Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Cats Fri Nov 15

Joey says the gap between the Sixers and the Kings is about $4M, well perhaps the gap between the Sixers and the Cats is about $3.5M. "That's Preposterous" said Trevor G as he drove his Mercedes Benz convertible out of his Peppermint Grove mansion "We play one game at a time" said a player, dressed in his golden budgie smugglers, as he dived Scrooge McDuck style into a pile of cash. While having deeper pockets can get you better imports, they are only one player on a team.

The Sixers season is not over, but they do need to start beating teams above them on the ladder if they want to see action in the major round. So far this season everything south has been good, but north has been bad:
Sydney: L, L(OT)
SEM: L
Perth?
Mel: L
Bullets: W
Breakers:?
Taipans: W
Hawks: W

It's no use scraping into finals on a 50% win record and relied on others % to get in, you need to be lethal in finals. To do that, you gotta beat teams above and below you. Can the Sixers beat the Cats? They've done it before and they do it again.

Cotton/White/Kay is the backbone of the team with Damo the spine and Hunt the braun. The likely matchups with the Sixers are interesting. Hunt-Griffen, Kay-Johnson, White-Moore, Drmic-Cotton, Martin-Randle. But, it's the benches that make it more interesting and show how these teams operate. The Sixers have McVeigh and Froling as the main bench players followed by Kyei. The effervescent duo of Teys and White offer some defensive skill but the scoreboard is not challenged as thoroughly as it could be when that guard combo in on. It is the young and the old with most of the game experience captured in two players. Perth, would have a similar total game experience, but more evenly spread over the bench. The experienced Wagstaff has engineered himself as a bench player these days and is probably the most cunning player out of both benches.

You would think that the Perth bench are a little more skilled beyond the arc. Norton, Steindl and Wagstaff put up an average of 6.67 3PA per game, with 2.01 dropping (30%) however when this is compared to McVeigh, Froling and Kyei, their average is 5.72, making 2.43 (42%) I think in the battle of the benches, the Sixers have the slight edge looking at the average returns from the benches. Rebounds: 12.1 to 11.2, steals 1.72 to 1.33, but assists 3.4 to 4.66. The assists tell the story of how the Cats play. Positioning themselves well and then making a (sensible) extra pass to that open player. BUT... the stat that tells the greater story though is turnovers. The Sixers bench averages 3.94 per game, the Cats a mere 1.66 per game. That tells me the Sixers are taking too many un-necessary risks, or are just not executing the plays as well.

This will be a good game, but you guys know I can't tip against the Sixers, especially not in the favour of the Pussycats.

Topic #46331 | Report this topic

LV  
Years ago

I'm tipping the 36ers to bounce back and win a close one at home

Reply #774124 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Have to think the Cats bounce back after their atrocious performance against Sydney, but yeah, Adelaide needs to start collecting some scalps and fast, I'm just not sure their top players have that sort of urgency/desperation in them. Might need to shake up the starting 5 a bit too I think.

Reply #774127 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

36ers will use up all their testosterone in the first half and go flaccid in the 2nd half.

Reply #774128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin to be sent packing after this game if Sixers lose. The coach will deflect the heat away from himself....just watch.

Reply #774145 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixeers are primed.. form been ok really. Pushed kings real hard. Bit of f a tihue in in it red game but been consistent across games. Doing the job. Finding a way. Sixers by 10.

Reply #774153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers based on the United game are in bad form. They can't put 4 quarters together and will be exposed against the Cats. Atleast we all know what Joeys excuse will be, he premeditated the salary cap as this seasons issues. Hopefully Kevin White can get another shoutout for his bench clapping/towel waving/morale boosting support.

Cats too good.

Reply #774171 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I don't think the Cats can put this one in the bag.

The point with Griffen is a valid one. He will be tested this game. You would expect DJ to squeeze Kay hard. Cotton should run amok, but Drmic is good at getting under your skin.

Flop warnings to be issued. Randle has the old shake and bake, but can drive in hard at times. The Cats just seem to know how to sag. They don't call him Flopstaff for nothing...

Reply #774184 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It's going to be interesting.
The difference between a Good Cats game and a bad one seems to come down (on average) to their outside shooting and Hunt.
If Hunt gets going, stays out of foul trouble, and stay on the court he can make a big offensive impact.
But who am I kidding, going up against DJ he's likely to foul out in the first quarter. ROFL.

If the Cats start landing them from outside, then watch out, but that has been tough to do on the road.

Could turn out to be a very close game. Some of the match-ups could be intense.

I know people get salty if I mention it here, but since Adelaide have the double, who should I be looking at for two big games?

Reply #774185 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

DJ loves playing against Perth. Expect big game. And randle too much class and speed. He will own the driving lanes.

Reply #774208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats by 15+. Joey getting sacked soon. Brendan Teys to replace as player/captain/coach.

Reply #774214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"DJ loves playing for fouls against Perth. Expect big flops." Fixed

"And randle too much class and speed. He will own the driving lanes."

Said nobody who has ever watched Martin defend.

Reply #774217 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Have to say, Martin has not been awfully impressive this year. Ware actually took it right at him a few possessions last game like he'd been matched up on a big.

Reply #774219 | Report this post

I think the cats missed the opportunity to recruit for Martins replacement and have him coming off the bench for short spells. As a 35 year old he should be provided limited minutes like Redhage was in his last few seasons. The league increasingly having more potent scorers and you need all 5 on the court to contribute. Gleeson should be looking more ahead.

Maybe time to give Norton the chance to lead the point.

Reply #774223 | Report this post

I think the cats missed the opportunity to recruit for Martins replacement and have him coming off the bench for short spells. As a 35 year old he should be provided limited minutes like Redhage was in his last few seasons. The league increasingly having more potent scorers and you need all 5 on the court to contribute. Gleeson should be looking more ahead.

Maybe time to give Norton the chance to lead the point.

Reply #774224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin's defence is well known but let's face facts the talent in the league has superseded him now.
He would be at his most effective as a 12-16 mpg (3-4min per qtr) bench presence.
When Cotton naturalises Perth need to consider an import point guard if Norton has reached his peak which I think he has .

Reply #774225 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Damo is slomo.

Reply #774226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin last season surely. Too much weight on cottons shoulders to score. New pg incoming, but who?
Ili would be a good get.

Next season?

Ili / Norton / Britt(DP)
Cotton / Vasiljevic / Buluk / Reath(DP)
New Import / Pozoglou / Travers(DP)
Kay / Wagstaff / Vague
Hunt / Majok

Reply #774227 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I certai ky haven't given up on Norton and think he needs more responsibility and yeah I also agree that Damo can rest a but more during games.

DJ kicks his home team's arse most times and he was average against United so I feel like Adelaide win here or no more Moore or Griffin

Reply #774228 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I struggle to take this Adelaide team seriously. I just don't think we have the talent to make any noise this year. I'd argue we are the second least talented team, just ahead of Illawarra. But we have slightly more depth than Cairns despite them probably having a better starting unit.

As for Perth in Adelaide, it will be close because it is in Adelaide. But I just don't see Perth dropping another game like this so soon. Adelaide will look good for three quarters and then fall away as their defense proves to be garbage and Terrico White and Cotton do whatever they want to.

Reply #774244 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"I know people get salty if I mention it here, but since Adelaide have the double, who should I be looking at for two big games?"

DJ would be the guy, I can't bring him in so it's Randle for me, hopefully he goes off at least 1 game. DJ safer.

Reply #774264 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Cheers

On Damo, I think Norton will get his chance.

Reply #774309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth bounce back, Cats by 37. Randle 21, DJ 16, not much help for those two. White big for red.

Reply #774314 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I reckon the Sixers might get up tonight backs against the wall, usually play well against Perth at home and Perth coming off a drubbing although likewise Adelaide.

Sixers by 3

Reply #774317 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

36ers will have one of those freak games where multiple players will get uncharacteristically hot from the 3 point line.

Reply #774318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats easy money. The 36ers aren't good, they lack depth, any depth. Looking forward to Joey’s take on why it’s not his fault at all for any of it.

Reply #774321 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Press Conference:
Joey will Claim he needs another $3.5M to compete with Perth.
Trev will Claim that Adelaide have four imports because of Joey.

Reply #774323 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Go Sixers need win. Need chemistry. DJ time.

Reply #774326 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eric on fire.

Reply #774327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin could very well be the worst defender in the NBL.

Reply #774328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting destroyed on defense though.

Reply #774329 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eric on fire.

Reply #774330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Defensively it is hard to find a player who gets blown by and exposed as much as Eric

Reply #774331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin is the worst defender ive ever seen in my life

Reply #774332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ never holds his screens and never gets called for it. Will Weaver is going to have fun with that one.

Reply #774333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin is woeful on D. Completely got negated for his offense. Side note the commmentary team is bad. I'm done with Stephen A homicide and the Howie sounding bloke

Reply #774334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking

Reply #774335 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jono in rhythm glorious to see. Keep spotting up. Not sure Perth have answer for him. Like froling inside.

Reply #774336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh is really cringe lol

Reply #774337 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

These fouls are a joke.

Reply #774338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree on McVeigh. I don't mind him, but he got lucky on the call and then the whoooooo.. Uh.. you got blocked and didn't make the dunk. Just shoot your charity shots.

Reply #774339 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

No foul for kay??? Wow

Reply #774340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J, they are playing against Adelaide. You're not getting calls against this team.

Reply #774341 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

McVeigh is mad as a cut snake but love the enthusiasm!

Reply #774342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White great pickup for the price.

Reply #774343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our defensive rotations are shit house ... we over commit , over play the lanes and too often get caught with our hands down on the perimeter .
We need to use some hedge and close out to contain instead of flying around chasing everything .

Reply #774344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised they didn't call a foul on that last play of the quarter. lol

Reply #774345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets go Sixers. Great first quarter. We still have Drmic in our back pockets, if he can fire we may take this one by double digits

Reply #774346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With all the soft whistles Adelaide get how are they so bad?

Reply #774347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to see us start Randle , White , Drmic , Griffin and Froling.
Let Moore and Johnson feast on the second unit they can both finish the game . We always start well on the O and then fall apart sometime after , let us stagger our scorers a bit , get some defensive pressure on their PG early with White . Teys and Dillon should not hit the floor AT ALL .

Reply #774348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"With all the soft whistles Adelaide get how are they so bad?"

Have you seen Griff play defense mate? May have something to do with it.

Reply #774349 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Who is the dude on commentary that sounds like a corpse?

Reply #774350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Daniel Dillon. I think he brings good guard pressure

Reply #774351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If DJ got calls like this in the premier league then maybe forestville would have won the title. Misses layup, blow whistle.

Reply #774352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man the Adelaide crowd are corpses. So boring

Reply #774353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Betts the traitor

Reply #774354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin is falling out of bounds. How is that a jump ball?

Reply #774355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Anstey sounds like he's been smoking for 60’years worst voice for commentary can barely hear him. Why the Fuck did NBA teams work out Harry Froling his gone backwards!

Reply #774356 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

this is a great game to watch

currently Hunt the difference betwween 6'rs being in front by a lot or not

Reply #774357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay ios a protected speices. Drmic should be shooting freethrows

Reply #774358 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Oh is that Anstey? Wealth of knowledge, but yeah he sounds fucking terrible. Did they not sound test him before giving him a gig?

Reply #774359 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

flop

Reply #774360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware is the best guard in the NBL. Cotton is a shadow of years past

Reply #774361 | Report this post

Jbone  
Years ago

Why the commentary on about hunt picking up his 3rd foul when stats show he only has 1?

Reply #774362 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

DJ is the key. How good Sixers look with him active. Perth struggling to run offence. 6ers D is strong.

Reply #774363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin is on. Time for the Cats to go on a run

Reply #774364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez I had no idea it was Ansett either! Figured it was Larry sengstock haha

Has Randle gone backwards? I haven't watched too much this season but he now just looks short and not as fast.

Reply #774365 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The Griffin-Hunt show, like we all expected

Reply #774366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle is still there. He is probably one of the best bargains, dollars to talent, in the NBL this season, along with Tate from Sydney

Reply #774367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers protected species mode yet again. Hard to watch

Reply #774368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

11 free throws for radelaide to 2 for perth. Not unexpected.

Reply #774369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

soft call on dj

Reply #774370 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yes, someone tell the refs the FT count should be equal.

Reply #774371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get the f..kin ball off the floor and start passing the f..king thing .

Reply #774372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not the ft count angus, but the judgement on calls. All we want is consistency. If perth miss a layup let us shoot free throws too

Reply #774373 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Refs doing fine job. More same 6ers second half. Holding Perth offensively. Good vibes.

Reply #774374 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

How on earth is griffin diving a god damn foul?

Reply #774375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we get a jump ball call when we're halfway to our arse too then?

Reply #774376 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

I can handle bad calls, it's a part of sport. What incenses me is when refs close to the halfway line are making calls on the action under the hoop. Unless you have xray vision, 9 times out of 10, you are guessing. How many players on here right now just love it when a ref guesses? If you don't see it, don't call it. It's not that difficult.

Reply #774377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many sooks on here tonight. I do agree with Gus though.

Reply #774378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton has only 2 points. This spells danger for Adelaide, who can't play any better. Cats by 8+

Reply #774379 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The crowd is solid
Great game. Sixers are a very hard working United group. Tighter this game goes better for them. No stars just functioning unit doing roles. Reduce errors apply pressure. Martin is struggling. Perth very one dimensional.. stop white and keep ball away from hunt inside. Cotton seems unfit. Sixers stick to scout. Loving EC venue. Growing on me each game. Feeling like our home. Best the drum...

Reply #774380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can the commentators be so inept as to not have live stats on front of them. The amount of times they mentioned Hunt's two fouls was ridiculous... considering he only has one.

Reply #774381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide is losing me, just call the play, I don't care how enthusiastic you are if you’re a spud you’re still a spud. Anstey is fine but he not commentating the snooker, talk louder or tone homicide down. Cam Luke is just a yes man to the league so he just talks crap.

The game itself with out reaching great heights has been fine.

Reply #774382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide is just a perth fanboi this season. All about the drama

Reply #774383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Cotton is playing..

Reply #774384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers dont have that killer defensive instict this season that they have had in the past

Reply #774385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We love this place"

I guess Ben does not visit hoops.com

Reply #774386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good D by McVeigh

Reply #774387 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Loving McVeigh
Griffen having real crack.
4 man team on base defensively those guys are switched on. Come on sixers

Reply #774388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide being exposed for not having an extra gear. Lacking roster. Try hard etc but that has worn thin. I'm done with accepting mediocrity as the norm, for this once great club.

Reply #774389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling struggles to get up and down the court. Who said he was in the best shape of his life?

Reply #774390 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Loving intensity of Sixers. They are for real. 2 pint game yeah . Sixers

Reply #774391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are for real? Are you for real saying they are for real?

Reply #774392 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Are Adelaide tanking now? How could Joey even think of that lineup on the court at the end of the 3rd?

Reply #774393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pass the f..kin ball instead of charging through , terrible team

Reply #774394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They aren't as entertaining to watch as the weekend can dooooo it’ fans think. Throw a Mitch creek on the roster and my what could’ve been.

Reply #774395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle so protected in Adelaide. Pathetic call

Reply #774396 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This game is a battle royal.

Reply #774397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide version of Creek was always overrated. Much improved at SEM after a stint in the G League

Reply #774398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad call on Moore. Joey has a point.

Reply #774399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jerome Randle is a flat out liability .

Reply #774400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waiting til I saw what happened. Classic NBL refereeing.

Reply #774401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton may be the biggest flopper in the league. So overrated.

Reply #774402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Randle paid by the number of points he makes. I see juniors move the ball better!

Reply #774403 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Oh is that Anstey? Wealth of knowledge, but yeah he sounds fucking terrible. Did they not sound test him before giving him a gig?

He used to commentate on Fox occasionally. Clearly no one is doing any research and/or paying peanuts and getting local Melbourne-based monkeys.

Reply #774404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jerome a liability? We wouldn't win a game all season with Taylor on the roster and Randle a FA

Reply #774405 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

No comments on the suit? Joey is going to a grand ball after the game.

Reply #774406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bout someone else then d..khead

Reply #774407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's time for Drmic to stand up. Really liking him this season.

Reply #774408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey time.

Reply #774409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game feels like Adelaide are closer than they should be. Feels like Perth are in control

Reply #774410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It sounds like Anstey gets winded just speaking more than a few words at a time.

Reply #774411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another Norton flop

Reply #774412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like I said at the half. Cotton was always going to wake and cats would win by 8+. Adelaide need to make big changes top to bottom. Creek was good at Adelaide and after his USA stint, was always going to grow into an absolute beast. Adelaide, Ofcourse decided to piss him right off.

Reply #774413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only time you hear this pathetic Adelaide crowd is when burgers are on the line. Is there even a Hungry Jacks in South Australia?

Reply #774414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh reminds me so much of the midweek social league player, that takes it all very seriously. But he really is better suited to his day job than social league basketball.

Reply #774416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give Griffin his fucking ticket now. Stupid. Get him out of here.

Reply #774417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The only time you hear this pathetic Adelaide crowd is when burgers are on the line. Is there even a Hungry Jacks in South Australia"

That cringey chant they do every god damn time is one of my biggest NBL pet hates

Reply #774418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jerome. Is. God.

To the fool who said he is a liability, go check yourself in the mirror.

Reply #774419 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ref totally was going to call a foul there, blew the whistle then changed his mind.

Reply #774420 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Someone got to step up to support randle. Drimic needs to become threat to create space for DJ. Like white in add some mongrel

Reply #774421 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Leave Randle alone!!!1

What a game. What a rivalry.

Reply #774422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Randle. Is. GOD."

One more reason to be an atheist lol

Reply #774423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible call. Cotton call based on reputation

Reply #774424 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Dat flailing. Every time. Suckers.

Reply #774425 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cotton was obviously going to be shooting 3 FTs there before he'd even thought about shooting it

Reply #774426 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yep. Nothing but pure air.

Reply #774427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does Joey look so disinterested this year? Even after Griffin's stupidity, he doesn't even look at him, let alone say a word. Has he checked out?

Reply #774428 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Clutch performance from Drmic these past few mins

Reply #774430 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No no no no no no

Reply #774431 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Hunt the difference

Reply #774432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic with that outlet pass to Damian Martin was, ummm, interesting. Adelaide always find a way to kill themselves off.

Reply #774433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C'mon ref. It's hard to be this wrong.

Reply #774434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic is the least of our issues

Reply #774435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Its off your knee"

Specsavers really need to sponsor the NBL refs

Reply #774436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Things are never going to align better for Adelaide to steal a win against one of the teams above them than they have today. Lets see if they can capitalize.

Reply #774437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton throws his head around, trigger point for refs to blow whistle.

Reply #774438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats with the kids club sitting courtside on the bottom left of the screens at adelaides end?

Reply #774439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers are dumb. Lets wait until the clock gets close to 14 and make our most aggressive player get his 5th. Stupidest team in the NBL.

Reply #774440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they wasted an eternity before fouling

Reply #774441 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It'd be nice if Moore penetrated like this before the last minute of the game.

Reply #774442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl got look at Cotton kicking the leg out after the shot to draw fouls, it's rubbish and refs fall for it every time.

Reply #774443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when is it a backcourt violation when the opponent pokes the ball away???????

Reply #774444 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

OT PLEASE

Reply #774445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With all due respect, the cats didnt defend Moore on that drive.

Reply #774446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus he has to touch the ball in order to penetrate. Under utilized.

Reply #774447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Nbl got look at Cotton kicking the leg out after the shot to draw fouls, it's rubbish and refs fall for it every time."

Sometimes he collapses to the floor even with no contact on the legs. I agree refs need to be awake to it because he is a serial shotflopper.

Reply #774448 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

HUNGRY JACKS HUNGRY JACKS HUNGRY JACKS

Reply #774449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many years did they sign Cotton for? It may be something they look back and regret. Dude is regressing.

Reply #774450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was an inbound 5 second violation anyway. Yawn.

Reply #774451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers season is cooked. Time to start looking ahead to next season. No more excuses, fix it!

Reply #774452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How many years did they sign Cotton for? It may be something they look back and regret. Dude is regressing."

Scored a casual 36 last week against the top team lol

Has had a few bad games this year, but still a gun

Reply #774453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton puts asses on seats in WA. He will come good for the cats come playoff time. They won't regret it. Adelaide bringing Randle back, including white Teys and Dillion on the other hand.

Adelaide fans have to start cracking the shits for changes to be made. Hard fought losses are such a pathetic thing to accept.

Reply #774454 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cotton is the absolute least of Perth's problems. He's one dimensional, but it's the one dimension that the team almost entirely lacks otherwise. Perfect fit really.

Reply #774455 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Big call about season done. They tough group. Sixers are alive. Intensity was awesome. Teys said so. Believe confidence is gd. Just got be bit smarter. Critical errors.

Reply #774456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ironic that they have a Harry Froling "I will be incredible" ad after the game when he was anything but. This organization needs to restore the pride of years past. Stop being fucken cheap while charging us a premium to see an inferior product. It not fun. It is not enjoyable. I'm over it.

Reply #774457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton still can play but the three point flopping is worse than Goulding. Surely the refs review this, they got stop getting fooled.

Reply #774458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have one more damn win than the Illawarra Hawks. Are we really better?

Reply #774459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the Anon in bold lettering, I respect your glass half full take. I regrettably disagree greatly, Adelaide are cooked, they only have themselves to blame. Really poorly constructed roster.

Reply #774460 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers the worlds most frustrating team to support.

Griffin - can't defend and absolutely dumb unsportsmanlike today give away. He needs to go.

Moore - King of turnovers, he’s better on the bench.

Randle - stifles the offence, takes crap shots, it’s not good enough to score 20 at that kind of percentage with that kind of shot choice.

Froling - Regressed

Kyei - Battler? Yes, does stupid things? Sadly yes. Never found a three point shooter come on.

Johnson - superb but goes missing when it matters until it’s too late, need more of a step up

Reply #774461 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Never foul** a three point shooter

Reply #774462 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Since when is it a backcourt violation when the opponent pokes the ball away???????
Cotton touched it last. Doesn't matter that it was poked away.

Reply #774463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Jerome is honest, and he is pissed off and is open about it. Takes accountability. He will be the only reason I keep watching this soft POS team.

Reply #774464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cotton touched it last. Doesn't matter that it was poked away."

non sequitur score - 8.5 /10

gotta wonder if any of the past Mrs Koberulz's could explain the difference between a poke and a touch in respect of either (or both) involving non-corporeal contact whilst still successfully transferring kinetic energy to a moving (or prostrate) body....
:)

Reply #774465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There again perhaps you meant that the ball was poked away, without transfer of control to the defending team, and then was touched by the offensive player before it contacted the back court and was then again touched or gathered by the team in offence .... -- no that makes sense :)

Reply #774466 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Martin's defence is well known but let's face facts the talent in the league has superseded him now.

Damo is slomo.

And yet there he was winning yet another game with his defence.

Reply #774467 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There again perhaps you meant that the ball was poked away, without transfer of control to the defending team, and then was touched by the offensive player before it contacted the back court and was then again touched or gathered by the team in offence .... -- no that makes sense :)
WTF else would I have meant?

Reply #774468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't win it with his defense? He was a non-factor for the majority of the game.

Reply #774469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone on this Sixers team know how to set a screen, or come off a screen?
DJ and Froling are the worst culprits.

Reply #774470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Griffin too

Reply #774471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey said that the Obie foul was a foul.

Reply #774476 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

A scrappy end, but nothing too unexpected in this game.

DJ & JR the stars for Adelaide.
Hunt stayed out of foul trouble and had a big impact.
But Perth's crappy outside shooting kept Adelaide in the game. Seriously our guys need to either learn how to connect reliably on other courts, or adapt their plays to limit the number of bricks.

As somebody predicted before the game, Perth's bench (Steindl & Wagstaff) more productive than Adelaide's.

As for Cotton, yes, he knows how to draw a foul when guys are clumsy closing him out. At his size, he needs the space.
Simple answer is "don't foul him".

Reply #774477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We didn't foul Cotton. Made no difference, he still got the free throws anyway

Reply #774478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Throwing your leg out in a three point shot to hit the defender and then falling backwards is not a defensive foul it's a flop.

Reply #774481 | Report this post

Adele-Aide  
Years ago

Anyone hear what that mad as hell guy in the crowd was yelling out when the Sixers were shooting free throws in the 3rd, maybe 4th quarter.

If you didn't see him, he had a seat on the floor in the opposite corner to Perth (same end of the court). He looked super pissed and was shouting real hard for about a minute.

Reply #774483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright: $5 million gap between Perth and the sixers.

I thought it would be bigger than that.

Reply #774485 | Report this post

How Many Chances  
Years ago

Sack Joey...?

Too early...?

Reply #774493 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wright's contract ends after the 2021-22 season.

Reply #774495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers are extremely weak, which is surprising because joey is as hard as it comes for a coach. These guys look soft as fuck out there. Froling? What happened to this kid his like a big slug. A bunch of passengers nobody wants to step up. The bench is horrible no firepower will not even get close to the big dogs with that roster. Drmic was such a classy college player had high expectations for him joining the league but he is very disappointing, maybe take some time of your videogames and practice your free throws kid.

Reply #774496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It shows most kids coming out college are over rated. Some off the players going there are not as good when they get back, were better before they left.

Reply #774499 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I couldn't believe that was Anstey I thought it was an old timer like Borner or something but even though his voice is gone he's comfortably the most astute person in the NBL commentary ranks, too good not to persist with IMO.

Reply #774500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"36ers will use up all their testosterone in the first half and go flaccid in the 2nd half."

HT/FT bang on.

Reply #774502 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixers box score +/- only 3 players in positive and they were 1's. Unheard off. Griff work house but minus 8. F me. Things got to change.

Reply #774508 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Joey generally does a good job of assembly and developing a team, within his budget, and I think you have some good building blocks.
But that said:
1) With the money now being spent by other teams, Randle isn't the Saviour he once once. Still a great player, but not enough to carry the team as he once did.
2) Joey has always emphasised and offensive up-tempo game, at the expense of D, which worked well when he had the players to execute. Now he doesn't.
3) Whatever the reason(s) behind the departure of Creek and Sobey, Adelaide need to fix it. They simply cannot afford to spend the time and effort developing guys only to lose them.
4) How the fuck does Teys still have a place on an NBL team? He's a spud, has always been a spud, and never looked like being anything else but.
5) Who on earth thought recruiting White was a good move? And yeah, lets make him co-captain with the other spud. Ok, a team needs leadership, and guys that pull everyone together and exhort their teammates at training, etc, etc. But seriously?

Reply #774512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should've kept Conger, could've played the ideal role now.

Reply #774515 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Prior to this game my expectations were that Sixers lose and sack Griffin and Moore, now the game is over I'm even less convinced that Moore as a starter is what the team need, Bevo started White a lot and he had that hard edge and Adelaide truly need a spark off the bench as Froling isn't justifying having an ESPN advert made for him, I really like McVeigh but he isn't trusted enough and the rest aren't offensive threats either.

It feels like Adelaide miss Sobey and I don't just mean his abilities but He was his whipping boy and now who's gonna take Joey's shit and go out there and perform? Drmic is probably the most capable but he looks and acts so unstable on the court that that could end with anything happening.

Great seeing Perth with an away win and Steindl actually doing more than catch and shoot

Reply #774517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The foul on Cotton happened right in front of Joey, and he said it was a foul. I'd trust his judgement over some salty anon.

Reply #774524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers organisation is in real trouble. They are a basket case. Players signed on multiple year deals so you have this crew again next year. Can't wait for that. None of the DP’s are ever going to make it in the NBL so no point looking there. It is an organisation that has managed to royally f it up with no eye to the long term future. Joey will take his money and run in a couple of years, and all the players will scamper back to where they came from desperate to distance themselves from a losing team that harms their $ value. That’s what happens when owners have no idea about basketball, believe the bs and hype that gets written by scribes, and let the coach have free reign to do whatever he likes.
Basket case.

Reply #774540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Sydney's fault. $4m difference and all.

Reply #774543 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Players signed on multiple year deals so you have this crew again next year.

I'm pretty sure with 2 year contracts the second year is a team option and with 3 year deals the third year is a player option.

If so and the team declined to pick up all the team options for next season and the couple of guys with player options opted out then it's possible that not a single player from this roster would be back next season.

Reply #774551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is obviously a lot of 36ers and Joey bashing, some of it deserved and some not at all.

I think it's important to remember this team has a much lower budget than MU, Sydney and Perth. I personally think Joey is doing a great job with the pieces he has, which is clearly a roster put together with a tighter budget.

The two real issues on the roster are depth (budget related) and a few players performing well below their expectation.

DJ and Randle have both had some poor games but overall are going well, no issues there.
Moore is clearly a budget import who can help out some of the ball handling duties. He’s always been fairly dependable but agree he would be better suited in a reserve role but he’s safe.
Drmic hasn’t developed as much as some thought he would but given more time, he will improve. He’s certainly justifying his spot. Having him and Moore as starters clearly shows their depth issue.

Off the bench, McVeigh is hugely improved and his effort and intensity will keep him in Joey’s rotation. Kyei hasn’t been amazing but he’s in his first year and will develop given more experience.
Kevin White is clearly there for leadership, experience and toughness on D.

The problems lie with the rest of the roster.

Eric Griffin is one of the softest American imports I’ve ever seen in the NBL. He’s had some moments offensively but his efforts on the defensive end are unacceptable, especially for a player tying up import $$.

Froling is one of the more talented Australian bigs to enter the competition in recent years but for what he has in talent and skills, he lets himself down with how he looks after his body. He’s clearly not fit and needs to take his conditioning A LOT more seriously. He won’t last in the league if he doesn’t... players his size break down.

Froling could take some tips on looking after your body from Daniel Dillon who has obviously kept himself in very good shape despite not being in the league for a few years. However, he’s clearly long past his best and I don’t see him getting another NBL contract after this year. Teys too is not good enough any more (probably never was).

If they replace Griffin and get Froling into shape, things will be a lot better.

Reply #774552 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Putting aside Griffin who needs to be cut but Froling has been very disappointing this season. I don't think he was too keen on the club picking up their option on him for this season and is playing like a guy who doesn't want to be there.

Reply #774553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was viable to cut Australians Froling would be gone before Griffin.

Reply #774557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyei is very good defensively, he should be given more time. Wright subbed him off after that contentious foul on Cotton for him not to be seen again. I'd play him ahead McVeigh every time as he’s just more consistent. Froling thought he’d be in the nba by now, his media mates all told him that, he’s just realising it’s not that easy. He’ll get over it and could become a very good nbl player, don’t see nba in there though. Moore and Griffin haven’t lived up to expectations and it hurts. I think Randle has been reasonably good. Drimic has played well this season but again the hype was always greater than what was to be expected. Johnson is class but still dodgy on defence as is Griffin so it’s not an ideal balance. A non flashy four man defensive rebounder would’ve been better. The rest squad are meh. Wright put the team together on his attack first principles so the buck should stop with him.

Reply #774560 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Adelaide truly need a spark off the bench as Froling isn't justifying having an ESPN advert made for him

Saw this ad for the first time a moment ago - wow - it would be perfect as a pisstake sketch on a comedy show. No wonder the kid is playing entitled with Heal and now ESPN pumping him up.

Reply #774582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling prob leads the hungry jacks missed free throws squad...

Reply #774808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have two kids in the NBL mate. What do you have?

Reply #774809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How many years did they sign Cotton for? It may be something they look back and regret. Dude is regressing."

Yes regressing big time. good observation.

Reply #774952 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:57 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754