Clown, Pistons "have to be kidding". No idea what so ever.

Miami are looking ugly at the moment, but to be expected given the new faces. 76ers are looking awful, 0-3 and then beat the Pacers in Indy to go 1-3. Go figure...

The Cats, giddy up 2-1 .667 record. Last time I probably say that for the season...

Knicks 0-3... bahahahaha eat it Isiah.....

I think it's gonna be a very tight season we seedings for the playoffs could come down to tie-breakers.

Reply #57744 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Spurs. End of discussion. Did anybody see the D they played on Cleveland? Their help and rotation is the best I have ever seen. They will go down as one of the best defensive teams in history.

They show you don't have to bash heads to play solid D.

Their D feeds their offense, with poor shots going up and Duncan, Rasho, Nazi and Horry cleaning the glass and hitting Parker or Manu for the running game.

Bog down in the half court and you have Manu's drive and dish, or TD's post up with shooters spotting up everywhere. This year Finley adds another threat in a guy who will run to spots, not just sit in the corner like Bowen.

Spurs have the best shooting team since the Bulls had Hodges, BJ and Paxson.

A healthy Spurs means another title and officially a dynasty.

ESPN on the weekend stated that over the last 8 years, the Spurs have the best record compared to any team in major professional sports. This does not include the Turkish handball standouts, the Balabandaglari Belters who have won an amazing 37 national titles in a row.

Reply #57759 | Report this post

Morph  
Years ago

Well m dizzle and TR we'll see this Friday our time whether the Pistons are any form of title threat ... they play the Suns in Phoenix ... the Suns may be missing Stoudemire ... still ... they are doing better than expected. If they can't play nasty defense against the Kings tomorrow and whip them then we'll have a prelim prognosis.

Spurs a dynasty? That's clowning around. They are a good team and will probably take it out this year but they won't have the star players they have now forever. The Bulls are a perfect example.

Reply #57978 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

If they win this year, 4 titles in 8 years. Is that a dynasty? What's the definition?

Reply #58127 | Report this post

Morph  
Years ago

When they start winning titles in a row ... like 3? Better the Chicago line up of the late 80s early 90s and then you can start talking about a dynasty.

Reply #58130 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I think the Spurs can do it again . The new guy OBERTO can play and can give Duncan help on the boards, and has good hands - hit Bowen or Horry on the Wing !

Parker needs to take better shots and be a little more controlled - but he looks good this year so far.

Go Spurs!

Would love to see a Spurs V Miami GF Series.

Reply #58133 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say a dynasty in basketball is 4 titles with largely the same team core.

e.g., I wouldn't call the Sydney Kings a dynasty because their key players have changed in each year. Successful for the club, definitely, but not quite a dynasty.

Reply #58144 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Definition:
"A dynasty is a family or extended family which retains political power across generations, or more generally, any organization which extends dominance in its field even as its particular members change"

So, it doesn't matter if the team memebers change, the team can still build the dynasty...

I would say its subjective if it is a dynasty or not, I'm sure the Spurs would claim it.

Reply #58165 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Morph, today the Pistons cleaned up Sac-Town.... bring on the Suns.

Oh, Detroit (4-0) extended the club's best start since 1996...

Reply #58228 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

Thats my team baby.....DETROIT BASKETBALL, Hamilton is playing awesome first few games. Bring it on SUNS.

Reply #58257 | Report this post

Morph  
Years ago

LOL @ you two. It looks like this season is going to be unpredictable. Detroit will look like a title contended if they smash the Suns ... somehow ... i doubt that will happen ... and considering Stoudemire is out? I beg to differ on a result if he was available ... but look at Marion's rebounding stats and his scoring ... LOLOL ... interesting months ahead ... i will give you guys this ... Detroit WILL be hard to beat at home.

Reply #58289 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754