Anon
Years ago

What happened at Chelsea’s AGM?

Can some one tell me what happened at the AGM last week?

Topic #46348 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They decided to sign Sam Kerr

Reply #774792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to the last post about this. It was great reading.

Reply #774891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are some common denominators with dramas at clubs on the Mornington Peninsula.

Reply #774919 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

Did anyone turn up? Committee numbers seem to be lower than norm.no one prepared to put in?

Reply #774964 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

More like a common denominator again striking at another good club, when will they learn not to take this "denominator" through the doors!

Reply #775079 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

And the common denominator is ?

Reply #775125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many people running their own agendas.
Clubs like Chelsea should concentrate on their juniors. Why the would spend big $ on their senior team is astonishing. How many Chelsea juniors are running around in their senior teams ?

Reply #775149 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

I thought they were the family club,trying to promote the own?am I wrong

Reply #775155 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

I thought they were the family club,trying to promote the own?am I wrong

Reply #775156 | Report this post

Blerg  
Years ago

Hard to focus on your juniors if you don't invest in your senior program. Players need somewhere to go once juniors are over otherwise they go to another club.

Reply #775158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blerg you make no sense. So invest in Seniors to keep it filled with Outsiders....so there's no place for the juniors anyway. Do if the other way and you won’t need to waste money that could be better invested. It’s not just Chelsea.

Reply #775385 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Not overly familiar with Chelsea's situation, but if they do in fact spend a lot of money to fill their senior teams with outsiders, they wouldn't exactly be alone in that regard. Right or wrong, a lot of clubs tend to fill their senior teams with 'outsiders', with the notable exception of country clubs (like Mildura/Warnambool), who don't really have the luxury of recruiting someone from a club down the road.

Reply #775392 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anon #774792, a bit of gold there, very funny!!!

Reply #775401 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Isaac used to give such gold comments recognition, haven't seen comments given the symbol of recognition for quite some time, what gives Isaac??

Reply #775402 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Being at a large association and also having been at Chelsea I would say this happens at all clubs, Chelsea is doing very well on court with juniors/seniors but while I was there it concerned me that the same thing that happened at Frankston was happening at Chelsea. Great people at the Gulls so really disappointing to see politics come into a family club!

Reply #775429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chelsea getting back on top financially.
Trying to get their Juniors better with better coaches. Corey doing a good job.
Making people accountable.
It's putting a few noses out of joint.
Men only going with one import, so spending wisely.
Can’t please everyone.

Reply #775432 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Cant please everyone or anyone, yes Standerfer and Casper doing great job but committee......maybe not so!

Reply #775441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe start supporting the committee and stop running your own agenda. Small clubs and their committees are always up against a minority that always think they know better. There's always other clubs to go to if not happy.

Reply #775444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If my kids played there I wouldn't exactly be thrilled knowing my hard earned that I coughed up for junior fees went into the rumoured 150K being spent on the men’s team

Reply #775445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol
Maybe get your facts right.
They only have 1 import this season.
It's you imbeciles that spread nonsense for your own agendas.

Reply #775447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Club in the best financial shape its been for 20 years. Juniors improving and increasing in numbers. Committee making people accountable to their roles. Seniors well within budget. I love having my kids play there. There will always be a handful of people not happy, but that's the same at all sporting clubs. As long as the committee continue to do whats best for the club as a whole, they will be in good shape.

Reply #775456 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

So the unstable committee are doing a top job?why hasn't the new committee names been advertised?maybe needs to fill up spots,just saying

Reply #775465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why have the minutes from the AGM not been published?

Reply #775472 | Report this post

Ceres32  
Years ago

Why don't you contact Chelsea,rather than post on here ?

Troublemaker??????

Reply #775475 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

Ceres32,if there is nothing to hide,SHOW DETAILS

Reply #775477 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

Ceres32,if there is nothing to hide,SHOW DETAILS

Reply #775478 | Report this post

Ceres32  
Years ago

Just like the other 200+ associations who post their minutes on a SA Hoops Forum LOL

Reply #775482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More to come ... stay tuned. Train wreck and at least the station is close by !!

Reply #775484 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

simply not surprised

Reply #775486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

".. I coughed up for junior fees went into the rumoured 150K being spent on the men's team"

You can't be serious. At that low level? If true that's laughable.
Hell some NBL1 teams dont spend that!

Reply #775491 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

$150 on men's program,$1 on women’s program,that’s pretty fair,NOT AT ALL

Reply #775493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Snowy
What's your Agenda here, you are being shown up as a fool,

Reply #775497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Snowy
What's your Agenda here, you are being shown up as a fool,

Reply #775498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the women are that bad? IDK, but any suggestion that a team like that is spending $150k on a men's team in a lower level competition is unbeleivable if true.

Reply #775507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did the women not go up when they won the championship?

Did the Men win it and go straight up?

Reply #775522 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

You are right on the money.just what did happen?funds all go in the one direction,so it appears.that women's team was powerful,would of been successful in state champ,but,wrong sex?

Reply #775531 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Pretty obvious who anonymous is, don't tell me you are not on committee mate, shame that you guys on committee don't and wont listen to your MEMBERS, once a great family club now run by 2 men! Shame!

Reply #775539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please stop. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Reply #775542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"..shame that you guys on committee don't and wont listen to your MEMBERS, once a great family club now run by 2 men! Shame!"

Clearly there aren't enough MEMBERS voting to stop what ever crap you are going on about.
If you don't like those on the committee call a special AGM and get on the committee yourself rather than post this crap here.

Reply #775552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is there a new committee or not ?

Reply #775557 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

what do parents think junior money goes towards???

of course it helps with running of the club and that includes senior players and coaches, a great senior coach that is out doing clinics and training young players in individuals along with a n import that is going out to schools and promoting the club and attracting more juniors to play domestic/ join programs is only helping your little bobby/karen get better and have more opportunity

Some parents have NO IDEA or clubs don't explain and communicate the positives behind it - they will want a senior program when little bobby/karen reach under 18s but don't want one now???

Reply #775587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just an idea, make it cheaper so it's affordable. I know a number of families that their kids aren’t playing because they can’t afford the fees.

Reply #775682 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

Very stable club,all executive positions vacant except the president.no problems hey

Reply #775780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the president?

Reply #775791 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

Honestly,don't know how to google

Reply #775806 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

By the way anon, the only one that is embarrassed is the club.JUST WHAT ARE THEY HIDING.just update your committee.

Reply #775808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snowy so they have a president and no committee? WTF

Reply #775814 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

Whatever you are smoking you need to get off it.read what is in front of you.

Reply #775822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many VJBL VC teams have Chelsea had?

Reply #776838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VP resigned. Read it on the Chelsea Facebook page. Any news on the make up of committee?

Reply #776930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I'm hearing, the committee is not the problem. Good people doing what's best for the club as a whole. Certain people don't like that, but the club is bigger than certain people.

Reply #776957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

some changes about to take place... watch this space

Reply #777410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did the VP stand down " in the best interest of the club" yet still stay on the committee. Makes no sense. Was he asked to stand down by the Pres. What really went down !

Reply #777415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting development!

Reply #777722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home and away or Neighbours?

Gotta love watching a good drama!

Reply #824412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:04 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754