Jack Toft
Years ago

SEM v SYD Nov 23

It's 1 v 4 on the ladder and a big SEM loss could see the Brisbane 18ers snatch 4th spot.

The Honeymoon is over for the Phoenix who have lost their last two games. Whether they go for the Hat Trick is up to them. The Green Machine faces a Stern Sydney who are top of the table for a reason. It's Sydeney's year, but there's still plenty of season left for the old violet crumble. Not today, but. It's down the Hume Highway to Australia's most liveable city where the Kings will not only enjoy the four seasons in one day, but four quarters of glorious dominance over the latest boys on the block, and just like a trip to Little Saint James Island, you know they will come back satisfied.

These games are the entree to finals and while close, I just think the physical aspect of the Harbour Boy's game will be enough to coax a win. No need to panic for the boys in green, Sydney are just a step above you.

Sydeney by 3

Topic #46375 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lot closer than it could be, Phoenix will be fired up. Thinking kings by 13 pulling away in last quarter.

Reply #776369 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Kings to win by 10+. Bogut will feast in the paint.

Reply #776377 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Give the Kings the Rings.

Reply #776380 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Heartland? lol

Reply #776381 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That Bogut block on Adnam, jeezus.

Reply #776384 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Adnam will never be the same player after that block.

Reply #776386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good half by kings. I hope Weaver stays involved with Australian team, one smart cookie.

Reply #776387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get that fkn bald security guars out of every shot. What an eyesore

Reply #776392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek can average 40 a game but he not getting an nba gig . Not athletic/ not big enough/ can't shoot a 3 . Will be a solid 10 year nbl player

Reply #776393 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Weaver stuck with that lineup too long there. I think he wanted them to play through it, but momentum swung too far the other way.

Reply #776394 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What a turnaround.

Reply #776395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way Sydney put up another quarter that shit

Reply #776396 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

Kings fall asleep most games. No surprise they did it after such an easy first half. It'll be interesting to see if they wake up this time.

And imagine how bad Adelaide would be if they kept Deshon Taylor ahead of Randle? Every game except the Brisbane comeback he's been terrible. Hasn't driven to the hoop once all year.

Reply #776399 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah Taylor is a big negative on offence overall. Had a few nice drives his first or 2nd game but since then he just chucks up bad 3s. Fairly solid defensively but commits too man dumb fouls also. I'd rather see Bruce on the floor.

Reply #776400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tate the shining light for the Kings in the second half

Reply #776401 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Bruce strikes me as a good glue guy

Reply #776402 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tate is a monster.

Reply #776404 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

BAD call

Reply #776405 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Oh great, nearly went a whole game without an USF.

Reply #776406 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

Refereeing has been terrible all second half. Refs have no idea how to call physical play!

Reply #776407 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

What a comeback

Reply #776408 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Casper is clutch

Reply #776409 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Poor non call actually HURT the phoenix

Reply #776410 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

NBL refs don't like calling fouls that are obvious fouls to get the other team to the line in a clutch games. It's not that hard you spuds, it's the most obvious call you can make!

Reply #776411 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Why would you hand that off to Pineau. rofl

Reply #776412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Magden proving how shit eurocup is. How washed is this guy id say 10 on a washedness scale. Koberulz what does a flog like yourself think??

Reply #776413 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Creek would be kicking himself right now I think. Enjoyable game (and stressful as hell), but happy to win ugly. Standard of refereeing was poorer than usual - Bogut was definitely an USF on review, but a combination of bad calls and bad no-calls was the theme of the night, although they made sure they got those critical travel calls correct at least.

Reply #776414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings get selfish and go away from what there good at when leading by heaps. Phoenix did a good job stopping kings playing fast, got 15 offensive boards. Tate was the dagger and Taylor should be on the plane and not back to Sydney.

Reply #776415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Madgen never played euro league or cup. Last season he was in the German first division and his side just avoided relegation.

Reply #776416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitchell done a fine job with Phoenix, take out Creek and they are not that great. I know Pineau is every ones favourite at present but they need a five man to make finals, he's not tall enough.

Reply #776418 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"but a combination of bad calls and bad no-calls was the theme of the night"

The way the refs are deciding to administrate the foul calls at the end of games is a fkn disgrace. Casper Ware gets obviously fouled and the refs decide they'll be cute and not call it (twice) and send a high percentage foul shooter to the line, but wait until the ball is in the hands of a 50% foul shooter before finally making a call. Tate's missed free throw could have cost Sydney the game (I Know Casper had missed one just a minute earlier but I know who Sydney would rather have on the line in that instance)

The refs need to stop trying to complicate it and just call fouls that have been made at the end of games for as long as I can remember, and I've been around a long time. We all know they're "intentional" and that's why the wording of the rue was changed. They're just making it worse

Reply #776422 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It also potentially cost SEM the game as more seconds went off the clock. Regardless these refs are criminal in these end of game situations.

Reply #776423 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

That's the other side of the coin. And you know they're also desperate to call an unsportsmanlike when a team fouls a bit harder because they decide not to call the first one

Reply #776426 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That's so true and I've seen it play out so many times (even before the new USF rule) - it's as if the officials are taunting the players and hoping for them to make a greater misstep. Disgusting.

Reply #776427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings getting slightly worse each week. I'd be getting my money on United next week.

Reply #776439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really liked Gaze questioning some of Weavers coaching decisions, ffs literally coached the same team last year and fucked it up whilst kings are currently cruising. Need a bleep button for every time he opens his mouth and questions a coaches decision.

Reply #776444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"
Madgen never played euro league or cup. Last season he was in the German first division and his side just avoided relegation."

Madsen did play eurocup you fucking idiot why is there so many people on here that post shit and have no idea. A simple google search will help you to figure out he did play eurocup during his European stint now please don't post without knowing facts

Reply #776462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't think Gaze was commentating on the game. While the team has a lot the same the addition of Tate, Moller and Bruce plus super Ware makes a load of difference.

Reply #776467 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I really liked Gaze questioning some of Weavers coaching decisions, ffs literally coached the same team last year

There's only 3 players out there (with 1 injured) who played under Gaze last season, it's almost a totally new team.

Reply #776471 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Also Gaze wasn't on commentary.

Reply #776472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Madsen I've never heard off, a simple search of google will tell you he’s never played euro,

re madgen I commented on last season and he played on a struggling German team. He had season in euro cup a few years back but never played for any top euro teams.

Enjoy your evening pea brain.

Reply #776478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze sucks. Cant coach and really should not be commenting on anything to do with the Kings. He had his chance and was CRAP! Secondly, the refs are making a habit of deciding close games with their ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL calls. What a joke. The NBL is doing a great job promoting the game but these refs just take it backwards every week.

P.S. Adnam was absolutely crap with the kings last year and I loved seeing him get mauled by the bogey man.

PPS. Dane Pineau was atrocious for Sydney last year. Good to see him trying harder his year but putting him up against Bogut was like putting a mouse in a snake's cage.

Reply #776492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pineau 12 boards, 5 o-boards, +8
Bogut 10 boards, 0 o-boards, -1

Madgen = Eurocup. Averaged 17ppg and shot 53% from 3 in 14 games.

https://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eurocup/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=007369&seasoncode=U2016

Reply #776495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you're calling me a pea brain yet you just owned yourself by saying he actually did play EuroCup, the idiots you find on this forum oh man

your original quote "Madgen never played euro league or cup"

please return to club penguin

Reply #776498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He had season in euro cup a few years back but never played for any top euro teams."

Wrong again you fkn idiot he played two season in the Eurocup with Lietkabelis and Lietuvos Rytas please stop posting youre embarrasing yourself

Reply #776499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut 10-1

Pineau 5-5

I'm certain Weaver isn’t trying to get Pineau back to replace Bogut.

Reply #776516 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754